[Ext] SessionSaver .2d: new (rewrite)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mobilone

Post by mobilone »

Yep! Something's surely amiss! As before (other people use this computer, i.e. my girlfriend) the normal "Do you want to restore from your last session?" window does not appear, nor does the sessionsaver menu items in the tools menu.

Understand that menuedit pruning my menu's and sessionsaver going awol did not coincide. In fact the menuedit thing happened weeks ago. Whatever happened recenlty is similar in its mysterious reappropriation of menus but possibly only related to a larger underlying problem/corruption.

Why does menuedit make a .bak file if I can't restore my menus from it?

It seems like sessionsaver is no longer a part of Fx's startup. I tried to disable and then re-enable SS, but to no avail. There is nothing there except for sessionsaver sitting in the extensions folder.

Come to think of it, I think this happened after I performed an update, but I don't think SS was updated. Only forced to dissapear by the update. I don't know if that helps you help me but I sure do need help

Thanks in advance
mobilone

Post by mobilone »

Another thing that happened is all in one sidebar doesn't work anymore either
Peng

Post by Peng »

Uninstall the two extensions that don't work, and install the newest version of each.
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
Check out: Adblock Plus | FoxClocks | OpenBook
mobilone

Post by mobilone »

if I do that, will my sessions stay intact?

If so, will I be able to add them from a backup?
Peng

Post by Peng »

Your saved sessions will not be removed.
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
Chirishman

Doesn't work

Post by Chirishman »

The new SessionSaver doesn't work on Firefox Beta 2. Also, where does SessionSaver save to?
Many a small thing has been made large by the right kind of advertising.
- Mark Twain
Schrade

Post by Schrade »

Gah there's no need to delete those files! All you have to do is go to Tools -> Customize Menus -> Click Reset button.

You can force compatibility using MR Tech Local Install. (You can get it from the big thread in this forum) Just install that extension and you'll be able to right click disabled extensions and 'Make Compatible' for your current build of Firefox.

It also has a checkbox on the Install requester when you click on an extension and try to install it but it gives you a compatibility warning. The checkbox allows you to ignore the maxversion in the extension you're trying to install and then rewrites it with your current maxversion. It installs silently though... not like you'd normally see an extension install itself.
"Linux is for those who hate Windows, BSD is for those who love Unix." -Some Guy
Try my themes: QuBranch and QuTrunk
Fix Firefox's Resized image scrolling speed: <b>Bug 163975</b>
ghostshadow

Post by ghostshadow »

mobilone: Thanks very much! Worked perfectly.
Peng

Post by Peng »

Chirishman wrote:The new SessionSaver doesn't work on Firefox Beta 2. Also, where does SessionSaver save to?

WFM.

That was just asked on the last page. sessionsaver.* preferences.

Schrade: Oh, right. The reset button. Though that won't touch localstore.rdf, if it has a problem. Nightly Tester Tools can also do that stuff.
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
aranzilla

Post by aranzilla »

might be a bug, but I noticed that after installing SessionSaver on my multi monitor windows xp system, the first firefox instance would always opens in the primary monitor.

after disabling SessionSaver, firefox returned to the expected behaviour: opening in the monitor where it was last closed.

i can't say what causes this, but you definitely need a two monitor pc to duplicate the scenario :)

using Mozilla Firefox Beta 2:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b5) Gecko/20051012 Firefox/1.4.1
mobilone

Post by mobilone »

Schrade wrote:Gah there's no need to delete those files! All you have to do is go to Tools -> Customize Menus -> Click Reset button.

If you are referring to my problem, I tried that but it changed nothing. Since then I uninstalled menuedit. I believe the problem (s) may have to do with the fact that I am runnng a slightly older version of Fx. Not to menion a greater underlying weirdness lurking about my system. I don't think it was a problem with menuedit. I have wondered though, whether running Fx on a mac changes anything. I thought it must effect some extensions performance, but I've been lead to beleive otherwise.

Anyways, Thanks
A miss is as good as a mile
mobilone

Post by mobilone »

Thamks a lot Peng
Big warm hugs
-m1
Peng

Post by Peng »

mobilone wrote:Thamks a lot Peng
Big warm hugs
-m1

For? Deleting those files worked?
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
Peng

Post by Peng »

If I have a tab with multiple things in the forward/back history, go back a few pages, and close the tab, the most recent title is displayed in the SnapBack menu and if I use SnapBack to open it back up, it's on the most recent page.. Also, SnapBack isn't restoring scroll position, when I could swear it used to.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8b5) Gecko/20051021 Firefox/1.5 ID:2005102104, SessionSaver 0.2.1.030.2.5.
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
rue

Post by rue »

Peng:
Oh, handling needs to be added for bfcache; thanks for reminding.
As for SnapBack, it restores what's been captured, and scrolling (unfortunately) is only captured after: a.) you've switched tabs; b.) typed in a field; c.) clicked an input item (checkbox, radio, or list); d.) caused a subframe to load.
Presently, there's no non-hackish way to trigger when the user scrolls a content-view; so scroll-values are "lazily" captured, from other triggers.