Images / .gif animations don't load

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
progodelic

Post by progodelic »

Swami wrote:
progodelic wrote:I installed the new version of Itunes and now my Comcast.net homepage images have the quicktime logo "broken" and will not load. If I uninstall Quicktime it works fine. The images are shockwave flash based but reinstalling the plugin doesn't help. Any Suggestions??\

See this: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/flash. ... -quicktime

Went to the link, Issue solved. I didn't think to check the "Browser" Tab.

Quoth Carlos "Duh Da Duh!!!"
Progodelic

#5 Image fix!!!

Post by Guest »

For those of you that are unable to load image #5 I found a fix that worked for me. Open a new tab and type in about:config in the address bar. You'll see all the config settings for FF. Scroll down to network.protocol-handler.external.javascript. This should be set to false if not double click the setting and it will change. I have FF ver. 1.06 and am running SuSE 9.3. You windoze users should be able to do the same thing.
:banana:
al_to

Post by al_to »

"I keep getting a message saying I need to install Quicktime but it's already installed. Images won't appear in webpages."

I am getting this too. Running OS X, even downloaded 1.0.6, and still can't see some images (there's a Quicktime Q logo with a question mark), Safari is fine though... And I've got the most up-to-date Quicktime.
Swami

Post by Swami »

al_to wrote:"I keep getting a message saying I need to install Quicktime but it's already installed. Images won't appear in webpages."

See this: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206210
al_to wrote: and still can't see some images (there's a Quicktime Q logo with a question mark)

See this: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/flash. ... -quicktime
hellene

Post by hellene »

Puempy wrote:
hellene wrote:@ Puempy - sometimes animated avatars have a limited number of times they will play in any one session. Might that be your problem?

nope, its got nothing to do whit animated pics, most of them arent animated but some are
none of them show up
actually i dont have a problem right now, but it happens every now and then
Puempy, it sounds like you have an intermittent connection problem. Other than checking settings and clearing your cache, those are the very devil to resolve unless you have someone standing over the computer at the time it happens :(
I don't know how to do any of this stuff, I just hire the guys that do
Have you considered reading the HELP folder. Right there on your menu bar.
Image by Juniper http onic.net/~daylight/ - Xmas special by Ol Grumpy
KingKong

Metropipe image problem

Post by KingKong »

Hi,

Re: Mozilla Firefox with Metropipe Tunnel.

I can see all the images here. Not sure if they're ALL supposed to be numbered? But I can see 5 airships.

My real problem begins when I go through Metropipe tunnel. I then get very few images in Mozilla Firefox. For example, when I click on Google images I only get maybe 2 images out of 20! I get few ads.

Any solutions? I've read through this entire thread but nobody has mentioned no images in Firefox via an encryted tunnel. Would appreciate informed solution!

KingKong :(

Post by Guest »

hellene wrote:
Puempy wrote:
hellene wrote:@ Puempy - sometimes animated avatars have a limited number of times they will play in any one session. Might that be your problem?

nope, its got nothing to do whit animated pics, most of them arent animated but some are
none of them show up
actually i dont have a problem right now, but it happens every now and then
Puempy, it sounds like you have an intermittent connection problem. Other than checking settings and clearing your cache, those are the very devil to resolve unless you have someone standing over the computer at the time it happens :(

ah thanx
if its only the connection i dont worry, its always been shitty
its just weird that firefox is the only browser that does it

Post by Guest »

look I have asked three times why I cant get HTML to render on my PC as have at least two other people that I have seen, if you don't know say "I don't know" but don't just ignore us, thats rude. I work with HTML alot and I NEED to be able to see it. [-o< Please I need help! Give me SOMETHING!
Dingus

Post by Dingus »

You bloody ripper. Why didn't I search before. Thanks heaps

Post by Guest »

Hey,
I see all the image on the first page but I can't see the image on forum with attached tumbnails. I can see them in IE but not FF.
steiner1

Images / .gif animations don't load

Post by steiner1 »

Thx 4 the post, but i'm still avin prob's! Ebay av recently changed the way their site loads & it is messin up my Javascipt? Images r not bein loaded. Checked the console & it just lists loads of errors tryin to load the Ebay page: 'EBAY IS NOT DEFINED'? I'm a noob at this an wondered if any 1 cud advise? Thx.
jeanthom

Can't see images

Post by jeanthom »

f you cannot see the image below check under: Tools | Options | Web Features | Load Images <put checkmark here

Image 2
If you cannot see the image below check under: Tools | Options | Web Features | Load Images | for the originating site only <remove checkmark from here

I do not get any option to Load Images when I click on Web Features. I'm using Win 2000. Is the above only available in XP?

Post by Guest »

Great post, many thanks sorted it all out. :)

Post by Guest »

I cant see ant of them ever!!!

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I cant see any of them ever!!!