keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
theflow

Post by theflow »

Is there a way to remap the 'Cycle through Windows" shortcut? This is probably a Mac specific shortcut, because of the application based window handling of Mac OS X. It is mapped to CMD-` which doesn't work on non-english keyboards, so it would be nice to remap this. Basically the same functionality like next and previous tab just for whole browser windows.

thanks
- theflow

Post by ******** »

i noticed that alt+f4 and ctrl+shift+w only close ONE firefox window.

what's the code to exit the application, like emulating click file->exit?
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Code: Select all

goQuitApplication();

Post by ******** »

zeniko wrote:

goQuitApplication();

thank you :)
dorando

Post by dorando »

duke42 wrote:How can I get this to work?
Anything in the JavaScript Console (set javascript.options.showInConsole to true in about:config)?

theflow wrote:Is there a way to remap the 'Cycle through Windows" shortcut? This is probably a Mac specific shortcut, because of the application based window handling of Mac OS X. It is mapped to CMD-` which doesn't work on non-english keyboards, so it would be nice to remap this. Basically the same functionality like next and previous tab just for whole browser windows.
You might be able to set this in <a href="http://www.apple.com/support/mac101/customize/4/#l4">System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse</a>, otherwise you could add a <key> which cycles only through gecko windows:

var ww = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/embedcomp/window-watcher;1"] .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIWindowWatcher);
var windows = ww.getWindowEnumerator();
var first = ww.getWindowEnumerator().getNext();
while(windows.hasMoreElements()) {
  if(windows.getNext() == ww.activeWindow) {
    (windows.getNext() || first).focus();
    return;
  }
}
sirlee

Problem with TAB not working...

Post by sirlee »

I had the same problem as duke42

I solved it.

I enabled javascript.options.showInConsole

I saw that when i pressed the TAB Key it gave me an error about the Proxy Button Tool not being installed.

This tool was not installed anymore, but it still had the TAB Key defined! (This was not visible in keyconfig anymore)

I reinstalled the Proxy Button Extension - The setting became available in keyconfig then and I assigned a different key to it.

Everything is working again now :)

Thank you dorando for this GREAT extension.
duke42

Post by duke42 »

What shall I say... I fired up the console and looked around. Something with ProxyButton, yes, but it was installed here. I tried binding the tab key again and... it just works now. Don't now exactly what happened, but...

btw, if someone wants some code to select the first tab/last tab:
<code>
gBrowser.selectedTab = gBrowser.mTabContainer.firstChild;
gBrowser.selectedTab = gBrowser.mTabContainer.lastChild;
</code>
cu, duke42.
theflow

Post by theflow »

dorando wrote:You might be able to set this in <a href="http://www.apple.com/support/mac101/customize/4/#l4">System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse</a>, otherwise you could add a <key> which cycles only through gecko windows:

var ww = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/embedcomp/window-watcher;1"] .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIWindowWatcher);
var windows = ww.getWindowEnumerator();
var first = ww.getWindowEnumerator().getNext();
while(windows.hasMoreElements()) {
  if(windows.getNext() == ww.activeWindow) {
    (windows.getNext() || first).focus();
    return;
  }
}

wow, that works exactly like I want it to. Thanks a bunch

- theflow
dorando

Post by dorando »

Interesting, <a href="http://proxybutton.mozdev.org/installation.html#0_2_3">ProxyButton 0.2.3</a> does a <code>.setCharPref('keyconfig.main.xxx_key__ProxyButton Switch', '][][][proxybutton_switchProxy();][');</code> if there isn't a <code>keyconfig.main.xxx_key__ProxyButton Switch</code> pref already defined. This will cause keyconfig to add a <key> without modifier, key, or keycode, which will cause that <key> to be triggered on any non-frontend-assigned/non-single-letter key combo.
Jim D

Post by Jim D »

Thanks for the explanation re ProxyButton. In my case, installing ProxyButton 0.2.3 remapped Page-Up and Page-Down (!), to call ProxyButton Switch. Not at all what I wanted. I downgraded to ProxyButton 0.2.2, and now everything is fine.
wrstlprmpft

How to set a second shortcut for an already existing one?

Post by wrstlprmpft »

Hi,

I'd like to change some shortcut without loosing the default one.
How can I create an alternative shortcut, or get at the code of an existing one?

In my case it is "New Tab" which probably is a really easy call.

cheers
dorando

Post by dorando »

wrstlprmpft wrote:[...] get at the code of an existing [shortcut]?
DOM Inspector

wrstlprmpft wrote:In my case it is "New Tab" which probably is a really easy call.
<code>BrowserOpenTab();</code>
wrstlprmpft

Post by wrstlprmpft »

Thanks a lot, worked like a charm.

And it's very nice to be able to find a button's command with the DOMInspector.

Still... :)
I think it would improve keyconfig if an entry could be duplicated easily. (but I also think there should be an 'about:keys' page akin to about:config as a comprehensive shortcut configuration center, so maybe that's not so important ;-)

I am wondering about the commands that already have two shortcuts: they use nice (and identical) displaynames in keyconfig, but do they have different ids internally?
dorando

Post by dorando »

wrstlprmpft wrote:I think it would improve keyconfig if an entry could be duplicated easily.
Likely.

wrstlprmpft wrote:I am wondering about the commands that already have two shortcuts: they use nice (and identical) displaynames in keyconfig, but do they have different ids internally?
Yes (you can <code>Context > Copy the ID</code> or click on the right top corner of the table to show the hidden by default ID column to see them).
echoes

Post by echoes »

i'm sorry if this has been asked before. but i'm having trouble finding an answer with google or this forum.

is there a default hotkey in ff to toggle javascript? because either my javascript (not java) is disabling itself randomly or i'm hitting a hotkey i don't realize. (i'm using trunk nightlies). if there isn't a hotkey for toggling, (i know this extension allows one to create hotkeys), can i create one for toggling javascript? if i can, what code/info do i need to enter?