Scrolling Help Please!!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Linxekim

Scrolling Help Please!!

Post by Linxekim »

Why is the scroll so slow on Firefox compared to internet explore? I need it alot faster.... it bugs me =\ can someone help me make it faster ?
Lee_Dailey
Location: milky way galaxy, sol system, terra, north america, usa, tx, bedford

Post by Lee_Dailey »

howdy Linxekim,

double posting - three minutes after your first one no less! - is rude crude and not at all appreciated.

-Posted: Dec Mon 5th 2005 10:13pm
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=351017

- Posted: Dec Mon 5th 2005 10:10pm
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=351016

take care,
lee

Post by Guest »

im sorry im just desperte for help :(

Post by Guest »

someone help me pleaseee
Tad Ghostal

Post by Tad Ghostal »

The scroll shouldn't be too slow, but some people report slow scrolling with smooth scroll turned on. Go to Tools -> Options -> Advanced and uncheck 'Use smooth scrolling'.
P.S. Be more patient.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20061201 Firefox/2.0.0.6 (Ubuntu-feisty)
When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people just stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*'.
-- Linus Torvalds
Lee_Dailey

Post by Lee_Dailey »

howdy rude person that calls itself Linxekim,

- Posted: Dec Mon 5th 2005 10:35pm
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=351023

please choose fom the following ...
- learn to be polite - almost no one here is getting paid for this - and wait for folks to answer

- learn to be polite - almost no one here is getting paid for this - wait for a REASONABLE amount of time - certainly more than the time from 10.10 to 10.13 to 10.35 - and then BUMP [post a note in an exiting thread to "bump" it up the list of active threads] your ONE THREAD

- go far, far away and don't come back until you DO learn to be polite.

you are "desperte for help" for your competition on the neopets site? desperate? for help with speed on the N_E_O_P_E_T_S site? i am flabberghasted! perhaps mental health counselling is what you really need ...

take care,
lee
Tad Ghostal

Post by Tad Ghostal »

Lee_Dailey wrote:almost no one here is getting paid for this

Somebody's getting paid for this?!
P.S. Lee_Dailey. You need to realize that some kids these days have no sense of patience. They'll grow out of it when they turn older.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20061201 Firefox/2.0.0.6 (Ubuntu-feisty)
When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people just stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*'.
-- Linus Torvalds
Lee_Dailey

Post by Lee_Dailey »

howdy sumguy231,

[*grin*] yeah, i know ... but he had ALREADY had it pointed out ot him that he was behaving poorly. [*sigh ...*] the first and even 2nd msg was not a problem for me. the 3rd one tho ... arggggggggggg!

i will TRY diligently to be good. well, to be less bad, ok? [*grin*]

actually i think SOME of the folks here are being paid to do this. at least i have a vague recollection of a note about it somewhen or other. [*grin*] my memory aint what it used to be.

"lee bee gee zer!"

perhaps this is a hint ...

http://www.mozillazine.org/
- Mozilla Firefox 1.5 Released
"
More details can be found in the 1.5 Release Notes, and the support forums staff is available for questions.
"

the phrase "support fourms staff" ... that's an interesting thing to say if no one is on staff for support ... or maybe they are referring to the paid support that is offered. nope - the link goes to the mozillazine firefox support fourms.

take care,
lee