SpellBound Development version

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
shawn^

Post by shawn^ »

Could u just make the extension (latest) avaliable w/o the lib & dic please? I'm running a 3rd party build and I've got the old version working perfectly using the private thunderbird libs so I don't want this upgrade installin its own.

Claus Valca

Is the latest Spellbound compat with Ff v1.5.0.1?

Post by Claus Valca »

Hi Guys!

I just found Spellbound and installed it on my Firefox build 1.5.0.1.

The extension appears to have loaded without any problems. I downloaded the En dictionary set just fine as well. All the icons are appearing and all the options seem to be working as well--well, I think so at least.

However, it doesn't seem to be checking any of the spelling. If I try to test in in the options, nothing seems to be happening. No underline for misspelt words, etc.

I have checked, and find the dictionary files are present where they should be in the Spellbound folder.

I didn't find this extension before I upgraded to this new Firefox release from v1.5, so I can't tell if that is what is different. At this point, that is the only reason I can come up with.

I found the link to Spellbound via the Performancing Extension (blog tool) http://performancing.com/node/540#sect6 and was very excited about this feature.

The inline spelling is working normally over in my Thunderbird 1.5 application.

Any ideas?

Respectfully,
Claus
http://grandstreamdreams.blogspot.com
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

Did anyone ever figure out why I can not use the spelling correction system inline? To refresh your memories, the underlines appear, but nothing happens when I click them. Also, spellbound is not adding anything other than the spell check in a dialog menu item. So if suggested spelling are supposed to appear in the context menu, they are missing. When I spell check with the dialog, I can left click a word -- even if not the current word -- and get suggested spellings for that word.
Will Pittenger
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

CTRL+Left Click for in line suggestions.
shawn^

Post by shawn^ »

Will Pittenger wrote:Did anyone ever figure out why I can not use the spelling correction system inline? To refresh your memories, the underlines appear, but nothing happens when I click them. Also, spellbound is not adding anything other than the spell check in a dialog menu item. So if suggested spelling are supposed to appear in the context menu, they are missing. When I spell check with the dialog, I can left click a word -- even if not the current word -- and get suggested spellings for that word.

Open Spellbound Options, Under Dialog, do u have "disable spell check..." ticked? If so, untick it and try again.
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

I am seeing the same thing with inline spelling after updating to the latest dev. build of Spellbound.

Misspelled words are underlined yet no matter what no suggestions for corrected words. Uninstalled the latest and reinstalled the previous spellbound dev build and things are working correctly again.

Running: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060114 Firefox/1.5

Edit* My options for Spellbound are correctly configured.
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes
Lee_Dailey
Location: milky way galaxy, sol system, terra, north america, usa, tx, bedford

Post by Lee_Dailey »

howdy GrailKnight,

you didn't mention - specifically - if you had used ctrl-left-click on the underlined words. did you?

take care,
lee
shawn^

Post by shawn^ »

GrailKnight wrote:I am seeing the same thing with inline spelling after updating to the latest dev. build of Spellbound.

Misspelled words are underlined yet no matter what no suggestions for corrected words. Uninstalled the latest and reinstalled the previous spellbound dev build and things are working correctly again.

Running: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060114 Firefox/1.5

Edit* My options for Spellbound are correctly configured.

Did u do what I suggested in e post above yours? Cause I had this very same issue and the minute I unticked it, it fixed it.
Claus Valca

Got It!

Post by Claus Valca »

Whew! Figured out what was keeping my installation of the latest Spellbound from working!

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5

First, I rolled my Firefox build back to 1.5 (final) as 1.5.0.1 broke too many of my extensions and bumping the version number up in the xpi install files still didn't get all of them to play well. (So this only stands for v1.5)

Next I tried reinstalling SpellBound again. Again good install, but nothing was happening, even in the tester. I verified my English Dictionary files were downloaded and installed properly.

I tried the <Ctrl> + left click but nothing happening.

Finally I went back into the SpellBound extension Options. All my tick-boxes were set correctly and enabled to allow checking (as had been suggested).

Here's the fix: I went into the "Test Area", and again tried to misspell a word. Nothing. The small "in-line" icon above the test area was selected, so next I tried the check spelling icon next to it. A "check spelling" dialog box popped up. In there, at the bottom was a Language field. It was set to "none". I clicked the down arrow and selected the English dictionary showing and it started working!

This option setting is pretty well buried. Could I humbly suggest that maybe to move or duplicate this field to the main option window as a fourth "tab" next to "Test Area"? It would be quicker to find and adjust. Also, you may want to include mention of the location or need to set a preferred dictionary in the Help file under Using SpellBound-->Dictionaries section.

Good work! This is going to be a real compliment to the embedded features in Thunderbird 1.5 ! I'll be bragging about our extension in in my blog very soon!

--Claus
<A HREF="http://grandstreamdreams.blogspot.com">Grand Stream Dreams</A>
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

shawn^ wrote:
Will Pittenger wrote:Did anyone ever figure out why I can not use the spelling correction system inline? To refresh your memories, the underlines appear, but nothing happens when I click them. Also, spellbound is not adding anything other than the spell check in a dialog menu item. So if suggested spelling are supposed to appear in the context menu, they are missing. When I spell check with the dialog, I can left click a word -- even if not the current word -- and get suggested spellings for that word.

Open Spellbound Options, Under Dialog, do u have "disable spell check..." ticked? If so, untick it and try again.

That was it. Thanks. I did not expect it to be on a different page.
Will Pittenger
pgrote

Post by pgrote »

Just want to confirm ... the latest update changes the inline spelling. Instead of being able to click on the misspelled word you know have to hold down CONTROL and then left click?

Is there a way to get it back to the way it was? Control Left Click works for me, but I'd like to be able to just click on the word.

Thanks!
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

If you know how to open, hack and then repackage the spellbound.jar file located in the spellbound chrome, the answer is yes.

Change the inlineSpellCheck.js as follows

Original:

Code: Select all

// displays a custom popup when ctrl+left-click on a misspelled word.
  onClickHandler: function(aEvent)
  {
    if (aEvent.button == 0 &&
        aEvent.ctrlKey &&
        aEvent.originalTarget.parentNode.nodeName != "scrollbar" &&
        SB_InlineHelpers.shouldShowPopup(aEvent))
      SB_InlineSC.showPopup(aEvent);
  },

To:

Code: Select all

// displays a custom popup when ctrl+left-click on a misspelled word.
  onClickHandler: function(aEvent)
  {
    if (aEvent.button == 0 &&
        aEvent.originalTarget.parentNode.nodeName != "scrollbar" &&
        SB_InlineHelpers.shouldShowPopup(aEvent))
      SB_InlineSC.showPopup(aEvent);
  },

bob j
FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

I would prefer the suggestion list was inserted into the context menu. Well, almost. My context menu must scroll even though there is room. (The menu is shorter than the screen by about 300 pixels.)
Will Pittenger
shawn^

Post by shawn^ »

Will Pittenger wrote:I would prefer the suggestion list was inserted into the context menu. Well, almost. My context menu must scroll even though there is room. (The menu is shorter than the screen by about 300 pixels.)

U need menu editor
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

How would that put the suggestions into the context menu?
Will Pittenger