Stop All tabs from loading?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Alan Baxter

Stop All tabs from loading?

Post by Alan Baxter »

I accidentally clicked a bookmark folder when I meant to just expand it with a single click. All of a sudden I had forty tabs opening at the same time, which overwhelmed my little 600 MHz system. I wanted to stop all of the tabs from loading, but I couldn't see any easy way to do that, aside from closing the browser of course. Stop seems to stop just the focused tab from loading but not the others. I wound up hitting my offline button and then closing the tabs with "Close Right Tabs" from the tab bar context menu. Is there an easier way to do this in Fx? Something like a Stop All button or command?
--
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7
tab_mix_plus-0.2.5.2-fx.xpi
hhh

Post by hhh »

Right click on any tab and choose "Close Other Tabs".
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

hhh wrote:Right click on any tab and choose "Close Other Tabs".

Thank you for your reply. I usually have several tabs open already, and I don't want to close them too. Since I currently use the default of adding new tabs on the right, it looks like "Close Right Tabs" is the best option that I know of so far. Is there no other way to stop all tabs from loading?
hhh

Post by hhh »

Yes, don't right click on a folder and choose "Open in tabs" ;)
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

hhh wrote:Yes, don't right click on a folder and choose "Open in tabs" ;)

LOL. Good idea! I see know that I left out the detail that I had middle-clicked the bookmark folder in my original post. No need to tell me not to accidentally do that either.
hhh

Post by hhh »

I know, I just don't have another solution!