Rightmouse + Scroll wheel opera-feature extension? :)

Talk about add-ons and extension development.

Post by 4711 »

OK! page icons should work now. (I´ve read the forum after adding this).

page moves when you first scroll to bring the menu up: hm, fixable

Make the list continious: fixable

Option to not change page until you release the right mouse button: there will be no options! Instead there
will be 2 versions to download! (bring up/bring not up) Let´s see what the people like...

Joe

Post by 4711 »

OK! page icons should work now. (I´ve read the forum after adding this).

page moves when you first scroll to bring the menu up: hm, fixable

Option to not change page until you release the right mouse button: there will be no options! Instead there
will be 2 versions to download! (bring up/bring not up) Let´s see what the people like...

Joe

(some problems with "submit")
flii

Re: Hmm

Post by flii »

Ted Mielczarek wrote:I'm wondering if we shouldn't get a bunch of these extensions together (this one, mouse rocker, maybe others) and offer an "Opera Migration Package" of things that Opera users would want. Might get a lot of converts.

from everyone i've ever seen posting of complaints about phoenix after they've used opera for so long, i would love to be able to say here (give link) dl this. that way we all walk away happy. :) good idea. also, if they were all packaged, they would all work together. currently, some extensions don't work well with others.
TD

Post by TD »

I noticed a couple more bugs :)

Some sites use bigger icons, eg salon.com, which need to be resized
If you use TBE and rearrange tabs it messes up the order in which you scroll through them, eg it skips from the first tab in the list to the third and then back up to the second etc
Zaphod

Post by Zaphod »

In version 0.5 ScrollTab (maybe this should be the name for this great extension? ;-) works fine for me.
For lazy people: http://www.krickelkrackel.de/scrolltab.htm
http://www.gaehn.org | simply gaehn.org
sthingp

Post by sthingp »

Can this hack be submitted to the Mozilla trunk or ...?

It's an excellent feature for tab-users, and the rightclick + scroll combination is not reserved as far as I can see.
LuNaTiC

Post by LuNaTiC »

wow, thnx for all the replies! and many thanx for your work to program this!

personally i had given up hope, but i decided to take a look here, and look it this! :)

wonderful.

But, call me a newbie but i can't install it? If i click the link, many text appears in my browser but nothing happens :P When i download it to my harddisk, and try to open it, the only thing that happens is that Phoenix starts and goes to my homepage...

so what am i doing wrong?
maubp

Post by maubp »

LuNaTiC - Once you have downloaded the file, don't try and the launch the file from explorer. Instead, in Phoenix, goto the "File", "Open File..." menu, and select the extension from your hard disc.
Peter
maubp

Post by maubp »

Thanks 4711,

If you ever change your mind about not wanting any configuration options, then I would suggest that making the list continous (top/bottom loops) should also be an option.

I've just tried this with my IBM USB mouse, instead of a wheel it has a little joystick like button (which can actually do left and right, as well as up and down) and it seems to work OK. Unfortunately, with my IBM mouse the scrolling seems too sensitive.

If I remember I will try this at home tonight, as I have a wheel mouse there.

Two minor areas for improvement
- Ensure the popup is all onscreen. If you had clicked near the left or right edge of the screen, then part of the popup can disappear offscreen.
- When scrolling throught the list, the width of the popup varies. It seems to depend on the length of the page title.

But still - very impressive. :)

(Interestingly - Since I have been reading these Forums, I have actually started to wonder about trying Opera! ;) )
Peter
LuNaTiC

Post by LuNaTiC »

w000t stupid me! :)

thnx, it works like a charm!

Image for the maker :)

This, in combination with the extension for autoscroll, will defenitely keep me with Phoenix from now on...

Perfect!
LuNaTiC

Post by LuNaTiC »

feature request: first time you press rightmousebutton + scrollwheel, immediately go to another tab then die active when you release it.

Current situation: if you press rightmouse + scrolling, and you release it, you still are on the same tab. I rather have an option to enable it that i go to another tab (but thats rather personal, not everyone may like this).
maubp

Post by maubp »

I've just had an idea, maybe 4711 could comment on its feasibility.

How about a very similar modification (to the tab scroller) that shows the back/forward history for the page currently viewed? i.e. current page is in the middle (about where you clicked) with "back" pages below, and "forward" pages above.

Non-opera people might be happy with right mouse + scroll (and not using the tab scroller)

How about Left mouse + scroll?

Note that middle mouse plus scroll is already associated with "auto scrolling", so thats out.

I know that control+scroll by default does text zooming, but I would prefer if control and scroll did this instead! This would mean a left click to actually make the selection.
Peter
Zaphod

Post by Zaphod »

maubp wrote:How about a very similar modification (to the tab scroller) that shows the back/forward history for the page currently viewed? i.e. current page is in the middle (about where you clicked) with "back" pages below, and "forward" pages above.

I think this should be done by another extension.

Non-opera people might be happy with right mouse + scroll (and not using the tab scroller)
How about Left mouse + scroll?

Maybe there should be an option to config the mouse-button for TabScroller. But i suggest for default it should be the right mouse-button. I'm using a Trackball and its very hard for me to press the left mouse-button and scroll down\up at the same time.
Zaphod

Post by Zaphod »

LuNaTiC wrote:feature request: first time you press rightmousebutton + scrollwheel, immediately go to another tab then die active when you release it.

Current situation: if you press rightmouse + scrolling, and you release it, you still are on the same tab. I rather have an option to enable it that i go to another tab (but thats rather personal, not everyone may like this).

ACK! This would be a great improvement.
mboullet

Re: Hmm

Post by mboullet »

Ted Mielczarek wrote:I'm wondering if we shouldn't get a bunch of these extensions together (this one, mouse rocker, maybe others) and offer an "Opera Migration Package" of things that Opera users would want. Might get a lot of converts.

I have an aggregated extension working on my new PC.
It includes Mouse Gestures, Rocker Gestures and this one (tab scrolling).
I must first formally request the permission from Joe 4711 to use his code, then use it a few days
and then publish it.
Marc