How to disable Thunderbird auto-load?

Closed Forum
timmmay

How to disable Thunderbird auto-load?

Post by timmmay »

I'm using Thunderbird .02 and everything seem to work fine except everytime I startup my computer Thunderbird loads up automatically. I can't seem to find anywhere on how to disable that??
xfranky

Post by xfranky »

Firebird shouldn't be set up to start automatically... there are different ways, but I'm using a translated version (Italian) of WinXP and I don't want to get you out of the right way mis-translating...
..::XF::..
timmmay

Post by timmmay »

I didn't configure anything except for the servers of course. I just installed it on WinXP, imported my OE address book and that's all. Perhaps I need to edit one of the files? Anyone knows... ?

TIA
jodef

Post by jodef »

timmmay wrote:I didn't configure anything except for the servers of course. I just installed it on WinXP, imported my OE address book and that's all. Perhaps I need to edit one of the files? Anyone knows... ?

TIA

I use win XP and didn't have that problem but I have winpatrol which prevents programs from automatically adding themselves to my startup.Checked TB didn't see anything to control this behaviour but you can disable it under XP go to Run type Msconfig and go to last tab startup and checkbox related to TB should be there untick it.TB wont run on startup

Hope this helps :)
xfranky

Post by xfranky »

jodef wrote:...under XP go to Run type Msconfig...

How come I didn't know about that? I always went directly to the registry to 'adjust' startup programs... Nice! :wink:
..::XF::..