[Ext] Adblock Plus 0.5.11.4

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Alpine

Post by Alpine »

Yes, a solution would be very nice. I will try the profile method.

It caused from installing from the link I mentioned. I dont even know what

"For a smaller English - Fx 1.5 only version use the links below:
Install - Download" is for.....

I clicked on it when i say it at the bottom of mcm-ham's very forst post when the normal link didnt work. He needs to remove it or something.
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Nitallica wrote:I've run into the duplication problem as well. Is there a way to remove the duplicate?

About 95% of the time when I've had the duplicate problem, it fixed it by just reinstalling the extension (there's a reason why that tends to work, but I don't feel like going into it). 4%, I deleted a couple files in my profile (forgot which ones, but it should be totally safe to delete any of the file labeled extensions.anything, as they are generated again when you run Firefox again, picking up on just the real entries of extensions). The remaining 1%, I had to scrap my entire profile, and I still have no idea what caused it to be so stubborn that I had to go that far just to get rid of it.
Alpine wrote:Yes, a solution would be very nice. I will try the profile method.

I clicked on it when i say it at the bottom of mcm-ham's very forst post when the normal link didnt work. He needs to remove it or something.

That bottom link is working fine for me. And the big bold one will work if you can just get around the domain issue of extensionsmirror... but still, like I said, the bottom link is working fine now, so there should be no reason to remove it. It was probably just a server issue of some sort at the particular time you were trying to download it.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
Alpine

Post by Alpine »

XerBlade wrote:
Nitallica wrote:I've run into the duplication problem as well. Is there a way to remove the duplicate?

About 95% of the time when I've had the duplicate problem, it fixed it by just reinstalling the extension (there's a reason why that tends to work, but I don't feel like going into it). 4%, I deleted a couple files in my profile (forgot which ones, but it should be totally safe to delete any of the file labeled extensions.anything, as they are generated again when you run Firefox again, picking up on just the real entries of extensions). The remaining 1%, I had to scrap my entire profile, and I still have no idea what caused it to be so stubborn that I had to go that far just to get rid of it.
Alpine wrote:Yes, a solution would be very nice. I will try the profile method.

That bottom link is working fine for me. And the big bold one will work if you can just get around the domain issue of extensionsmirror... but still, like I said, the bottom link is working fine now, so there should be no reason to remove it. It was probably just a server issue of some sort at the particular time you were trying to download it.

Well, I tried just uninstalling the extension - that didnt work. I still had the messed up duplicate in my extensions manager.
Then I deleted all the files in my profile folder with the extension.filename prefix and BINGO. Once I reloaded firefox it was gone. I dont know why I didnt think of this before.

Your suggestion is very much appreciated XerBlade.
IceDogg

Re: Adblock Plus 0.5.11.2

Post by IceDogg »

Never mind I found the info in Maxx's thread.
Rybo85

Post by Rybo85 »

Close firefox and just go into your profile and delete "extensions.rdf". Once you open firefox again, extensions.rdf will be regenerated and the ghost entry will be gone. If that doesn't work, uninstall the working adblock entry and do the process again.
Nitallica

Post by Nitallica »

Rybo85, you're my hero. :D It worked like a charm, thanks so much!
ankh

Post by ankh »

Yep. Remove the Profile. Tedious, though. I now save all my extensions locally so I can reinstall them after creating a new Profile, without going online first -- then let'em update if need be online later.
therube

Post by therube »

VinDSL wrote:
therube wrote:That's strange, cause I'm have... AdblockPlus (0.5.11) installed & working - in SeaMonkey no less...

And, fully functional - whitelisting and so forth?!?!?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9a1)
Gecko/20060113 SeaMonkey/1.5a

Yes, AFAIK. (I've never tried whitelisting).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
simulate030

Post by simulate030 »

Hey guys, I've been using the normal Adblock for a while and I saw this plus version. Question is, what are the differences? (besides whitelisting which I don't think I need)
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Ability to block DIV elements.
Ability to hide on particular sites rather than globally.
Automatic synch with filter lists at URLs.
Stuff like that.
User Agent
Extensions
paraver

How many Adblock Plus are there?

Post by paraver »

I found one here, and another here (http://adblockplus.mozdev.org/).

What it the real one?!

Thanks.
-= paraver =- PT
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Well, I do know that the one at Mozdev (and, consequentially, at AMO) is crap, and, well, I just think it really sucks. I switched back to the one here pretty quick. My first most obvious qualm being the issues I was having with the statusbar icon, which I didn't want to begin with.
User Agent
Extensions
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

I've been following this thread (quietly) for some time now and suddenly today I find Adblock Plus 0.6 on the Moz site. The author states previous versions should be uninstalled before installing his. I'm curious as to how this (new) version affects the progress of this one as they appear different beasts?

*Edit* - Just saw your response XerBlade.
Cheers,
Keith
therube

Post by therube »

Now how do you like that for a choice of names!

The original 0.5d3:
mozdev.org - adblock: index
http://adblock.mozdev.org/

This one 0.5.11.2:
AdBlock Plus Home
http://bene.sitesled.com/adblock.htm

And now 0.6:
mozdev.org - adblockplus: installation
http://adblockplus.mozdev.org/index.html

(complete with this, "Note: This version won't overwrite Adblock or Adblock Plus 0.5. If you have one of these extensions installed, you should uninstall it first.")
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Well, that last thing is an obvious enough one. In other to get it listed on AMO to begin with, one would obviously make it have a GUID different from Adblock, which is already listed there. AMO doesn't list multiple extensions with the same GUID.
User Agent
Extensions