The Official Win32 20051118 [Branch] build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

Don't use Adblock with Firefox 1.5 , use Adblock Plus

The Official Win32 ..... builds are out , RSS feed.
IRC channels: #firefox || #spreadfirefox || #bugs

Firefox 1.5rc3 is out.(use incremental update from 1.5rc2)
(people with the latest builds have the same features as rc3)

Most recent official release: Firefox 1.0.7||20051117 Branch
Most recent roadmap release: Firefox 1.5 RC3. (Release Notes) (What's new?)
Hourly Branch builds: PROMETHEUS (Lin) || ATLANTIA (Mac) || PACIFICA (Win) || Branch Tinderbox || Bonsai

Last update: 2005-11-18 -- 04:20 PST = 12:20 UTC (all checkins since the latest nightly included)

Resolved Fixed:
    None

Partial Landings/WIPs/Incoming:
  1. #316674[Core:Build Config]-compare-locales should support reasonable numbers of ordered search [All]
  2. #302937[Core:Disability Access APIs]-Expose "click" action on text and image leaves of element containing onclick [Win]
  3. #304376[Core:JavaScript Engine]-Setting String = Array changes strings to have Array's prototype [All]
  4. #305628[Core:JavaScript Engine]-Additional improvements to jsfile.c [Lin]

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:
Make sure you vote for bugs that you suffer from. Do NOT vote for bugs you don't see on your system.
  1. #64401[Core:ImageLib]-Extremely slow performance with png background [All]
  2. #104532[Core:Tabbed Browser]-Status bar ticker fails to update when tabs switched. [All]
  3. #174734[Firefox:Bookmarks]-IE bookmarks with names made of characters not covered by the system default codepage do not show up in bookmarks (e.g. Russian/Japanese/Chinese on English/French Windows) [Win]
  4. #242134[Core:Printing]-print page setup headers and footers are not remembered [All]
  5. #252371[Firefox:Find Toolbar / FastFind]-incremental find/search in page does not find/highlight text in textarea/form/text entry boxes [All]
  6. #253076[Core:Event Handling]-[FIX] clicking somewhere in the page does not remove selection [All]
  7. #258543[Firefox:Password Manager]-Disabling form autocomplete prevents selecting from multiple saved logins [All]
  8. #265915[Firefox:Find Toolbar / FastFind]-typeahead pref. & "repeated character find" issues [Win]
  9. #266910[Firefox:Location Bar and Autocomplete]-Navigating location bar history w/ keyboard drops www/ftp prefix from displayed address [All]
  10. #269840[Core:Layout: Block and Inline]-lines appear when scrolling <hr> offscreen and then back on [All]
  11. #271498[Core:XP Toolkit/Widgets: Menus]-Context menu appears top left of page when using keyboard [Win]
  12. #283697[Firefox:Preferences]-Options panels are cropped [All]
  13. #307358[Firefox:Extension/Theme Manager]-Missing notification after auto-check finds updates to Extensions [All]
  14. #314755[Firefox:General]-confirmation dialog for clearing private data (sanitize) appears when firefox starts [Mac]
  15. #315509[Core:JavaScript Engine]-Crash: array_unshift doesn't handle holes properly [@ js_DeleteProperty] [All] [Win]

To copy your useragent+buildtime to clipboard, use the Nightly Tester Tools extension. (from extensionsmirror)
Get the Update Channel Selector extension to update nightly builds. (from extensionsmirror)
Get more out of the Javascript Console, see this page for Console².
If you're a daily tester then backup the valuable data in your profile!
Windows Classic theme: #303806[Firefox:General]-Wallpaper patch for better appearance on Windows XP / Luna [Win] has changed the default theme to fit the Windows XP Luna theme. If you prefer Windows-Classic, make the changes shown on this page or use the extension from this page.

