[Ext] ImageBot

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
JaGx

Post by JaGx »

ImageBot with some syncing features is almost done.
It features the ability for multiple-hosts.
I will be releasing the format for writing your own "host object" shortly.

I haven't written any host objects other than for ImageShack since I'm sort of busy with schoolwork.
If you do write a host object after I release the framework, please include the standard templates for the host.

-JaGx
<>< <>< < >< >< >
<>< <>< <>< < ><
<>< < >< ><> <>< ><>
JaGx

Post by JaGx »

ImageBot 1.8.0 has been released. Please report any bugs you find - and there will probably be a lot since I didn't test it well and I sort of rushed it.
http://pimpsofpain.com/imgbot.xpi
The framework is in hosts.js, or alternatively, view it here: http://pastebin.com/427442
<>< <>< < >< >< >
<>< <>< <>< < ><
<>< < >< ><> <>< ><>
shirishag75

Post by shirishag75 »

cool... thanx will look into it if something is amiss will report it for sure :)
91.4.0esr on GNU/Linux as well as Windows :)
Extensions info. viewtopic.php?t=413910 - needs to be updated
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
JaGx

Post by JaGx »

A few minor fixes for the host stuff have been made in 1.8.1:
A logout call is made when ImageBot is started to ensure that the person doesn't upload as a user.
A new field called XMLHttpRequest_login has been added to the host object so the login procedure can cancel the request if the user chooses to press the X button on the login dialog.

New host object framework: http://pastebin.com/428647

Just an initiative - a lot of people want an "ImageBot" for photobucket.
Anyone who writes a nicely coded host object for PhotoBucket gets a free cookie - and soymilk! :D
<>< <>< < >< >< >
<>< <>< <>< < ><
<>< < >< ><> <>< ><>
Misael.K

Post by Misael.K »

Well, that would be interesting, since the services provided by those two companies aren't the same. Too bad I only learn to program in Visual Basic -_- and I really don't have the time to learn other languages.

The login system works great. I had to search thoroughly for my ID to know what was my "Username", and leaving the field "Password" empty also felt weird =P

I found one bug, not related to the login. As far as I tested it, the login system seems to work ok.
The bug is this: Opening the help before opening Imagebot (Float or Tab) stops Imagebot from showing. This is, if you open the help tab and then try to open the float or tab mode, and the new tab will close in a second. Doesn't happen the other way around, though.

Ah, one tip: Usually I'm very careful with the "delete" button, but a warning message before deleting (from Imageshack directly or from the queue list) would help in those times that one didn't have much sleep and commits awful and silly mistakes.

The extension is progressing very fast! You should be very very proud ;).
JaGx

Post by JaGx »

Misael.K wrote:Well, that would be interesting, since the services provided by those two companies aren't the same. Too bad I only learn to program in Visual Basic -_- and I really don't have the time to learn other languages.

The login system works great. I had to search thoroughly for my ID to know what was my "Username", and leaving the field "Password" empty also felt weird =P

I found one bug, not related to the login. As far as I tested it, the login system seems to work ok.
The bug is this: Opening the help before opening Imagebot (Float or Tab) stops Imagebot from showing. This is, if you open the help tab and then try to open the float or tab mode, and the new tab will close in a second. Doesn't happen the other way around, though.

Ah, one tip: Usually I'm very careful with the "delete" button, but a warning message before deleting (from Imageshack directly or from the queue list) would help in those times that one didn't have much sleep and commits awful and silly mistakes.

The extension is progressing very fast! You should be very very proud ;).

Visual Basic LOL. It's a good language to start learning from though since it's quite "basic".
I will gladly add in an option in the settings menu that will allow you to add a yes/no prompt before deletion.
About the help thing - I can't test it here (I'm at some gay library computer) but I'll test it when I get back at home.
<>< <>< < >< >< >
<>< <>< <>< < ><
<>< < >< ><> <>< ><>
JaGx

Post by JaGx »

Back at home now.
I added the feature per your request in 1.8.2:
http://pimpsofpain.com/imgbot.xpi (no other updates though)
<>< <>< < >< >< >
<>< <>< <>< < ><
<>< < >< ><> <>< ><>
apainttown

Post by apainttown »

