Unofficial 2003-09-15 (Linux; XFT+GTK2; P4/SSE)

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
daihard
Folder@Home

Unofficial 2003-09-15 (Linux; XFT+GTK2; P4/SSE)

Post by daihard »

... is available on http://pryan.org/firebird/daihard for download. Requires Pentium III or newer processor w/ SSE support.

Platform: Red Hat 8
Compiler: GCC 3.2
GLIBC: 2.3.2
Kubuntu 8.04 (kernel 2.6.24-25-generic) / KDE 3.5.10
CentOS 4.8 (kernel 2.6.9-78.0.22.ELsmp) / KDE 3.5.10
Mac OS X 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard) / iPhone 3GS (32GB black)
Yek

Post by Yek »

Dai,

I did a couple builds tonight (just now ~05gmt or 9pm pst, 16-Sep), and am noticing that the forums (these forums) are 'stretched' out so that they take several horizontal scrolls to get across.

Are you noticing this in today's build? Maybe it was some later checkins. I see a ton of gtk2 checkins today. I don't want to upload these if its in this lousy shape, so am curious about today's experiences.

Thanks.
daihard
Folder@Home

Post by daihard »

Yek wrote:I did a couple builds tonight (just now ~05gmt or 9pm pst, 16-Sep), and am noticing that the forums (these forums) are 'stretched' out so that they take several horizontal scrolls to get across.

Are you noticing this in today's build? Maybe it was some later checkins. I see a ton of gtk2 checkins today. I don't want to upload these if its in this lousy shape, so am curious about today's experiences.

I haven't noticed that. There are several threads that stretch horizontally, but that's because of the large graphics images some posters have embedded in their messages. If you see a stretch for no such reason, there may be something broken that I didn't check out... I got my source around 9:00 AM PST.
Yek

Post by Yek »

Thanks,

I got mine about 1 hour later. This looks like a bug since I deleted the profile, and used no extensions at first. I can give you a couple url's that both look great on 12-sep's build, but are completely out of whack on tonights.

http://freshmeat.net/

and our old friend :) ::

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=23

As near as I can see, there's not an oddball post causing any stretching since it works fine in earlier builds. The freshmeat problem is that the left frame (where the new 'meat' is) is only 1/2 the normal size (about 30 columns).

Of course, it could be the one hour difference also. I made tbird tonight and that had no problems, but I'm not sure how they'd manifest if at all in tbird.
daihard
Folder@Home

Post by daihard »

Yek wrote:I got mine about 1 hour later. This looks like a bug since I deleted the profile, and used no extensions at first. I can give you a couple url's that both look great on 12-sep's build, but are completely out of whack on tonights.

http://freshmeat.net/
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=23

As near as I can see, there's not an oddball post causing any stretching since it works fine in earlier builds. The freshmeat problem is that the left frame (where the new 'meat' is) is only 1/2 the normal size (about 30 columns).

How far to the right do those pages stretch? They both look fine on my 2003-09-15 build, although the MozillaZine page stretches just a bit to the right due to one subject that's a little longer than others.
Yek

Post by Yek »

freshmeat is actually compressed (~30 columns vs. normal ~60 in new program descriptions), and this forum is about 150 columns for the topic before the next field appears on mine. I can see some checkins between the time you and I built though. Probably this will be resolved tomorrow and I caught cvs in the midst of some changes.

Thanks for checking it out :)
daihard
Folder@Home

Post by daihard »

Yek wrote:freshmeat is actually compressed (~30 columns vs. normal ~60 in new program descriptions), and this forum is about 150 columns for the topic before the next field appears on mine. I can see some checkins between the time you and I built though. Probably this will be resolved tomorrow and I caught cvs in the midst of some changes.

Thanks for checking it out :)

No problem. :)

Let's how tomorrow's build's going to work out.
Yek

Post by Yek »

Yeah, good idea. I think I see some fairly big differences between our respective chrome dirs. Just so you know, I downloaded yours and ran it on rh9 and it ran fine. Good build :)
daihard
Folder@Home

Post by daihard »

Yek wrote:Yeah, good idea. I think I see some fairly big differences between our respective chrome dirs. Just so you know, I downloaded yours and ran it on rh9 and it ran fine. Good build :)

Thank you. I'd be interested in knowing what the differences are. I usually archive my source tree every day, which means I will be able to compare the directories tomorrow... :)
Yek

Post by Yek »

daihard wrote:Thank you. I'd be interested in knowing what the differences are. I usually archive my source tree every day, which means I will be able to compare the directories tomorrow... :)

The difference turned out to be chrome/toolkit.jar. I'd been making both tbird and fb from the same set of cvs and since it goes fairly quick on this system, I just do it without scripts (and make the occasional dumb mistake lol). I made tbird first, which worked well, then forgot to do a make clean on the tree or get rid of the 'dist' dir. That will allow all kinds of .jar's and various things that'll been put together to slide into the firebird build when you do a make just by switching .mozconfigs.

I did a make clean and a make and it worked fine. I'm just pulling another cvs tree today in case I've botched some other part of it.
mezziah

Post by mezziah »

Muchas gracias daihard :)
daihard
Folder@Home

Post by daihard »

Mezziah wrote:Muchas gracias daihard :)

De nada... :)