Firewall or Proxy -- make sure Firefox is permitted

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
rytr05

Firewall or Proxy -- make sure Firefox is permitted

Post by rytr05 »

I've been using Firefox with no problems on two computers. Downloaded it to a laptop yesterday and now I get the following error message when trying to visit some pages and I can't access the site.

"If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

Can anyone tell me how to make sure Firefox is permitted. OS = Win XP

Thanks,
LLD
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_any_website#Firewalls

Guess you missed the Sticky that says Read Before Posting - consider yourself nagged.

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
rytr05

Post by rytr05 »

rytr05 wrote:I've been using Firefox with no problems on two computers. Downloaded it to a laptop yesterday and now I get the following error message when trying to visit some pages and I can't access the site.

"If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

Thanks,
LLD
Saw stickies -- read them, just not the announcemnets. :^{
bibin

Re: Firewall or Proxy -- make sure Firefox is permitted

Post by bibin »

I've been using Firefox with no problems on two computers. Downloaded it to a laptop yesterday and now I get the following error message when trying to visit some pages and I can't access the site.