JaGx, i have an observation i want to share with you. maybe you can shed some light. i noticed it when i was being a good boyscout(firescout?) and installing on a friend's system Firefox RC2 and extensions. when i installed Imagebot and restarted, i saw this;

i was definately suprised because on my system i have this,

so i went back to the new system and downloaded the ImageBot xpi to a thumbdrive and installed it on my old system. i still retained what the 2nd pic illustrated. my first rev was, i think, 1.5 and have religiously updated from either addons.mozilla.org or this thread.

this also make me rethink what i was experiencing in other forums. i would evangelize Firefox and ImageBot and helping whenever i could. peeps with imagebot would say "i can't do this or i can't do that". so i think to myself "no problem, this feature was added in last update" and i tell them "no problem go update, :)" they come back with same complaint and i think to myself " this forums really ought to set minimum age requirement and i say sorry i couldn't help.

if this is happening to others they also my not have the most recent(glorious) feature sets.
Lanik

Post by Lanik »

apainttown

Post by apainttown »

thx
JaGx

Post by JaGx »

apainttown wrote:thx

Yeh - sorry about that. It's better this way though so people's preferences don't get erased when they install a newer version of the bot. Next time, Ill notify everyone if anything needs to be reset to have the newest abilities.
<>< <>< < >< >< >
<>< <>< <>< < ><
<>< < >< ><> <>< ><>
Misael.K

Post by Misael.K »

New version :D:D!
Image Bot v1.8.3
http://pimpsofpain.com/imgbot.xpi

The help bug is fixed, though something strange happen this time... I tested and it happen every time: if the first thing you do is open the help and then, while the help page is being loaded, try to open imagebot, if it's configured to login automatically, imagebot will try to login forever without succeeding, and the help page will not load at all.

This might be confusing... so I'm going to enumerate the steps to reproduce this bug:

1) Set Imagebot to login automatically
2) If the help page has been already opened, restart Firefox
3) Open the help page and then quickly click on the Imagebot button

JaGx wrote:It's better this way though so people's preferences don't get erased when they install a newer version of the bot. Next time, Ill notify everyone if anything needs to be reset to have the newest abilities.

I think that's for the best. The ideal, though, would be to ask the user if he wants to keep, replace, update or add the new templates everytime the extension is updated, at least until a "final version" is released.

Some other thing I've been thinking...
What if the user could select a username from a list? For instance, I have two accounts in ImageShack, and another one in Photobucket. It's really annoying to keep the user ID in a txt file, or check the register mail that ImageShack sends whenever a new account is registered. My idea is that one could enter a word or a number, that gets translated as the Imageshack ID number. This way the ID is only entered one time.
Besides, if Photobucket compatibility is added in some version someday, this replace thing could be very useful.

One last thing... the "username" field is too short to enter ImageShack ID number. Could you make it a little bit wider? (remember, font is not monospaced, so trying with wide letters is a good idea)

Sorry for the long post, and for being so pretentious! >___<

Thanks for everything! :)

PD: I tried to test the "delete" function, but right now ImageShack is making some maintenance :(.

EDIT (20Nov): Delete function works perfectly ^__^
shirishag75

Post by shirishag75 »

Hi this may be a noOb question but how I do I login to Imageshack automatically using Imagebot, FF password manager does have my password so is there a way it does this automatically or still in works. I looked at u'r homepage but it says nothing about that hence asking the question.
91.4.0esr on GNU/Linux as well as Windows :)
Extensions info. viewtopic.php?t=413910 - needs to be updated
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
apainttown

Post by apainttown »

shirishag75 wrote:how I do I login to Imageshack automatically using Imagebot

1) goto ImageShack and log in and goto My Images

2) just above the browse box you will see "FTP Info; Address: imageshack.us, UserID: xxxxxxxxxxx

3) copy the xxxxxxxxxxxx

4) open ImageBot and goto Settings/Functionality

5) paste xxxxxxxx into password, fill in username

6) check box Login Automaticaly

7) close and restart ImageBot (closing out of habit, not sure it's neccessary)
JaGx

Post by JaGx »

Misael.
There is no bug with the login forever thing - it's ImageShack being very laggy.
If you want to stop the login - you can press the X button on the login dialog.

About having a list of usernames / not a bad idea. I'll look into it.
<>< <>< < >< >< >
<>< <>< <>< < ><
<>< < >< ><> <>< ><>