SpellBound Development version

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
appoloin

Post by appoloin »

Norvin wrote: It still amazes me they are not included with the default release version of Mozilla Firefox.

In the product plan for Ff2/3 there's inline spell checker mentioned
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Most of the time, but not all the time (doesn't seem to be any pattern to it at all [the bug seems to reappear and reappear without me even touching anything sometimes]), if in a multi-line text box, and there are flagged words in the current line, if I hit Enter to move down to the next line, the line I was on before will lose all its flags. Also, if I move back and forth between lines which are actually separated by end-lines via the arrow keys, it will about 3 out of 5 times do the same thing, only flagging words in the line I am on at the time, and the other times it will not remove the flags on the old line. So, if I hit up and down enough times in a row, I can get all kinds of crazy combinations of flagged and not flagged lines. And sometimes for no apparent reason all lines will stay flagged no matter what I do (what should be happening all the time).
Here are the only non-default prefs for SpellBound I have, ones pulled from prefs.js.

Code: Select all

user_pref("extensions.spellbound.firstRun", false);
user_pref("extensions.spellbound.myspell.lastModifiedTime", 1133885442);

Getting no errors in console.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
appoloin

Post by appoloin »

Would it be possible to change the single left click to double left click
Norvin

Post by Norvin »

Norvin wrote:With each new version of Mozilla Firefox, I create a CUSTOM version which has several extensions added to it. It still amazes me they are not included with the default release version of Mozilla Firefox. One of those extensions is Spellbound. I will upload my CUSTOM version later tonight to my website and post the link to it here. Anyway, to get Spellbound working with Mozilla Firefox 1.5 (assuming it has never been installed to your Firefox before)...

1) Download and install Spellbound 0.7.3 from Robert's website at http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/download then close and reopen Firefox.

2) Download and install the dictionary of your choice such as "spell-en-US.xpi" from http://dictionaries.mozdev.org/installation.html then close and reopen Firefox.

3) Download and install "Windows Mozilla spell check libraries from the Thunderbird 1.0+ 20050727 nightly build" also from Robert's website. Close and reopen Firefox.

It should work just fine now.

<del>http://tinyurl.com/bwk59</del>
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

appoloin wrote:Would it be possible to change the single left click to double left click

I have to agree. It should be configurable as I would like to use middle click instead.
dknelson

Post by dknelson »

Today I noticed that the old version of Spellbound was not working. I removed it and installed this one and it's working great. Thanks.

Don
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

GCG wrote:Hi Robert-
This is a very nice enhancement! Works well on my Mac. One slight problem, I can't close your Extension's Pref panel w/o restarting FFX. There's no visible <DONE>, <OK> or <CLOSE> button on the Mac version's Pref Panel. Otherwise it's a very useful addition to FFX. Thanks

Found I was able to close it with "Command + W" on my mac
FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

I read this whole thread to avoid double posting, sorry if this is a duplicate.

In the previous version of spellbound, I could spell check in the googlebar lite text box. I still can but it comes back with no misspelled words even when I intentionally add some.

This is absolutely a quantum leap from the last version.
appoloin

Post by appoloin »

I've just had a look at the latest mozilla checkin's, there's a lot of work being done on a inline spellchecker. It looks like Ff2 will have this feature.
RobertJ

Stretched Preferences

Post by RobertJ »

Every once in a while, the dialog preference window opens like this

On my mac it extends off the bottom of the screen.
Old R.Marotta

Post by Old R.Marotta »

Same Problem here on my Mac System using Latest Spellbound Dev Build and FF: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051217 Firefox/1.5 ID:2005121704
Options Menu Drops off the bottom of the display, and must close FF to exit....
Last edited by Old R.Marotta on December 18th, 2005, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

You can hit "Command + W" to exit and if you change tabs in the prefs panel the window returns to "normal". Still need to hit "Command + W" to exit.
Old R.Marotta

Post by Old R.Marotta »

Thanks; Maybe Robert S. Will have some time over the holiday weekend to possibly come up with a fix....
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

I have a fix but haven't had the time to package and upload the new version... perhaps this evening but it won't have the context menu options added. I should be able to get to it over the holidays.
Old R.Marotta

Post by Old R.Marotta »

Great! - Looking forward to the next release!