[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
outback_rebel

new emails

Post by outback_rebel »

The notifier doesn't notify me when I have new emails. The only way it will tell me, is if I log out of all accounts and log back in, which is a pain. It didn't do this before I upgraded it. How should I fix this?
tmlong

Re: new emails

Post by tmlong »

outback_rebel wrote:The notifier doesn't notify me when I have new emails. The only way it will tell me, is if I log out of all accounts and log back in, which is a pain. It didn't do this before I upgraded it. How should I fix this?

Make sure you have the latest version which is 0.4.3.2, there was a change in Gmail that was causing this same behaviour. Thanks.

- TL
tmlong

Re: great

Post by tmlong »

gorva wrote:when I click on a mailto link inside a mail, it opens me a tab (great) and an annoying new window :(

Hey, thanks for the heads up on this. I haven't even had much of a chance to explore using the mailto feature like this. I will definitely look into a fix for this but it maybe something funky that Gmail does with their code. I can understand that being annoying. Thanks.

- TL
carpeliam

'onBrowserKeyUp is not defined' message on every keystroke

Post by carpeliam »

I use the FireBug debugging extension, which tracks javascript errors etc. When I have the gmail manager extension enabled, I receive a message upon every keystroke that says "onBrowserKeyUp is not defined - browser.xul (line 1)". This didn't occur in previous versions of the gmail manager.
unwoken

Post by unwoken »

tmlong wrote:You are absolutely right about this behaviour and unfortunately with the current version this cannot be stopped. I will resolve this issue for the next release and thanks for bringing it to my attention. I guess the question would be for which window should the tab open in (first, last, focused)? I assume that it should be the most recent window. Let me know if you have any other thoughts on this.

- TL

Hi TL.

Thanks for the reply. BTW this is a brilliant excellent extension.

Just for me, i would think that opening a focused tab in the most recent window would be perfect. A new tab doesn't delete (or obscure) any important info, and allows you to easily go back to what you were doing before the notification arrived.

not sure what others think, but that would be great for me!

p.s. is that what you were asking??

cheers

~uw
fluid_motion

Post by fluid_motion »

Is there any incompatibilities in GMail Manager 0.4.3.2 with other extensions? I am using Mozilla 1.7.11. After installing 0.4.3.2 over 0.4.3, it doesn't auto logon and the statusbar icon is always gray even after I manually login. The status bar position also doesn't work properly when its set to last or specific position. When I revert to 0.4.3 it works properly albeit with the old bugs.
vee

mailto: links not working?

Post by vee »

Has anyone else had any issues with mailto: links not working?
Whenever I click on one, it pops up with with this page....
<a href="https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLoginAuth">https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLoginAuth</a>
with a message "The page you requested is invalid"

Is this a case of me doing it wrong, or of the extention not being compatable with what I've got set up?
Running Firefox 1.5.0.1, with a whole bunch of extentions:
Adblock v.5 d3 * nightly 42,
IE Tab 1.0.7,
IE View 1.2.7,
Forecastfox 0.8.5,
PDF Download 0.6,
Adblock Filterset.G Updater 0.3.0.1,
Colorful Tabs 0.3,
All-in-One Gestures 0.17.4,
Flashblock 1.5.1,
Paste and Go 0.4.3,
and Gmail Manager 0.4.3.2.

I was running Gmail Notifier 0.5.5, but after reading that the notifier and the Manager are incompatable, I disabled it.
Running WinXP w/ SP2, and well, some of the patches since then, I think. I forget which ones.

This seems like a spiffy extention, but I have to admit that the reason why I downloaded it is that it was the only one I could find that would allow me to click a mailto: link on a website and allow me to compose the email in my gmail composer.. I prefer using the gmail web interface, and hate having to right click>copy email address>open gmail in a new tab>click compose>paste the email address...
was hoping that this extention would be able to simplify that process for me. Can it do that yet, and I'm just doing something wrong?
tmlong

Re: mailto: links not working?

Post by tmlong »

vee wrote:Has anyone else had any issues with mailto: links not working?
Whenever I click on one, it pops up with with this page....
<a href="https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLoginAuth">https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLoginAuth</a>
with a message "The page you requested is invalid"

Hey, thanks for your message. Yeah, there was an issue that has now been resolved with the mailto links and I will release an updated version shortly. Sorry about the issue. Thanks.

- TL
vee

Re: mailto: links not working?

Post by vee »

tmlong wrote:Hey, thanks for your message. Yeah, there was an issue that has now been resolved with the mailto links and I will release an updated version shortly. Sorry about the issue. Thanks.

- TL

Good deal. I'll keep an eye out for updates, then. Glad to hear that it wasn't just me doing something wrong. ^_^ Other than the issue with mailto: links, it's working great. I'll give my input if anything else breaks, though.

~Vee
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

On another note of the new feature: <u>Gtalk</u>

This feature can only be accessed through <b>http://</b> and not <b>https://</b>. To resolve this with Gmail Manager just goto your preferences and uncheck "Use secured connection when checking accounts." This will then allow you to load your Gmail accounts with the chat feature enabled.

Also, if you find you are not receiving new mail notifications be sure to manually log into your account and accept whether or not you want to save chats with the new feature.

Thanks in advance,

- TL
sbhusted

Post by sbhusted »

outback_rebel wrote:The notifier doesn't notify me when I have new emails. The only way it will tell me, is if I log out of all accounts and log back in, which is a pain. It didn't do this before I upgraded it. How should I fix this?

I'm having this exact same problem and I'm using the latest version as well. 0.4.3.2

When I first open up Firefox, it logs in but shows 0 messages, 0 storage used, etc. I then have to log off and in several times to get it to show the correct info. Once I do get it to work and check the mail, it never updates with mail received.
---
Scott B. Husted
http://www.husted.cc
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

sbhusted wrote:I'm having this exact same problem and I'm using the latest version as well. 0.4.3.2

When I first open up Firefox, it logs in but shows 0 messages, 0 storage used, etc. I then have to log off and in several times to get it to show the correct info. Once I do get it to work and check the mail, it never updates with mail received.

Make sure you log into your account through mail.google.com and accept the new Chat features for saving conversations (for each account). This will block the extension from logging in properly, after you do that it should be good to go. Thanks.

- TL
sbhusted

Post by sbhusted »

OK, I just changed that preference. By chance will there be a 'work around' for that in the future? I don't really like the idea of my chat history being logged. ;)
---
Scott B. Husted
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

sbhusted wrote:OK, I just changed that preference. By chance will there be a 'work around' for that in the future? I don't really like the idea of my chat history being logged. ;)

Oh no, you can have the chat setting to whatever you want it to be (either save or not save your chats). I was just saying to log into your account manually and choose a setting so that it would go to your Inbox like normal. Hopefully that clears up what I was saying. Sorry for the confusion. Let me know if you have any other questions.

- TL
sbhusted

Post by sbhusted »

OK.. Im still totally confused. Its still not working, and I'm not sure what you are referring to? I logged into the account manually, just changed the chat setting back to not log chat, and if I login using the plugin, it never updates. IE.. if I click on it and go to my account, there may be 2 or 3 messages there but the plugin still shows no messages.
---
Scott B. Husted