Unresponsive Script Warning

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
sjamike

Unresponsive Script Warning

Post by sjamike »

Every time I start Firefox since downloading 1.5 I get an unresponsive script warning. After I click continue my home page loads fine as does anything after that. It's only on startup. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
Unresponsive

Post by Unresponsive »

I don't get this warning on startup, however I get it whenever any page from Slashdot or Something Awful has finished loading (as well as many other sites, but these are the ones I remember, as I frequent these sites). Any ideas?
jmcd02

Post by jmcd02 »

Unresponsive wrote:I don't get this warning on startup, however I get it whenever any page from Slashdot or Something Awful has finished loading (as well as many other sites, but these are the ones I remember, as I frequent these sites). Any ideas?

Open url [about:config]. Filter for the term "dom.max_script_run_time"

If it exists, increase the value to 20. If it does'nt exist, right click anywhere and choose - new>integer and add the above w/o the quotes. See if that helps. Worked wonders for me on ESPN.com and my Credit Union secure site.
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Build ID: 20110318052756
Unresponsive

Post by Unresponsive »

Works perfectly, thanks :)
sjamike

Post by sjamike »

worked perfectly for me to, thanks much.
theshadowofgold

Post by theshadowofgold »

Read this if you experience the script problem and have Adblock Plus installed
This is how I was able to get rid of the error message:

[1] Go into your Adblock Plus preferences (Tools / Adblock Plus / Preferences)
[2] Deselect "Check DIV Elements" from Adblock Options.
[3] Click "Done." Effective immediately, the scripting issue will terminate.

Changing the integer value, described three posts up, for the dom. script will, similar to an air freshener, only hide the problem.
eilu1183

Post by eilu1183 »

my Adblock Plus has "Check DIV Elements" unchecked, but I still get it... usually when browsing forums/ forum-type sites... I get it when viewing tribes in Tribe.net and when opening DeviantArt forums (but not in MozillaZine forums!)
theshadowofgold

Post by theshadowofgold »

Then disable each extension until the problem goes away so you know which one caused the problems, then troubleshoot the options for that extension.

Post by Guest »

I did that URL thing and it still comes up when i use my fantasy football liveupdater any suggestions?
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

Anonymous wrote:I did that URL thing and it still comes up when i use my fantasy football liveupdater any suggestions?

Does "live" mean continuously, forever? I'm not sure Javascript was intended to be used that way. You could mention the problem to the webmaster of the site and see what they think about changing the script. For example, a script can schedule itself to run again at a future time. This is done with the window.setTimeout() function.

Post by Guest »

When I made the about:config change to get Yahoo's Toolbar to run, I had to close FF and then reopen FF
scragz

Post by scragz »

theshadowofgold wrote:Read this if you experience the script problem and have Adblock Plus installed
This is how I was able to get rid of the error message:

[1] Go into your Adblock Plus preferences (Tools / Adblock Plus / Preferences)
[2] Deselect "Check DIV Elements" from Adblock Options.
[3] Click "Done." Effective immediately, the scripting issue will terminate.

Changing the integer value, described three posts up, for the dom. script will, similar to an air freshener, only hide the problem.

This has been bugging me for a while and I finally decided to figure out what was causing it. Thanks for the solution!
GadgetsGuy

Post by GadgetsGuy »

I don't have an AdblockPlus in my tools menu ...

Post by Guest »

Adblock Plus does not give me the "Check DIV Elements" option. I am using Adblock Plus version 0.7 & Firefox version 1.5.0.3
schapel

Post by schapel »

The Google Toolbar extension can also cause this problem.

For more information, you can read <a href="http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unresponsive_Script_Warning">Unresponsive Script Warning</a>.
Last edited by schapel on July 26th, 2007, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.