Planned Milestones: 1.5RC3(Nov.18?) , 1.5Final (Nov.)
Fixed bugs since Firefox 1.0 20041109 = ~3778
Bugs requested for blocking Gecko 1.8.1 = 45
Bugs confirmed for blocking Gecko 1.8.1 = https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&resolution=FIXED&resolution=---&chfieldto=Now&field0-0-0=flagtypes.name&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=blocking1.8.1%2B&field0-1-0=keywords&type0-1-0=nowords&value0-1-0=fixed1.8+verified1.8&field0-2-0=component&type0-2-0=notsubstring&value0-2-0=mail&field0-3-0=product&type0-3-0=nowords&value0-3-0=Camino+Thunderbird+&field0-4-0=product&type0-4-0=notsubstring&value0-4-0=Mozilla+Application+Suite
Bugs requested for blocking Firefox 2.0 = 97
Bugs confirmed for blocking Firefox 2.0 = 17
Do you need a Gmail account ? Send me a private mail with name and valid email adress (plenty left)
Last edited by Peter(6) on November 18th, 2005, 6:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
Uncle Spellbinder

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

Notified, Restarted, Smooth as silk.
My Firefox Add-Ons Collection: Firefox Essentials
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

Fresh install of 1.5 RC2. Anybody getting these, WFM/confirm?

• Left side cut in half, text pushed to the left to the point where it's unreadable:
http://www.myspace.com/placebo5
I'm assuming this could be the site's fault [bad code] though I'm not sure...

Also, is anyone getting the forced option of having to save the .exe instead just being able to open it:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone.html

Click the "Free Download Now" button; obviously uncheck the e-mail subscriptions boxes or you will be prompted to enter a e-mail.

Stop the page from loading to avoid the automatic download, *that is if you are even prompted. Choose the manual download - Your download will start automatically. If it does not start "click here" link and wala.
*I think this is a bug also, b/c it never prompted me to auto d/l so whether it's the page's or FF's fault remains to be determined.

B/c I know we fixed this unless it regressed. Peter I think #299042 [Firefox]-"Ask me where to save every file" preference is not honored [Win] is back [Made sure to set Always ask me where to save file; although I didn't restart FF to see if it changed effect though I believe I shouldn't have to restart in the 1st place]. Or even worse, #255855 [Firefox]-[trunk] The dialog that opens when clicking a link to an .exe file has no radio button selected by default. This leads to a useless download! [Win]. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Noooooooooooooo! :crazyeyes:
Btw, do you know how long it took me to find that bug?!! I had to backtrack all the way to the 20041206 [Trunk] build thread! WOOF!

Change Popup blocking settings icon not defocusing:
After you click the popup blocking icon to make a setting, clicking off the menu on the page or statusbar or what have you should snap you out of the menu. Yet it just keeps you locked in the menu until you make a choice or click the popup block icon itself.

I think this could be dependant on #253076 [Core:Event Handling]-[FIX] clicking somewhere in the page does not remove selection [All], number 6 in the list. I know what the descript says but it still could be dep as the select & move option has been found to be rendered inoperable by this.

Focus of tab title element stays stuck [multi tabs included]/breaks Double-click closing of tab:
I was just messing around and clicked on the tab title of a tab in focus, and it brought up that drag pixelation like you get when selecting more than one icon on a desktop by holding & dragging the mouse to encompass the items w/ the ?. Forgive me, forgot proper term. It's been a while.

And, it stays stuck and clicking on any multiple tabs will focus their title on 1st try. Clicking once more on the title would be nice to rid the focus/selection but no go. Double-click, rapid subsequent clicks also won't do it nor will it close the tab like it should by default. Thus breaking double-click close. The only way and I mean the ONLY way to shed the focus is to click in the view pane [where we view webpages]. Not that serious, but annoying nonetheless.

Ask me before clearing private data pref greyed out...:
Never gives you a chance! Don't tell me this is by design - "For the safety of the user". Please! They're competent enough to check/uncheck a checkbox as well as decide if they want to be prompted.

