Enhanced Bookmark Search 0.1.4.04 UPDATED (Feb 25)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Kitefighter

Post by Kitefighter »

Honestly, I don't like the toolbar button image very much :-(. The simple big magnifier from 1.3.0.2 was a lot more catchy / quicker locatable on a cluttered toolbar. Any chance to get the old one back? Maybe with userChrome.css settings?
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

Problems:

1. This0.1.4.00 is not available on UMO, despite the link provided above.
2. Files on your home page are downloaded as download.php, and the attempt to install the .xpi from the link there tries to install download.php.

At least that is what I find using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050908 Firefox/1.4 ID:2005090806.
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

1. UMO takes time to update depending on how busy the reviewer's are

2. Due to a FireFox regression. Just rename the file to fix... Bug 299372 see related topic http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=319183
Vote to get it fixed
symbol

Post by symbol »

Kitefighter wrote:Honestly, I don't like the toolbar button image very much :-(. The simple big magnifier from 1.3.0.2 was a lot more catchy / quicker locatable on a cluttered toolbar. Any chance to get the old one back? Maybe with userChrome.css settings?

I agree. I remember bringing up the toolbar button issue and successfully convincing AnonEmoose to ditch the current toolbar button in favor of the magnifying glass. I'm saddened to see the return of the "new/old/new" button that I hoped would remain in exile.
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

Kitefighter wrote:Honestly, I don't like the toolbar button image very much :-(. The simple big magnifier from 1.3.0.2 was a lot more catchy / quicker locatable on a cluttered toolbar. Any chance to get the old one back? Maybe with userChrome.css settings?

symbol wrote:

I agree. I remember bringing up the toolbar button issue and successfully convincing AnonEmoose to ditch the current toolbar button in favor of the magnifying glass. I'm saddened to see the return of the "new/old/new" button that I hoped would remain in exile.

To revert to the 'old' image edit/ create a userChrome.css in your profile's chrome folder

Code: Select all

toolbarbutton#EBS-button {
  -moz-image-region: rect(0 24px 24px 0) !important;
  list-style-image: url(EBS-searchbutton.png) !important;
}

#EBS-button-browser  {
  -moz-image-region: rect(0 24px 24px 0) !important;
}
toolbar[iconsize="small"] #EBS-button-browser {
  -moz-image-region: rect(0 16px 16px 0) !important;
}

download either one of the following images and rename it to EBS-searchbutton.png and put it in your profile's chrome folder
ALT IMAGE 1
ALT IMAGE 2
symbol

Post by symbol »

AnonEmoose wrote:To revert to the 'old' image edit/ create a userChrome.css in your profile's chrome folder

I'm gonna dance at your wedding! \:D/
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

symbol wrote:
AnonEmoose wrote:To revert to the 'old' image edit/ create a userChrome.css in your profile's chrome folder

I'm gonna dance at your wedding! \:D/
Don't forget to bring a gift as long as it's not a toaster hehehe :-)

Added it to <a href="http://snipurl.com/AnonEmooseFF/EBS-TipsTricks.html">EBS-TipsTricks </a>
Kitefighter

Post by Kitefighter »

Image Cool, thank you! Very much appreciated. Image
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

AnonEmoose wrote:1. UMO takes time to update depending on how busy the reviewer's are

2. Due to a FireFox regression. Just rename the file to fix... Bug 299372 see related topic http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=319183
Vote to get it fixed

Showed up eventually on UMO. I had seen the start of that bug thread, had no understanding as to what it was about; thanks, shall cast vote thereunto.
Kitefighter

Post by Kitefighter »

Huh, I just found out that the version 0.1.4.00 breaks the extension "Locate in Bookmark Folders".
LiBF no more works neither in the Bookmars Sidebar nor in the Bookmarks Manager when EBS is installed.
onemen

Post by onemen »

Kitefighter wrote:Huh, I just found out that the version 0.1.4.00 breaks the extension "Locate in Bookmark Folders".
LiBF no more works neither in the Bookmars Sidebar nor in the Bookmarks Manager when EBS is installed.

WFM
Kitefighter

Post by Kitefighter »

Hmm, maybe because you use the beta, not e.g. 1.0.7.
Anybody with a release who sees this?
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

WFM too

EBS + LiBF was tested on 1.0.x, 1.5b2 & DPA perhaps the event listener
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=174320 bug is affecing your setup (thsi is no longer an issue win non 1.0.x builds). try switchimg the installation order.

Are there any js console errors, any other extensions acting wonky
Kitefighter

Post by Kitefighter »

All other extensions work fine as far as I can see.

I get js console errors indeed regarding the Bookmark Sidebar but that also happens when EBS or LiBF aren't activated. When I open the sidebar, type a few characters and click or right click on a found item I get this:
Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER) [nsIRDFDataSource.GetTarget]" nsresult: "0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/bookmarks.js :: anonymous :: line 1206" data: no]
Source File: chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/bookmarks.js
Line: 1206
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

Kitefighter wrote:All other extensions work fine as far as I can see.

I get js console errors indeed regarding the Bookmark Sidebar but that also happens when EBS or LiBF aren't activated. When I open the sidebar, type a few characters and click or right click on a found item I get this:
Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER) [nsIRDFDataSource.GetTarget]" nsresult: "0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/bookmarks.js :: anonymous :: line 1206" data: no]
Source File: chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/bookmarks.js
Line: 1206
Correct that is not EBS, LiBF related and error from way back ,which incidentally oneman submitted a patch for in bugzilla and has been included/fixed in the the beta and nightlies.

As for your issue I'm not sure what to tell you, have you tried a (test) clean profile??