FF 1.5 will not full load PHP homepages

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
golowenow

FF 1.5 will not full load PHP homepages

Post by golowenow »

I run dual websites with abyss webserver. Have been running FF 1.07 for several months and can go directly to both homepages and load them perfectly. Today I downloaded and clean installed the new FF 1.5. To my dismay I go to either homepage and they only partially load. Only the top Flash files show and the H1 title. The rest of the page will not load. Have tried EVERY option to no avail to correct this. Running NO extensions. Ran with firewall and all anti software off. Java and the likes are ALL enabled and AD blocking and whatever else is turned off.
Go deeper into my site to the sales pages and they load perfectly. THEY are HTML pages. There is DEFINITELY an issue going on with the new version. My web sites are both W3C approved for XHTML & CSS. Have had NO problems displaying until this new update.
Am uninstalling 1.5 and reinstalling 1.07 until a fix is done for this issue. Oh also did the little picture test on the test thread here. ALL 5 worked perfectly so the issue is not there. It is with PHP PAGES hint hint. I saw a lot of posts about ebay, several banking sites ect;. Believe you will find most are running PHP pages. FIREFOX needs to test their upgrades more before releasing to the public. My sites are:
http://golowesstamps.com
and
http://wildercraft.com
Thanks for the input and good luck!
John
Unarmed

Post by Unarmed »

Both sites are unreachable for me in any browser.
stylo~

Post by stylo~ »

Maybe, but why would FF care what server-side language you use? It just sees the html that the php puts out.

Your pages show everything but never finish loading images for me.

>>before releasing to the public
-on a personal note, I humbly suggest you redesign your websites, especially that 2nd one :-)
"...doing justice only where we praise,
because we are the branch, the iron blade,
and sweet danger, ripening from within."
golowenow

Post by golowenow »

Apparently the browser does work after refreshing it mass times. FF needs work. After trying it in 1.07 and now reinstalling 1.5 I see that FF is just slow period. IE Blasts it right open.

Unarmed I was rebooting several times and you probably tried to get to it when the server was down. My server runs on Comcast at the deluxe speed so you should not "normally" have a problem reaching the sites.

Stylo...the little flash movie has a constant image change so it will not stop loading images for quite a while unless you sit and watch the little show...hehe. there are about 40-50 images in THAT little flash file.

Thanks for the input all. I use FF to try to make my site compatible with ALL browsers but I prefer IE over it because of problems such as these.
golowenow

Post by golowenow »

P.S. I rank #1 on ALL search engines. You just hafta be into what the site is about to get it.
stylo~

Post by stylo~ »

>>FF is just slow period. IE Blasts it right open

Opens right away for me, just never finishes loading something.
popster

Post by popster »

works fine for me, and quickly.
IE is NEVER as fast as Firefox. much less faster than.
you probably have other problems with your computer system.
the second site doesn't stop trying to load.
usually that occurs when you are referencing images that don't exist
or you have tables that are not completely formatted correctly.
(missing td's, tr's etc. -- IE is VERY forgiving about 'bad coding')
SomeoneOrOther

Post by SomeoneOrOther »

golowenow: maybe you've got a corrupt Firefox profile, as a result of installing v1.5. Try creating a new one. Both your sites open in a snap for me and I'm using the just released 1.5 version.

BTW, I like the midi on your second web site! :)

SH
golowenow

Post by golowenow »

"works fine for me, and quickly.
IE is NEVER as fast as Firefox. much less faster than."

IE has ALWAYS run faster than FF. FF loads images MUCH slower. I run pages with 200 thumbnail images on them. FF takes twice as long to load them all in a fresh load state.

"you probably have other problems with your computer system."

I run Dell system and have NO problems.

"the second site doesn't stop trying to load.
usually that occurs when you are referencing images that don't exist
or you have tables that are not completely formatted correctly.
(missing td's, tr's etc. -- IE is VERY forgiving about 'bad coding')"

You are beginning to sound like one of those FF fanatics. If it is having a problem with "loading" then YOUR PC may have problems. The MP3 file in the SWF file on the second site is 2+ megs. Your settings probably are not set correctly for such things. As for referencing images that don't exist...the site as was posted earlier....W3C compliant DUDE. Read the SOURCE before making judgements.

Thank you SomeoneOrOther. I will check into the profile thing. Your post backs me up on the status of my sites as per my "comments". The site IS a heavy duty site as it uses FLASH and JAVA ect; ect;. Have played with coding since the beginning(1979).

John
stylo~

Post by stylo~ »

He's trying to help you.

Some loaded after a massive delay on one site. Not these on another, I gave up:

phenom.gif

phend.gif
golowenow

Post by golowenow »

I have been watching the forums grow and grow. The PHP issue is DEFINITLY being complained about by MANY users. Websites are NOT opening properly ect; ect; The 2 GIF files referred to are in same format as everything else. Delays are probably your own internet connection and/or the browser itself. The new 1.5 has got issues and it is time to fess up to it and resolve them. MANY are complaining about slow image file downloads on and on. Like I said...I run the server on state of the art Dell PC with comcast high speed connection WITH UPGRADED speed. THE fastest connection a home user can get. Since I see others get the site no problem and absolutely EVERYONE I know(family ect;) get it with IE with NO problems...using LOGICAL deductions....FF 1.5 is the problem. Now...let's see some updates! :banana:
golowenow

FF changing HTML code?

Post by golowenow »

[Stop cross posting. Code went to link below. -RAF]

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 28#1943128
trolly

Post by trolly »

Maybe because the language attribute is non standard and FF stops the script tag parsing here.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
golowenow

Post by golowenow »

have removed the language attribute which I had added just today to try to make it work. Still having same effect with or without the language attribute. Thank you for input
trolly

Post by trolly »

At me it looks fine. See other thread.
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 28#1943128
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.