Archived Login/Registration Problems

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
hellene

Archived Login/Registration Problems

Post by hellene »

If you have come here because you cannot activate your forum username, please post below with the username you registered. Please don't post your email address. A moderator will then be able to activate your forum account for you. Once your account is active, you will be able to log on with the password you provided when you created the account. If you have forgotten your password already, you will be able to use the "forgotten your password" facility to have a new pass word emailed to you.

Please turn off your spam filter for a few moments before and after requesting a new password or the email from the forum may wind up in your junk mail file. If you cannot find your activation or new password email, check your junk mail file. Why not add forums@mozillazine.org to your whitemail filter now.

If you have any other forum account problems, please remember to post your username if you can't log on, or we can't find your account to fix it.

If you have any other forum problems or queries that you don't see already answered in the FAQ, please start a new thread for them.
Last edited by hellene on December 13th, 2005, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know how to do any of this stuff, I just hire the guys that do
Have you considered reading the HELP folder. Right there on your menu bar.
Image by Juniper http onic.net/~daylight/ - Xmas special by Ol Grumpy
kuvalya_99

empty activation mail

Post by kuvalya_99 »

im registered my account as "kuvalya" but i got an empty " Welcome to MozillaZine Forums" mail. when
want to log in or register, says to activate my account.
and now when i want to post this message, i get "Sorry, but this username has already been taken."

???

THANKS..
James

Post by James »

old FatJohn

Post by old FatJohn »

Maybe the people who have problems registering should be pointed to this very thread before this forum gets all polluted by threads which discuss this silly issue. We allready have like 20 new threads on this and new ones keep coming. People just ignore this sticky. My 2¢.
hippolippi aveskavitch

please resurrect my ID from the scrap heap

Post by hippolippi aveskavitch »

gdstuart was my ID but since I flipped ISP's I can't get it reactivated. Was blahblah@verizon.net, now is blahblah@comcast.net.

And how do you expect someone to use this forum to get their ID activated if their ID is inactive but the forum requires a valid ID for a posting....etc....etc...etc...it all seems a bit circular and calculated to drive someone nuts.

I had to create a fake ID just to post.

Thanks in advance, please explain in simple terms if I have missed an obvious solution here.

Geoff Stuart
RAF

Post by RAF »

gdstuart with the comcast e-mail address has been activated.

Edit: E-mail addresses in previous post mangled by me.
MeCasa
Folder@Home

Post by MeCasa »

Every once in awhile I have a hard time login in, what do you think is the problem?
Sex is dirty only if it's done right .... Live and Let Live .... Rules are Boring and I Don't Like Them
...................................................... MeCasaEsSuCasa ................................................
hellene

Post by hellene »

MeCasa - the forum obviously sees you coming :)

Geoff Stuart, you didn't create another ID, you just typed a name in the NAME box. This forum allows anonymous posting specifically for the purpose of reporting registration issues.
I don't know how to do any of this stuff, I just hire the guys that do
Have you considered reading the HELP folder. Right there on your menu bar.
Image by Juniper http onic.net/~daylight/ - Xmas special by Ol Grumpy
bollix47
Folder@Home

Post by bollix47 »

My login is not 'sticking' when I restart firefox for all 3 versions

bollix47

This just started in last day or two. Has always worked in the past.

Also, the problem only exists with mozillazine.org ... any other sites I have set to remember
my login are working fine.

It appears to have something to do with having multiple forums opening up when starting Fx.

If I change it to only one forum it remembers me but if I have multiple forums(more than 2) in my homepage the login info gets lost.

Update: Just tried this on a different machine and same problem exists. Either their's something wrong with my forum profile or some kinda limit has been put in for the number of forum tabs that can be opened when starting firefox.
Last edited by bollix47 on November 4th, 2005, 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

registered as NEWBUTOLD. Can't login...

Thanks, Brian
old SKopischke

Post by old SKopischke »

newbutold has been activated. Try logging in now.

Post by Guest »

registered sevral times as vicky_me, vix.sss have lost track of what e-mails i gave durying registration but you can mail me back passwds on whichever mail i gave durying registration :) il check all my accnts
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

I never had login problem either until two days ago that is. A couple of things happen: 1 - around midnight, mozillazine came up blank saying it's upgrading and will be back soon. 2 - installed RC1. Now i have to login almost every time i restart (which is a pain while testing exts.) AND! i get kicked off occasionally too while on line and a forum tab is open, so have to re-log (this happens only with one page - my threads). Cookies allowed and also use CookieCuller to keep 'em. Any light on that?
James

Post by James »

Anonymous wrote:registered sevral times as vicky_me, vix.sss have lost track of what e-mails i gave durying registration but you can mail me back passwds on whichever mail i gave durying registration :) il check all my accnts

vicky_me is activated now so you should be able to log in.
old SKopischke

Post by old SKopischke »

makondo wrote:I never had login problem either until two days ago that is. A couple of things happen: 1 - around midnight, mozillazine came up blank saying it's upgrading and will be back soon. 2 - installed RC1. Now i have to login almost every time i restart (which is a pain while testing exts.) AND! i get kicked off occasionally too while on line and a forum tab is open, so have to re-log (this happens only with one page - my threads). Cookies allowed and also use CookieCuller to keep 'em. Any light on that?

makondo:

You seem to be having problems with a beta build, not the forum login process. My suggestion is to post your issue in the Firefox Builds forum to see who can help you there.