Context menu scroll arrows presented when not needed; can't justify when it's necessary:
http://h1.ripway.com/oldtima/firefoxscroll.JPG
http://h1.ripway.com/oldtima/firefoxscroll2.JPG
http://h1.ripway.com/oldtima/firefoxscroll3.JPG
Last edited by oldtimer on November 17th, 2005, 3:03 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Current: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2pre) Gecko/2007112000 Minefield/3.0b2pre
For kicks: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060728 Firefox/1.5.0.6
rschultz2002

Post by rschultz2002 »

Found this posted in 2 places of the Firefox Build Forums.
sunnytexas wrote:I found posted on the forums a message that there was a Mozilla Firefox 1.5 RC3 build with a link to it!! So I went to the link in Mozilla and sure enough found that there was a Mozilla Firefox 1.5 RC3 directory there. I than downloaded the file and installed what I thought was Mozilla Firefox 1.5 RC3!! What I found out about this version of Mozilla Firefox 1.5 made me angry!! It was Mozilla Firefox 1.5 Beta 2!!. How could Mozilla allow this to happen?? Who controls the FTP site?? I had to laugh later when Mozilla Firefox 1.5 Beta 2 start page took me to Mozilla Firefox 1.5 RC2 home page. I completely uninstalled the beta version of Mozilla Firefox 1.5. Folks need to be careful when downloading Mozilla Firefox 1.x from the FTP Site!!
I do test the beta versions listed as: Beta or nightly builds. RC's I consider being close to to final product!! Anyway, Maybe someone can explain this situation to me!!
You know stuff like this would not go on if people would not post false info about RC3. Mozilla Quality is the site you should be watching. Not some FTP site.
jegerpenge

Post by jegerpenge »

Well, if he downloaded the nightly build that was the RC3 candidate, he could have been redirected to the 1.5b2 page upon his first opening. That was what happened to me a few times last week with a few nightly builds. I was going to ask about it, but just assumed that everything was fine because the version numbers matched up to what I had wanted to download.
You have the right to free speech as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it.
hambot

Post by hambot »

Lookee what I found --- .mar files for RC3

ftp://ftp-test.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla. ... c3/update/
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

from yesterday:
snapbrowse wrote:crash on shutdown
TB11948901G
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051116 Firefox/1.5 ID:2005111604

#232460[Core:XP Toolkit/Widgets]-Crash [@ nsCOMPtr_base::~nsCOMPtr_base()] from nsPopupBoxObject::ShowPopup [Win]
or
#259688[Firefox:Extension/Theme Manager]-FF10 Crash installing themes and extensions [@ nsCOMPtr_base::~nsCOMPtr_base] [Win]
?
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
The Ex Omega

Post by The Ex Omega »

Lately, I've been getting a "Unresponsive Script" dialog box for some sites that use Javascript.

How do I turn it off because its driving me CRAZY.
MvD

Post by MvD »

Just got an update to 1.5 from RC2. I am guessing 1.5 is out....

Since the build ID says its a november 11th build, I am guessing there will be no RC3.
If God is the answer, it must have been a very stupid question. - Someone on the net
CPU-Z Info|Firefox Info
prandal

Post by prandal »

Omega X wrote:Lately, I've been getting a "Unresponsive Script" dialog box for some sites that use Javascript.

Hey, they've gotta replace those annoying popups with something! I get this one quite often in Sage these days, and as you say, very, very annoying.
Jingle

Post by Jingle »

MvD wrote:Just got an update to 1.5 from RC2. I am guessing 1.5 is out....

Since the build ID says its a november 11th build, I am guessing there will be no RC3.

Nope. RC3 is out.
ftp://ftp-test.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla. ... in32/en-US
jtmal0723

Post by jtmal0723 »

MvD wrote:Just got an update to 1.5 from RC2. I am guessing 1.5 is out....

No, it's rc3... trust me...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5 ID:2005111116

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/rc3.html
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

prandal wrote:
Omega X wrote:Lately, I've been getting a "Unresponsive Script" dialog box for some sites that use Javascript.

Hey, they've gotta replace those annoying popups with something! I get this one quite often in Sage these days, and as you say, very, very annoying.

Open about:config and toggle javascript.options.strict OFF.

Now, if only somebody would help me...
Current: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2pre) Gecko/2007112000 Minefield/3.0b2pre
For kicks: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060728 Firefox/1.5.0.6
TheOldMan

Post by TheOldMan »

oldtimer wrote:Now, if only somebody would help me...

Wha'da'ya need?
flummox

Post by flummox »

Please take a look at bug #316779

It appeared sometime between 1.5b1 & 1.5b2
If someone can post a link to the nightlies between these releases I will try to narrow it down further.