Firefox and Norton

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Firefox and Norton

Post by Guest »

I ma having problems with Firefox. It will open but will not connect to any sites. As it connects when I disable my Norton Firewall, I presume that must be the problem is that. I attempt to reconfigure my firewall, but the firewall program stops responding. As such I can't use Firefox without disabling my firewall. Any help with this problem would be very much appreciated.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Guest,

Go into Norton and REMOVE Firefox from the programs list. Let Norton redetect it and then give it permission. Sometimes, even if the settings look OK, Norton still won't grant it permission, removing it usually fixes the problem.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2

Post by Guest »

I have tried this, but like I said, when I attempt to confirm either the change to the firewall seting for firefox by clicking ok, the norton program stops responding. It also stops responding when i try to remove Firefox from the programs list. The result is that the settings are unchanged and I still can't use firefox. Any further advice on how I can successfully change my firewall settings?
trolly

Post by trolly »

Stop FF, uninstall norton, reinstall norton. Something like that was it.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
Vectorspace

Post by Vectorspace »

Sounds like your install of Norton is damaged. Try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
"All things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the correct one" - Occam's Razor
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20110624 Thunderbird/5.0
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Guest,

I agree with both trolly and Vectorspace. This identical thing happened to my brother. He uninstalled Norton and reinstalled it and everything was fine after that.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2