Gray area above taskbar

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Espresso

Gray area above taskbar

Post by Espresso »

Please forgive my ignorance on not knowing what the specific areas are called on the browser.

I just installed the 1.5, because it would not let me add the new search engines with the 1.0.
I Dl'ed it & it opened & installed corectly, everything works great, all the search engines I added work fine now, ect..
The only problem I am having is a gray area( I am using the BlackJapan theme) above the task bar menu & below the little bar on the bottom that says when you are connecting to a website or "done"( when the site is loaded) & has the Fasterfox page loader deal on the other side. On my 17" flat the space is about 1.25" & on the far left has a little ^ in RED about in the middle.
Is there any way to get rid of this? I cannot do the click & drag deal to move it( like you can click & drag the edge to make it bigger or smaller).
I have tried the other themes installed (Default & Noia 2.0) & have the same result.

I couldn't really do a search, because I have no idea what to type in as a problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Post by Guest »

I Have exactly same issue but now found A. Anyway to get rid of it or B. WTF its for /does?
TheAnywhereMan

Post by TheAnywhereMan »

I am experiencing the same problem with the default theme. Image

I've looked around, but I can't find any answers either.
Espresso

Post by Espresso »

EXACTLY!!!

Post by Guest »

Try disabling your extensions, one at a time. Other folks have said this works in 1.5. If it works after disabling them, you may need to wait for a newer version.

I didn't have a problem with 1.5, but I did have problems upgrading from 1.0.something to 1.0.something. Forecast Fox did me in that time.
Boogerhead

Post by Boogerhead »

Try disabling your extensions, one at a time. Other folks have said this works in 1.5. If it works after disabling them, you may need to wait for a newer version.

I didn't have a problem with 1.5, but I did have problems upgrading from 1.0.something to 1.0.something. Forecast Fox did me in that time.

Post by Guest »

*Woohoo!*
That fixed it.
Thanks for the help!

Linky v2.7.1 was the extension causing the problems for me.
TheAnywhereMan

Post by TheAnywhereMan »

*Woohoo!*
That fixed it.
Thanks for the help!

Linky v2.7.1 was the extension causing the problems for me.
Espresso

Post by Espresso »

I uninstalled all the extentions( could not find a disable, only uninstall)& restarted the browser. It is still there but atleast I can see the loading progress bar.
hhh

Post by hhh »

teoli2003

Post by teoli2003 »

Try to uninstall your theme too. As you can see there is a red circumflex to the left. This is usually the sign that *something* raised an error while displaying.
Emmadw

Post by Emmadw »

I had the same problem with Google bar - the one from Google (can't get the Mozilla one to install, it says I've got the wrong version of Firefox). Just uninstalling the extension didn't work - I ended up uninstalling the lot & deleting my profile & starting over.
justincwatt

Post by justincwatt »

Wow, this is serious badness. I've got this problem after attempting a clean slate install of Firefox 1.5.

See a similar screenshot here:
http://justinsomnia.org/2005/12/whats-s ... irefox-15/

I deleted my Mozilla profile directory, I uninstalled Firefox, I restarted Windows. What else do I have to do? I just feel like Firefox 1.5 shouldn't have shipped with an issue like this.

Post by Guest »

My parents have developed this problem with 1.5.0.1, no extensions, default theme. I have tried switching themes, running Hijackthis and have done three reinstalls. Unfortunately I am forced to put them back on IE for now.
trolly

Post by trolly »

Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.