firefox will not let go of outlook express

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
cyberrat

firefox will not let go of outlook express

Post by cyberrat »

i have tried to rest ie as default browser just long enough to do a survey
firefox still opens emails i even went as far as uninstalling fire fox and then out look says it cant find the program firefox

hoe can i switch back and forth between the 2
i have tried checking the box in tools on ie to reset it as default but still firefox opens emails

im running windows 98 se and have outlook express 6

Post by Guest »

I'm a little confused...
Do you mean that OE tries to open links contained in emails in Firefox instead of IE?

Often in Win98 you need to reboot for some settings to take effect-- have you done that?

Ultimately, do you want firefox as your default browser? If so, you can use an extension that may make it easier for you to occasionally view pages in IE. But let us know what you're goal is so we can tell you how to get there.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

I'm confused too.

Outlook = Mail client, calendar
Outlook Express = Mail client

Firefox = Web browser, not an email client like Outlook or Outlook Express
IE = Internet explorer = web browser

Please clarify what it is you are requesting so people can provide some help.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
old FatJohn

Re: firefox will not let go of outlook express

Post by old FatJohn »

Why would you need to make IE default to do some survey? Uninstalling software has nothing to do with default browser setting.
4BoltMain

Re: firefox will not let go of outlook express

Post by 4BoltMain »

cyberrat wrote:i have tried to rest ie as default browser just long enough to do a survey

Try using the <A HREF="https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=35&application=firefox">IE View </A>extension. It will allow you to view certain web pages in IE without having to change your browser settings.

cyberrat wrote:firefox still opens emails i even went as far as uninstalling fire fox and then out look says it cant find the program firefox

IE View can help with this also. Firefox can be left as your default browser for opening links in email while you have the option to view the page in IE if you wish.

Hopefully I interpreted your question correctly.
Last edited by 4BoltMain on November 21st, 2005, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The more precisely the position is determined,
the less precisely the momentum is known" WH

Post by Guest »

I'm just guessing that for some reason the survey required IE.
Then I think the OP just got confused a bit when trying to find a way to open the link in IE and things snowballed. It can happen. Part of the problem is involving the registry changes needed. Then with Win98, chances are you need to reboot to get the system info updated.