[Ext] Tab Clicking Options 0.6.6 [20060711]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
twanno

Post by twanno »

New version Tab Clicking Options 0.6:

- Added Bookmark Tab and Bookmark All Tabs actions (Bookmark All Tabs only in Mozilla Suite/Firefox 1.5 Beta).
- Added Japanese locale, thanks to Victory.
- Added Spanish locale, thanks to Proyecto Nave.
- Added Korean locale, thanks to Flactal.
- Localized the description of the extension.
- Fixed compatibility with New Tab Homepage extension.

More information on my homepage :)
WayneStatic

Suggestion for additional function

Post by WayneStatic »

Hi, I really do miss the possibility to close all the tabs that are "younger" than the tab I clicked.
I.e. I am really into photography and I often open a lot of tabs with photos and later I have about 5-10 tabs with the homepages of different sites and up to 150 tabs with single pictures. Then I'd like to close all the tabs that are younger or positioned left of a certain tab. Have you ever thought about this function?

Kind regards, Wayne
twanno

Post by twanno »

WayneStatic wrote:Hi, I really do miss the possibility to close all the tabs that are "younger" than the tab I clicked.
I.e. I am really into photography and I often open a lot of tabs with photos and later I have about 5-10 tabs with the homepages of different sites and up to 150 tabs with single pictures. Then I'd like to close all the tabs that are younger or positioned left of a certain tab. Have you ever thought about this function?

I could add an option to close all tabs positioned to the left of the current tab, and also an option to close all tabs positioned to the right of the current tab. But the only way to access these functions then is by clicking on a tab or the tabbar.

I personally think it would be better if there was an extension, which would allow a user to access these functions on different ways (e.g. a context menu item, a shortcut key), and then I could make Tab Clicking Options compatible with that extension, so the functions could also be invoked by clicking on a tab (or the tabbar).

But if you really want this to be available on Tab Clicking Options, I could certainly add it anyway.

Twanno
clemon79

"Give tab focus" dimmed?

Post by clemon79 »

With apologies if this was discussed already (I did a search and coudn't find anything):

Why, on my Tab Clicking Options 0.6.1, is my "Give Tab Focus" checkbox dimmed? I'm guessing it's a feature involving a setting in another extension that TCO knows how to talk to, but I'm not sure which. Here's what I have running, in addition to TCO:

Autofill 0.2
SpellBount 0.7.3
Gmail Notifier 0.5.3
Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.8.7 (the likely culprit, but I'd like to know where)
miniT (drag+indicator) 0.5
IE View 1.2.7
BugMeNot 0.8
AdBlock v.5 d2 * nightly 39
Farkit 1.1.1
TinyURL Creator 1.0
AdBlock Filterset.G Updater 0.2.6

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I see now that it is in fact Tabbrowser Preferences that causes the dimming, as I just figured out how to temporarily disable extensions. But does anyone know if it just plain deactivates that option if TBP is running, or is there a setting that triggers it that maybe I should be turning off so I can finetune with TCO?
twanno

Post by twanno »

You probably have TBP set to load your homepage in a new tab. There you can set to give the new tab focus or leave it in the background:

Because you can set this option there, it is disabled in the options panel of Tab Clicking Options.

Twanno
clemon79

Post by clemon79 »

I gotcha. I guess I had it in my head that with a combination of the two I could fine-tune Firefox to act more like I'd like it to (for example, double-clicking on the toolbar to make a new tab WITH focus, but middle-clicking on the toolbar making one WITHOUT focus), but maybe I'm missing a setting someplace that would accomplish that.

It appears I can get your the checkboxes back if I disable the option you cite, but then new browsers open up blank, and I do want them to open with the homepage.

So I guess I haveta choose between one or the other. :)
skinmpls

Can't Limit Context Menu Items

Post by skinmpls »

I am trying to limit the options I see in the context menu but can't seem to. All I want is one option that will duplicate the tab. Instead I get all the options no matter if I have turned them off in the extensions option. Is this a bug or am I just confused?

Opps. Sorry wrong thread.
Last edited by skinmpls on December 19th, 2005, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twanno

Post by twanno »

I think you posted in the wrong thread, I assume you are refering to Duplicate Tab. But check your private messages for a reply.

Twanno
trids

Post by trids »

Any chance of adding an option on rightclicking a tab to Duplicate Tab .. "To sidebar"?
twanno

Post by twanno »

trids wrote:Any chance of adding an option on rightclicking a tab to Duplicate Tab .. "To sidebar"?

In Tab Clicking Options? No.
If you mean in Duplicate Tab: maybe, but then in combination with an other extension, which can load pages in the sidebar. Do you know such an extension?
trids

Post by trids »

Do you know such an extension?

thanks for the reply :o) .. other than yours, the closest i can find to opening a page in the sidebar is "Web Panel Enhancer" ..
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/m ... on=firefox

But my version 1.5 browser says the extension is too old, and won't install it.
BGKS

Permanent settings

Post by BGKS »

I have to disable "<b>use middle mouse clicking to load URL from clipboad</b>"
on every single restart of FF, i.e. to go through Tools->Extensions->Tab Clicking Options Settings.middle click [ ] use ...

How would I enable my individual Tab Clicking Settings preference according to this item <b>permanently</b>? I'm not sure about the default behaviour of FF, without this extension. Mine is doing the Paste&Go thing, have seen others closing the tab.

(FF 1.5, prefs from 1.0; Tab Clicking Options 0.6.1)
twanno

Post by twanno »

Do you have a user.js file in your profile folder, containing the following line:
user_pref("middlemouse.contentLoadURL", true) ? If so you have to delete that line.

If not, try setting "middlemouse.contentLoadURL" to false in about:config manually (enter 'about:config' in the location bar), and see what happens after a restart.
shoofy

Post by shoofy »

Any way you could implement the undo closed tab feature that is now built in to Firefox 2.0? The Click2Tab undo closed tab feature seems not to be working with beta 1, so I'd like to regain easy access to this feature.
twanno

Post by twanno »

Yep, a new version is on the way, I will include your request.

regards,
Twanno