[FX] elfurbe: Nightly [Branch|Trunk/OSX] (G3/G4/G5/Intel)

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

The 0824 works nicely on my side (7450, PowerBook).

elfurbe, does this build include the patch for bug 305632 ?

If yes, than that was the one that was breaking themes on OS X. The problem I was experiencing earlier has apparently disappeared. Good.
elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

Well, should grandmaster mento be correct, today's builds should alleviate this problem. Let me know if the case is otherwise.
skier0178

Post by skier0178 »

0824 loads find now. I read that you can change the value of app.extensions.version in about:config to 1.0+ to make extensions work but the mac version doesn't have this attribute, it has extensions.lastAppVersion but changing this doesn't allow you to reenable the disabled extensions or themes.
elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

You can add keys by editing prefs.js in your user profile. It goes like:
user_pref("key_name",key_value);

Be sure to quote key value when it's a string.

So, for this key, try throwing this:

Code: Select all

user_pref("app.extensions.version","1.0+");

in at the end of your prefs.js in your profile folder (which is in ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/profile_name/prefs.js)

Might work! :D
weerez

Post by weerez »

i have been trying to follow this thread pretty closely, but i may have missed this. the build UA (at least on 7450 8.24, but I know on others too), it says DeerPark Alpha1.6a1. None of my extensions or themes work now because of it. The lastappversion key said 1.6a1, but changing it does nothing. Any ideas? Is this kind've what you guys were talking about?
weerez

Post by weerez »

also, does anyone have any ideas as to why, each time i close my firefox build, that it writes a copy of my bookmarks.html file, and since the file already exists, saves as bookmarks-1.html, etc.?
elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

As to your second question:
That's actually a Spotlight + Firefox bug. Go into the Spotlight preferences and tell it not to index your Firefox profile folder (~/Library/Application Support/Firefox). That'll fix that problem right up.

To the first:
Yeah, trunk builds are 1.6+ now, as they've branched Mozilla 1.8 which equals Firefox 1.5. We're now bleeding-edge Gecko/Moz 1.9 baby, WOOO! It's like sky-diving for geeks. As far as I can tell, there isn't an app.themes.version prefkey, but perhaps someone more hardcore than I can clarify that entirely.
skier0178

Post by skier0178 »

themes and extensions can be reenabled once you add the user_pref("app.extensions.version","1.0+"); line to your prefs.js file.
elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

Awesome. That's good to know. Any popular themes/extensions buggering up or do they mostly all seem to work?
skier0178

Post by skier0178 »

extensions work fine, themes that aren't updated to display the RSS icon in the address bar show the big empty bubble in the address bar....
weerez

Post by weerez »

man, thats what that is. i asked about it in bangbang's SSE2 thread, but no one responded.
elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

So, the machine I was using to do my Fox builds got wiped without notice. My build script and all my other build materials have gone to the place where overwritten bits go. I'm trying to find another Mac to do my builds on, as doing a full gamut of builds every night on my powerbook isn't something I'd like to do, and I'm going to try to rewrite my build script from scratch, even though that gives me the willies just thinking about it (stinking thing was quite long), so hopefully next week or so I'll be back up an running. I'm not giving up, I just don't have a definite time table.

So consider this an on-hold notice, and enjoy the muzak until I get back into it.
weerez

Post by weerez »

are you going to stick to truck builds or will you ever do branch builds?
elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

Well, when I get back to building at all, I'm going to stick to trunk for now. I may start doing a weekly branch build or something just for the 7450.
skier0178

Post by skier0178 »

hey elfurbe, anyway to put up one build from the latest trunk for the 7450? The one you left off at is pretty buggy and there have been a lot of improvements since. If not, no worries.