How can you make the tabs in firefox wrap around Opera style

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
patch6

How can you make the tabs in firefox wrap around Opera style

Post by patch6 »

I am hunting around and reading the descriptions of various tab extensions to no avail, how can this be done?
patch6

Post by patch6 »

Having the selector wrap around to the beginning, not having bulk tabs wrap around to a second line of tabs.
old np

Post by old np »

Post by Guest »

The help is appreciated, I installed that module but it doesn't do what I was hoping it would. I'll try to explain it better.

Say with tabs 1 2 3 4 (5), the fifth is selected, I issue the "Next Tab" command, how can the selector wrap around to the first tab instead of not moving?
patch6

Post by patch6 »

anyone please
Lee_Dailey
Location: milky way galaxy, sol system, terra, north america, usa, tx, bedford

Post by Lee_Dailey »

howdy patch6,

i feel kinda silly, but what _is_ the "next tab" command?

take care,
lee
azmar

Post by azmar »

Are you using the keyboard shortcut ctrl+tab to switch tabs? That works as you want it to (i.e. when the last tab in the row is selected, hitting ctrl+tab switches focus to the first tab in the row). Do you have any extensions that may be modifying this behaviour?
patch6

Post by patch6 »

Yes I do actually, thanks for pointing that out. I had installed keyconfig which doesn't fully mimic the original function, apparently.

The actual command to switch tabs is gBrowser.mTabContainer.advanceSelectedTab(1) for forward 1 and gBrowser.mTabContainer.advanceSelectedTab(-1) for back 1.