[Ext] ImageBot

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
JaGx

Post by JaGx »

Peregrino. Thank you for the translation. I have added your spanish localization to imagebot 1.6.6. Now, when someone installs imagebot on a spanish firefox, imagebot will use spanish as well :D

Unfortunately, there are many things wrong with 1.0.7 such as the tree view object functions. Also, the XMLHttpRequest does some wierd things when using streams.

ImageBot is compatible with Deer Park and up for a reason; not just because I felt like it ;)
Changing the version info in the install.rdf to install it on 1.0.7 is useless because it simply won't work on 1.0.7 without a handful of changes.
Misael.K

Post by Misael.K »

Hmmm... it appears to be that the last version doesn' work.

The next message is shown at the bottom of the navigator:

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE window SYSTEM "chrome://imgbot/locale/imgbot.dtd">
-----------------------------------------------------------^

I'm pretty sure it's translation-related. I tried it with the english versions of Deer Park and FireFox 1.5 b1, btw.
JaGx

Post by JaGx »

Oops. Uploaded a bad version to PimpsOfPain. :(
You can get it again from PoP or goto https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/m ... ox&id=1174.
<>< <>< < >< >< >
<>< <>< <>< < ><
<>< < >< ><> <>< ><>
Misael.K

Post by Misael.K »

Very good!

New version is wonderful :mrgreen:.

BTW, don't want to be a bother, but I believe Peregrino deserves to have his name in the changelog too, for translating the extension ^_^
JaGx

Post by JaGx »

Yeh. I should have done that. I'm sorry Peregrino - it's not that I wanted to steal the spotlight or anything; it totally slipped my mind. It's added now though: http://pimpsofpain.com/imagebot.html
JaGx

Post by JaGx »

I should note that ImageBot is still in beta because I don't consider it complete with all the features it should have:

Login to ImageShack automatically and notify the user if login was successful - if they are logged in, etc..
Sync with ImageShack if logged in (get all images, deleted images, etc.)
if logged in, when an image is deleted, delete it from imageshack as well (will be an option to turn this off)
real thumbnails stored on local hd instead of the gay imageshack thumbs (won't have to get the thumbs from imageshack each time)
thumbnails resized instead of cropped
row height changer (+ or -)
right-click menu on web images ("Re-host image via ImageBot")

What other things would you guys like that I'm missing?
Misael.K

Post by Misael.K »

jackee wrote:Sync with ImageShack if logged in (get all images, deleted images, etc.)
row height changer (+ or -)

Yes yes yes! :D :D

BTW, it seems that the menu wasn't changing according to the locale, but I fixed it and uploaded it here:

http://www.malditocrc.com.ar/overlay.xul (put Save Link As...)

Also, there was a small translation mistake, truly minimal, but I believe it needed to be changed. New version here:

http://www.malditocrc.com.ar/es-ES.zip

(In case you wonder, it said "Entre una expresión regular" where it should say "Ingrese una expresión regular")
JaGx

Post by JaGx »

Thanks for noticing these blatant errors on my part Misael.
I updated my files with the fixes.
I won't make this a new version - it will just be updates on top of the next major release.

On a side note, I'm getting hammered rating-wise by morons who never learned to read:
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/m ... successful

It clearly says the version required yet I got 5 "zero ratings" and 1 "two rating" because it's not compatible with 1.0.7. Fucking sad!
JaGx

Post by JaGx »

1.6.7 released with Misael's fixes, new icons, and two error checks that were left out.
You can get it at http://pimpsofpain.com/imgbot.xpi
It isn't avaliable on Mozilla Update yet, but I submitted it.
<>< <>< < >< >< >
<>< <>< <>< < ><
<>< < >< ><> <>< ><>
Misael.K

Post by Misael.K »

Hmmm... the icons seem to be missing. The only ones provided with the new version are "preview.png", "small.png" and "large.png". The extension calls the files "Throbber.gif" and "actionbuttons.png". Also, the same image is used for "Done!" and for "Error"?

For the icons I just thought of something. For "loading" an animated gif of a little guy running. For "error", the same guy stopping to catch some breath. And for "done" once again the little dude with his arms raised in sign of victory :mrgreen:. What do you think?

jackee wrote:It clearly says the version required yet I got 5 "zero ratings" and 1 "two rating" because it's not compatible with 1.0.7. Fucking sad!

People = Mean
Sad but true :cry:.
JaGx

Post by JaGx »

It should work fine.

treechildren::-moz-tree-image(loading)
{
list-style-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/Throbber.gif");
padding-right: 5px;
}

treechildren::-moz-tree-image(done)
{
list-style-image: url("chrome://mozapps/skin/extensions/actionbuttons.png");
-moz-image-region: rect(0px, 63px, 21px, 42px) !important;
}

treechildren::-moz-tree-image(error)
{
list-style-image: url("chrome://mozapps/skin/extensions/actionbuttons.png");
-moz-image-region: rect(0px, 21px, 21px, 0px) !important;
}

They are all images packaged with firefox. done and error use moz-image-region to cut the image.

The running guy is a cool idea cept the currents seem to be good so no need for it.
Misael.K

Post by Misael.K »

I just checked with Fx 1.5b1 and yes, the images are there. However, with Deer Park and a theme the images are not visible. Maybe it's due to the theme lacking those images, or maybe they exist but have a different name under the theme (it's named "Apollo", btw). If the theme is deactivated, Imagebot shows the right images, which are nice :D.
JaGx

Post by JaGx »

Thanks for the notification Misael. You have truly helped me by being observant and finding these small errors that I would have missed myself.
Just released 1.6.8 (same link as usual ;) )
1.6.8 fixes what you were talking about (I copied the images to files and packaged them with the extension)
and it also starts the creation of the settings panel.
Right now, the settings panel just gives some options for changing the interface around but it will also contain other settings once the ImageShack login / sync stuff is done.
Misael.K

Post by Misael.K »

Nah, you helped me first by creating this excellent extension :mrgreen:... the amount of time that you saved me is unmeasurable >_____<

Ok, the images now work with a theme installed, but the new panel has some bugs:

1) Whenever the filter is disabled, and you want to see how is it without the bar, and then reactivate it, the bar appears at the bottom instead of at the top, where it should be. This happens in both Float and Tab modes.

2) If the "hide tree context menu" option is checked, and then you right-click any image, when you return to the settings panel and uncheck that option, the context menu opens in that panel :P. Also, in one of the attempts to see the bug (which happens always), Firefox crashed when I tried to copy an image with the "out-of-section" context menu.
Schuette

Post by Schuette »

Sorry Jackee - I gave you the 2 star rating (thought it was three?) I find the version system very misleading and assumed that as 1.0.7 was the latest mainstream version that it would work with it. I'll be back over in a min to rerate because I've now upgraded to Beta 2. Maybe you could put something in the blurb specifically about 1.0.7 so that dorks like me don't get confused?