Mass Installer 0.3.1 [discontinued]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
hakeem

the extension doesn't work

Post by hakeem »

I tried to test the extension but it doesn't work on thunderbird 1.0.7.
when I choose the text file it tries to download the extensions listed in the text file but it fails.
hakeem

Post by hakeem »

I have thunderbird 1.0.7 and when I tried to test the extension it didn't work and when it tries to download the extension listed in the text file it fails
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

hakeem wrote:I have thunderbird 1.0.7 and when I tried to test the extension it didn't work and when it tries to download the extension listed in the text file it fails

Make sure that your proxy settings are correct and try again (note that you can receive and send e-mails independently of the proxy settings). If they are set correctly, try to install one single extension from the net (by entering the XPI's URL instead of the text file's one). If MI keeps failing, please post the list of already installed extensions and of all relevant errors from the JavaScript Console.
hakeem

Post by hakeem »

I can send and receive the mails independently but the problem is when it begins to download the extension it alerts an error message "the following components could not be installed due to errors(the file could not be downloaded, was corrupt, or for some other reason)".

the installed extensions:
java script Debugger, dom inspecter, Edit config files.
There is no errors in the javascript consol.

the extension list in the text file:http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/extthunderbird/EditHtml_0.1.1.xpi
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Works for me. Have you checked your proxy settings? Anyway, if you get as far as described, the problem would be rather with Thunderbird than with MI - most probably some misconfiguration.

Just for fun, try installing this URL: http://www.google.com/ (enter it directly - no text files involved). If it's a connection/proxy problem, you'll get a simple "... could not be found." error (otherwise you'll get some more "... could not be installed" errors).

In case you load the text file not from the local computer, please PM me its URL - but I recommend doing the Google-test first.
hakeem

Post by hakeem »

I am working in a big company and it has a private proxy through it I connect to the internet, and I can't do any thing with its configuration.
when I test the google http://www.google.com/ the progress bar began to show characters like HTML characters and after awhile an error message like the previous message appeared .
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Obviously you don't have to configure your company's proxy but the proxy settings of Thunderbird (Tools -> Options -> Connection Settings). However, if you manage to access Google.com in that way, I'm not sure whether these settings are really the problem. It could just as well be that the proxy doesn't allow extensions to pass. What you might test thus is to install MI for Firefox and try to install some extensions there. If that doesn't work, either, it's most certainly a connection problem - and otherwise it's most certainly no MI problem.

In any case, I doubt that this is a MI bug, but unfortunately I've got no idea, where your problem might be. Sorry for that.
hakeem

Post by hakeem »

Thank you very much .
My problem has been solved and you helped very much .
The problem was from the connection settings .
The extension is very excellent .
Thanks very much.

HAKEEM
hakeem

Post by hakeem »

The extension is very nice but there is a problem but I don't know if the problem from the MI .
when I put the links to the extensions and the extensions are found on the web it alert an error meessage like the previous message I told it , but if the links are to extensions found in a local server on my PC it works fine.
and when I didn't use text file and put the links in the text box it works fine .
What is the problem please test it.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

In this case, most probably your text file somehow contains invalid links (or trailing whitespace or unknown line delimiters). If you want, I can have a look at that file of yours - simply PM me its URL.
hakeem

Post by hakeem »

As I told you before when the text file is found on my pc it works fine but when it is found on the web it alerts the error message.
anyway the link to the text file is :
http://www.motqinoon.com/links.txt
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Interesting. On my machine, both extensions linked from the text file install flawlessly - event through a proxy. Which might reduce the problem to an edge case incompatibility between Thunderbird/Gecko and your company's proxy. You might have more luck with the upcoming Thunderbird 1.5 or get more help in one of the Thunderbird forums (resp. if you can reproduce the same behavior with Firefox in the much better frequented Firefox forums).
hakeem

Post by hakeem »

Anyway Thanks very much to you and I hope to continue your job because you gave me a big solution to my problem .

Thanks very much again.
CrazyCoder

Post by CrazyCoder »

Pack 1.0 (1MB)
This util will create .xpi files from all the extensions you have in your profile directory, check readme.txt for details.

.xpi files will have human readable names according to extension name. They can be transferred to another machine and installed, or uploaded to the web server and installed with Mass Installer.

Perl source is inside. Feel free to modify.
santuccibob

Post by santuccibob »

Can someone please show me how to use the command-line option with the -install-global-extension option?

I meant to add ... I used the command below to install from the cl, but I'm not sure how to combine it with -install-global-extension.

firefox.exe -url massinstaller:file:///c:/xpis/mass.txt

thanks
bob
Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle