[FX/TB] MacOSX Builders Unite!

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
drumsticks

Post by drumsticks »

Code: Select all

cvs checkout -r MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH mozilla/client.mk mozilla/browser/config
to check out the branch. Skip the "MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH" line for trunk
ankh

Post by ankh »

[hanging head in shame]
I recognize CVS is a versioning control system, and that's a command -- but I'm here to do testing, not building. Actually working on botany on the computer, using Firefox so I can use the web without being buried in garbage advertising, basicall.

I took my G3 'Pismo' back to Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050815 Firefox/1.0+ (Mac Community Build, ElFurbe) and was able to load AdBlock and Aardvark again
ankh

Post by ankh »

Well, once. Then something else went wrong, I reloaded from scratch, new profile, and Aardvark won't install. I dunno. I'll try something earlier.
jeddhead

Post by jeddhead »

is it just me or do some people still have that weird bubble thing in the address bar? i read in a few earlier posts that it was supposed to be fixed in the newer build releases.
sea bass

Post by sea bass »

It's a theme problem, I think. I was using GrApple Brazil and the bubble/button was there, then I switched to the newest version of GrApple Zaphod and it disappeared.
drumsticks

Post by drumsticks »

ankh: Sorry I thought you were talking about building.

jeddhead: Yeah, sea bass is probably right. Sounds like a theme problem. The bubble has been fixed for some time now.
Lost User 117706

Post by Lost User 117706 »

sea bass wrote:It's a theme problem, I think. I was using GrApple Brazil and the bubble/button was there, then I switched to the newest version of GrApple Zaphod and it disappeared.

i had changed my userChrome.css with this a bit ago

#urlbar {
font-size: 8pt !important;
}

and it gave me the bubble on the later builds, changing it back to 9 fixed it
LordBodak

Post by LordBodak »

Howdy folks. Love the builds! I've skipped a few... I went from 8/17 to 8/31 and have an issue. When I press Apple-T to get a new tab, the address bar no longer gets focus (it did in 8/17). I have a hunch this is a config setting, but I can't find it! Any insights?
ankh

Post by ankh »

Anybody doing the recent nightlies? I'm using the official

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050906 Firefox/1.4

on my G3/Pismo.
drumsticks

Post by drumsticks »

ankh: Doesn't appear to be anyone building G3 branch. Elfurbe is building G3/G4 trunk though.
Dru

Post by Dru »

I'll do a G3 when I do a build of beta1 tomorrow if that's helpful.
iMac G5 1.9Ghz | 1.5Gb | OS X 10.4.8
CreativeFlux
ankh

Post by ankh »

I don't mind staying with official releases, since I'm tryint to be of some use as a tester -- but I'm always very happy to use an optimized G3 build of whatever I"m testing to see how it helps. So a build for the G3 of the beta1 would be nice to try out. Thanks!
drseuss9311

Post by drseuss9311 »

LordBodak: Don't take my word for it, but it's probably not a config thing. More than likely it's a code bug/feature. Try submitting it to bugzilla if you can repeat it with an official nightly build.
ABP : AiOS : Chatzilla : Customize Google : FireFTP : Flashblock : Greasemonkey : MrTech Toolkit : Coralize (not updated yet) : Context Search : Searchbar Autosizer :: iBookG4
mento

Post by mento »

drseuss9311 and LordBodak, that problem was bug 305872.
drseuss9311

Post by drseuss9311 »

anyone out there know how i can get greasemonkey to work with the nightlies?

i remember hearing of a workaround... i'm tyring to google it now.
ABP : AiOS : Chatzilla : Customize Google : FireFTP : Flashblock : Greasemonkey : MrTech Toolkit : Coralize (not updated yet) : Context Search : Searchbar Autosizer :: iBookG4