Turn off header and footer when printing?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
mofisweet

Turn off header and footer when printing?

Post by mofisweet »

I print shipping labels using PayPal.

Is there a way to turn off the header and footer when printing so that the text does not appear?

I have used the feature with great success in IE, but am new to Firefox and just wondered if it is just a setting that I haven't found.
Old dotancohen

Post by Old dotancohen »

How do you enable that feature in IE? I am unfamiliar with it.
Have you looked at the extensions? Not that this is something I've seen, but it would likely be there if anywhere.

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/short_answ ... outer.html
echoes

Post by echoes »

go to File-->Page Setup-->Margins & Header/Footer and select blank on the bottom selection boxes. i believe that is the same way you do it in ie. should have checked that first.
Last edited by echoes on January 3rd, 2006, 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
other_mofisweet

Post by other_mofisweet »

If you prefer not to see any header or footer information, File ---- Page Setup ---- Header/ Footer tab
Set the the header/footer section to blank (all of them or some of them) using the drop down menu.

Good Luck
venus_de_mpls

Post by venus_de_mpls »

I think you can just clear out the defaults in about:config for headers and footers

About about:config:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config

about:config print entries:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries#Print..2A
Win XP Pro SP1
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4
Thunderbird version 2.0.0.0 (20070326)
Old dotancohen

Post by Old dotancohen »

other_mofisweet wrote:If you prefer not to see any header or footer information, File ---- Page Setup ---- Header/ Footer tab
Set the the header/footer section to blank (all of them or some of them) using the drop down menu.

Good Luck

I didn't know that was in there! How does Firefox know what is a header/footer? CAn it identify the content part of a webpage, seperate from the interface?

Dotan Cohen
jure1873

Post by jure1873 »

Is it possible to remove this by using some serverside method? like css or something similiar? I need to print a report and I don't like the headers and footers but I don't want to explain to all the users where they can turn this off
TB version 2.0.0.16
Old dotancohen

Post by Old dotancohen »

jure1873 wrote:Is it possible to remove this by using some serverside method? like css or something similiar? I need to print a report and I don't like the headers and footers but I don't want to explain to all the users where they can turn this off

For a site that you run? Just give an alternative CSS file, or a 'printable page', with a link to it from the page that is meant to be printed.

If it is not a site that you run, you can still provide a different CSS file and provide it to your users. Firefox can be instructed to use the local CSS file.
jure1873

Post by jure1873 »

It's for a site that I run, but I don't know if it can be done with a css for the 'printable page'. I don't know how I would reference the header and footer in css. I don't know if I understood this right but we are talking about the header when you print a page and on the top left you see 'Turn off header and footer when printing? - MozillaZine Forums', on the right it's the url, the footer has Page x of x on the left and the date and time on the right.
TB version 2.0.0.16