Enhanced History Manager 0.5.8.05 (Dec 28 update)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

onemen wrote:maxVersion for DPA nightlies is 1.6a1
hehe.... :-) 1.6 is close enough to 1.6a1
shirishag75

Post by shirishag75 »

I tried & tried & failed here's my system info
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050908 Firefox/1.4
intel p4 128 DDR 266 mhz RAM if that's something that might help to figure out.
91.4.0esr on GNU/Linux as well as Windows :)
Extensions info. viewtopic.php?t=413910 - needs to be updated
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

shirishag75 wrote:I tried & tried & failed here's my system info
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050908 Firefox/1.4
intel p4 128 DDR 266 mhz RAM if that's something that might help to figure out.
I'm not sure why it's not installing for you. Have you tried the one from my homepage. What's the error message, any js console errors (make sure javascript.options.showInConsole is 'true' in about:config)
shirishag75

Post by shirishag75 »

yup, the javscript.options.showInConsole has been put 'true'. Trying it once again & reporting back. Btw how the hell should I see the js console. No idea about that part thanx in advance
shirishag75

Post by shirishag75 »

o.k. the extension works beautifully with some new additions for sorting which u have done. Curiously though it didn't get updated with the one in the UMO. See if u can do something about it.
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

shirishag75 wrote:o.k. the extension works beautifully with some new additions for sorting which u have done. Curiously though it didn't get updated with the one in the UMO. See if u can do something about it.
UMO sometimes take a bit longer to update depending on how overworked the staff approving extnsions are.
rootcellar

Allow unmatched results to show?

Post by rootcellar »

I wish I could think of something to search on to see if this has been covered here before, but no, so on with it.

For me EHM would be even more enhanced if a search in it didn't filter out unmatched results. The latter could be still hidden by being collapsed, or could be distinguished by indenting or by some color or font scheme. Why? An example will do here.

Yesterday a site crashed my FF, and I'd like to avoid and/or report that site, but cannot find it. I don't remember its name or URL, only it subject matter, that I got there from a Google search results page, that I visited many links from that page, AND that it was the first link I tried from the results. If I do the same Google search the results will show lots of visited sites, but not which one I visited first. A normal history view in FF, uncollapsed for yesterday, will show so many visits to Google that I'll be lost on where to begin. Maybe there's a specific SORT I could do in EHM to find it? An EHM sort result might look something like this, generically:

Google results
-------- first link visited
-------- second link visited

And so forth.
AnonEmoose

Re: Allow unmatched results to show?

Post by AnonEmoose »

rootcellar wrote:I wish I could think of something to search on to see if this has been covered here before, but no, so on with it.

For me EHM would be even more enhanced if a search in it didn't filter out unmatched results. The latter could be still hidden by being collapsed, or could be distinguished by indenting or by some color or font scheme. Why? An example will do here.

Yesterday a site crashed my FF, and I'd like to avoid and/or report that site, but cannot find it. I don't remember its name or URL, only it subject matter, that I got there from a Google search results page, that I visited many links from that page, AND that it was the first link I tried from the results. If I do the same Google search the results will show lots of visited sites, but not which one I visited first. A normal history view in FF, uncollapsed for yesterday, will show so many visits to Google that I'll be lost on where to begin. Maybe there's a specific SORT I could do in EHM to find it? An EHM sort result might look something like this, generically:

Google results
-------- first link visited
-------- second link visited

And so forth.
Functionailty you realy want is already covered in the SessionSaver extension. It can restore your last (and more) browser session and crash recovery.

As for finding the urls you just visited prior to crashing you can use EHM and sort on 'Last Visited' or First Visited depending on your needs.
rootcellar

Re: Allow unmatched results to show?

Post by rootcellar »

AnonEmoose wrote:Functionailty you realy want is already covered in the SessionSaver extension. It can restore your last (and more) browser session and crash recovery.

As for finding the urls you just visited prior to crashing you can use EHM and sort on 'Last Visited' or First Visited depending on your needs.

I used to have SessionSaver installed, but found it a bit annoying. Besides, if/when it would try to restore a crash-causing site, I'd expect another crash. Also, it wouldn't help for finding a site I visited, say, 100 sites ago. So, I'll just use EHM as you suggest. The regular history manager also has this shortcoming (IMO) of hiding the context after a history search.
shirishag75

Post by shirishag75 »

Hi again,
There has been some bad mouthing of 0.5.7.04 the latest one haven't tried so can't say either way. What is u'r experience guys, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050908 Firefox/1.4
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

shirishag75 wrote:Hi again,
There has been some bad mouthing of 0.5.7.04 the latest one haven't tried so can't say either way. What is u'r experience guys, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050908 Firefox/1.4
Bad mouthing? Where? About what? Oh and by the way there is no version 0.5.7.04. the highest is 0.5.7.02 (or on UMO v0.7.5.03, the maxVersion bump of 0.5.7.02)
shirishag75

Post by shirishag75 »

u'r right AnonEmoose but 'm pretty sure that I saw it somewhere whether at TEM or at UMO don't remember. Checked the UMO again today & saw the entry as 0.5.7.03 which as per ur post is just maxVersion bump. What actually is bumping & what does it enable one to do?
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

shirishag75 wrote:u'r right AnonEmoose but 'm pretty sure that I saw it somewhere whether at TEM or at UMO don't remember. Checked the UMO again today & saw the entry as 0.5.7.03 which as per ur post is just maxVersion bump. What actually is bumping & what does it enable one to do?
maxVersion iis explained here. http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/in ... pplication

'bumping' the maxVersion just means increasing the maxVersion value higher (so that it installs on a higher version of the browser) . It should only be done if the install package is known to work on the new version as well
shirishag75

Post by shirishag75 »

Thanx mate,
Another thing which I know is not the place to ask but is there a way to limit the egosearch (the search for new replies) to show only replies which happen in the last 24 hrs. Is this something in works or something which can be manipulated maybe some hidden setting in the profile which I don't know about
Secondly which is the best thread to know what is in the works for the forum, a wiki or something so I can know what to look out for when the forum gets upgraded or something thanx. Btw u'r extension+ session saver truly rock.
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

PREVIEW RELEASE:
Tested on latest nightlies and backwards

Enhanced History Manager 0.5.8.00PR1 <a href="http://home.ripway.com/2004-12/220190/FireFox/download.php?filename=Enhanced_History_Manager_0.5.8.00PR1.xpi"> HERE</a>

- More Mac friendly (use <toolbar> instead of <menubar>) Thanks to My Yute, Jim D and other Mac users for testing
- Auto-Open Advanced Toolbar if EHM window opens from Search Dialog (Doesn't affect global setting)
- Display Folder name in titlebar if Managing Folders in new EHM Window
- If searchbox is empty AutoGroups as default grouping pref
- Consolidated/streamlined some javascript functions