[Ext] ImageBot

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
shirishag75

Post by shirishag75 »

thnx for the reply, appaintown
91.4.0esr on GNU/Linux as well as Windows :)
Extensions info. viewtopic.php?t=413910 - needs to be updated
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
apainttown

Post by apainttown »

hey JaGx, you had mentioned you were looking for grafics?

FreeImage is an Open Source library project for developers who would like to support popular graphics image formats like PNG, BMP, JPEG, TIFF and others as needed by today's multimedia applications. FreeImage is easy to use, fast, multithreading safe, compatible with all 32-bit versions of Windows, and cross-platform (works both with Linux and Mac OS X).

here is a link to the projects homepage [link]
mainewebworks

AutoLogin Feature

Post by mainewebworks »

Hi and Thanks for the excellent plugin. Great work! =D>

I noticed two different directions for using the autologin feature. So after trying both, here's a step by step guide to configure ImageBot's autologin.

<b>First, obtain your imageshack.us User ID - </b>

There are 2 ways to find your User ID:
1. Open your imageshack.us registration email and refer to the end of the registration link. Your User ID is the alpha-numeric code following, "?login=."

<i>Example, http://reg.imageshack.us/setlogin.php?l ... g123456789</i>

Or,
2. Click on the registration link provided, and go to "My Images" where you can find the alpha-numeric User ID listed above the multiple upload "Browse" button.

<b>Second, configure ImageBot - </b>

1. Open ImageBot and go to the "Settings" tab, then the "Functionality" options.
2. Paste your alpha-numeric User ID into the Username form field. The Password field should remain Empty.
3. Checkmark "Login Automatically" and the app will log you into your account.

-This is so much better than the right-click add-in for MS Explorer.
*SPECS:-> Fx 1.5 running on WinXp Pro sp2 / pwd by Duron 1.2Ghz w/768MB DDR*
"The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings." - Okakura Kakuzo(1863-1913)
Common sense web matters http://mainewebworks.com
JaGx

Re: AutoLogin Feature

Post by JaGx »

Thank you for the appreciation, maine.
Appaint - I don't need the icons anymore but I'll bookmark that site as it might help me in the future.
<>< <>< < >< >< >
<>< <>< <>< < ><
<>< < >< ><> <>< ><>
apainttown

Post by apainttown »

a user, Jeb, from one of the forums i frequent suggested this to allow smaller thumbnails in Upload Center

To do this, you need to go into your Profile folder,

\extensions\{55009080-176f-11da-8cd6-0800200c9a66}\chrome\skin\uploadcenter.css
open this in notepad and edit the text

Code:

treechildren::-moz-tree-row
{
height: 200px;
}

Change the 200 to something like 100 and restart firefox.

before

after
JaGx

1.8.4 Released!

Post by JaGx »

<>< <>< < >< >< >
<>< <>< <>< < ><
<>< < >< ><> <>< ><>
gssq

Post by gssq »

Great extension! But there needs to be a note about resetting the template preference for upgrading users. When I went for 1.8.3 to 1.8.4 my template stopped working (were the variables changed?). Uninstalling and reinstalling the extension didn't help. Luckily I found the instruction to reset the settings in abt:config.
JaGx

ImageBot 1.9.0 Released!

Post by JaGx »

preference patcher added to fix the template issues (patcher updates your preferences database to the newest format that ImageBot uses)
row height changer added to settings panel
updated eBay description template to be a little nicer and informative (shows Loading... when image is not done loading)

Get it here:
http://pimpsofpain.com/imagebot.html

Still dissapointed though that no one has bothered to make any host objects for other hosts

Am I the only developer who is following this extension?
Well, at least I have lots of non-developer supporters =)
<>< <>< < >< >< >
<>< <>< <>< < ><
<>< < >< ><> <>< ><>
rtk

Post by rtk »

Imagebot 1.9.0 works when in a new window (float) but produces a series of identical error messages when loaded in a tab.

rtk
JaGx

Post by JaGx »

rtk wrote:Imagebot 1.9.0 works when in a new window (float) but produces a series of identical error messages when loaded in a tab.

Could you do me a favor and give me information about what other extensions you are using, your firefox build, etc.
I wouldn't have released the extension if an error like the one you mentioned was there. There must be something about your Firefox that's causing it.

EDIT: Nevermind - I see you have that My Config link.
You have so many extensions that it'd be very difficult to figure out what extension is causing the problem. You have 1.5 and I do too, so that's not the reason. Sorry man, I don't know what the problem is. Perhaps you can look in the javascript console and it might give some info about unhandled exceptions.
<>< <>< < >< >< >
<>< <>< <>< < ><
<>< < >< ><> <>< ><>
rtk

Post by rtk »

Truly a horrible mistake on my part. Reinstalled my os this weekend, but got lazy by the end and copied over my old profile. And then, to make matters even worse, I posted before I even tested with a clean profile, which of course works as expected. I'll edit my previous post at your request.

Sorry for the alarm and once again, great extension and thanks for your efforts.
rtk
gssq

Post by gssq »

Actually finding which extension is causing the conflict would help - most people have more than one extension installed so your problem might be experienced by others.

What I usually do is move all my extension folders out and move half in, then restart. If I don't have the problem, I move a quarter in. Repeat - halving the number of extensions moved back each time till you've narrowed down which extension is causing the conflict.

If I have the problem when moving half in at the start, I move half of those out, and reduce the extensions in the profile directory till I find out what's causing the conflict.

You might want to try this.
JaGx

Post by JaGx »

rtk wrote:Truly a horrible mistake on my part. Reinstalled my os this weekend, but got lazy by the end and copied over my old profile. And then, to make matters even worse, I posted before I even tested with a clean profile, which of course works as expected. I'll edit my previous post at your request.

Sorry for the alarm and once again, great extension and thanks for your efforts.

No problem at all. I am glad you got it working. Enjoy it.

To everyone: happy holidays!

EDIT: I just wanted to note that the eBay description template is in HTML and can be used to display your pics anywhere on your site in a nice lil clickable gallery. It's not just for eBay although I made it look like the eBay images stuff. Good alternative to eBay images if ya ask me since it is free. If you like ImageShack a lot you might consider donating to them - or me (nah!) =)
<>< <>< < >< >< >
<>< <>< <>< < ><
<>< < >< ><> <>< ><>
ycc2106

Image size detection

Post by ycc2106 »

I asked this in the update mozilla,
how can I add image size detection in the template?

Also a nice thing to have, would be links to ImageShake's pages, Photoblog... and to your homepage, I mean in the extension.(because the yahoo blog won't accept images without! )

Thanks, great tool! Made me discover ImageShake better too!
JaGx

Re: Image size detection

Post by JaGx »

ycc2106 wrote:I asked this in the update mozilla,
how can I add image size detection in the template?

Also a nice thing to have, would be links to ImageShake's pages, Photoblog... and to your homepage, I mean in the extension.(because the yahoo blog won't accept images without! )

Thanks, great tool! Made me discover ImageShake better too!

There is a link to the homepage in the tools menu and on the dropdown of the toolbar icon.
image[SIZE] is the variable of the image's size.
<>< <>< < >< >< >
<>< <>< <>< < ><
<>< < >< ><> <>< ><>