miniT 20110327

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
thenightfly42

Post by thenightfly42 »

Hail, dorando!

I'm using the Deer Park nightlies, which just checked in <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=179656">Bug 179656 - Allow drag-and-drop reordering of tabs</a>. This removes my primary need for miniT. However, I still like the ability to use the scrollwheel to switch tabs, so I uninstalled miniT and installed miniT-tabscroll. It appears that miniT allowed "wrapping" on the tabs (i.e., I can go directly from the first to the last tab), but miniT-tabscroll does not wrap. Was this intended? Is there a way that I can get miniT-tabscroll to wrap?

Also, yesterday I filed <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=296970">Bug 296970 - Drag-and-drop of background tab changes focus</a>, which was WONTFIXed. It was mentioned in the Nightlies thread that it might be possible to revert this behavior with an extension. Perhaps you could release a miniT-deerpark, which would be miniT minus the drag and drop feature, and including a fix for Bug 296970?
dorando

Post by dorando »

thenightfly42 wrote:I'm using the Deer Park nightlies, [...] It appears that miniT allowed "wrapping" on the tabs (i.e., I can go directly from the first to the last tab), but miniT-tabscroll does not wrap.
This is because of <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=295721" title="focused tabs in tabbox behavior tweaks">Bug 295721</a> advanceSelectedTab now needs a true as second parameter to enable wrapping. Replacing

Code: Select all

gBrowser.mTabContainer.advanceSelectedTab(event.detail < 0 ? -1 : 1 );
with

gBrowser.mTabContainer.advanceSelectedTab(event.detail < 0 ? -1 : 1, true );
should work.

thenightfly42 wrote:Also, yesterday I filed <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=296970">Bug 296970 - Drag-and-drop of background tab changes focus</a>, which was WONTFIXed. It was mentioned in the Nightlies thread that it might be possible to revert this behavior with an extension.
I'm not sure if this is archiveable without using XBL (a design goal of miniT)...
thenightfly42

Post by thenightfly42 »

dorando wrote:Replacing

gBrowser.mTabContainer.advanceSelectedTab(event.detail < 0 ? -1 : 1 );
with

gBrowser.mTabContainer.advanceSelectedTab(event.detail < 0 ? -1 : 1, true );
should work.

That worked, thanks!
dorando wrote:I'm not sure if this is archiveable without using XBL (a design goal of miniT)...

OK, just thought I'd ask.
mozilla28596

Post by mozilla28596 »

thenightfly42 wrote:Also, yesterday I filed <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=296970">Bug 296970 - Drag-and-drop of background tab changes focus</a>, which was WONTFIXed. It was mentioned in the Nightlies thread that it might be possible to revert this behavior with an extension. Perhaps you could release a miniT-deerpark, which would be miniT minus the drag and drop feature, and including a fix for Bug 296970?

Any word on an extension to fix this wontfix bug?
HemiolaSUN

Post by HemiolaSUN »

mozilla28596 wrote:
thenightfly42 wrote:Also, yesterday I filed <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=296970">Bug 296970 - Drag-and-drop of background tab changes focus</a>, which was WONTFIXed. It was mentioned in the Nightlies thread that it might be possible to revert this behavior with an extension. Perhaps you could release a miniT-deerpark, which would be miniT minus the drag and drop feature, and including a fix for Bug 296970?

Any word on an extension to fix this wontfix bug?

i've tried in Tab Mix and onemen in Tab Mix Plus. but until now, we haven't not yet found a way to override the fx 1.4 native mouse-click behaviour.

personally, i hope this bug could be reopened. just vote it!
gnuzoo

Can you please upgrade miniT for firefox version 2?

Post by gnuzoo »

Can you please upgrade miniT for firefox version 2?
dorando

Post by dorando »

I'll release an updates to miniT and miniT (tabscroll) as soon as I find time for it.
Support mozilla.dorando.at through donations/contributions.
cptno

Post by cptno »

thanks for the update dorando. But for some reason the tabscrolling doesn't work in minit-tabscroll. It, however, does work in minit.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Seems like I've forgotten to retest it after the conversion to chrome.manifest... 8-[
New version uploaded.
uilleann

What's the latest on this?

Post by uilleann »

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.12 and miniT-tabscroll is still working, although I use Nightly Tester Tools to keep it running, and every Firefox/extension update kills it off again! I think I'll go patch the RDF file manually to kick it up to a high limit that will keep it going until 3.0.

Thing is, Firefox 3 is looming and I don't know whether telling miniT-tabscroll to lie and pretend to support Firefox 3 is a good idea or not :) What's the outlook for Firefox 3? This is an extension that I very quickly notice when it's been killed by another Firefox or extension update -- it's invaluable.

Also, I have a weird problem with Firefox where, when I try to close a tab, it often jumps to the next tab and leaves the previous one open. Or just won't close the tab. Or jumps from one end of the tab list to the other, or jumps two tabs along. I can only guess that this is due to miniT-tabscroll; I suspected FLST, but I've long had this disabled/uninstalled and nothing changed.
dorando

Post by dorando »

uilleann wrote:What's the outlook for Firefox 3?
It does work in current nightlies (assuming you've disabled extensions.checkCompatibility and extensions.checkUpdateSecurity through <a href="http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.php?title=about:config&oldid=26276">about:config</a>), and due to its minimal and simple code isn't likely to change currently.

uilleann wrote:Also, I have a weird problem with Firefox where, when I try to close a tab, it often jumps to the next tab and leaves the previous one open. Or just won't close the tab. Or jumps from one end of the tab list to the other, or jumps two tabs along. I can only guess that this is due to miniT-tabscroll; I suspected FLST, but I've long had this disabled/uninstalled and nothing changed.
Since miniT (tabscroll) only registers a DOMMouseScroll listener (from within the main load event) it shouldn't be able to produce such an error. What you experience might be a mouse issue if the wheel is too sensitive.
uilleann

Post by uilleann »

OK. But will it formally be made compatible with Firefox 3? (In terms of security and stated compatibility)
dorando

Post by dorando »

Yes.
ThiefMaster

Post by ThiefMaster »

Officially compatible version of undoclosetab+tabscroll would be great