Official 0.7 RELEASE CANDIDATES for Windows and Linux

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
jrduncans

Post by jrduncans »

(At a minimum) Phoenity Modern and Phoenity Neo themes now kill my back and forward buttons. Back to default theme.
nirvana

aaaagh!

Post by nirvana »

this build (9/25) still has the same problems as other nightlies have had with a page such as http://www.csszengarden.com/?cssfile=/0 ... css&page=0 . also, it just seems to me like all rendering is going slowly! everyone says fb renders really quickly, but so is there something wrong with only my copy for some reason? when i click 'next page' in a topic such as this one, the following page loads up and the light blue-green box containing all the topics slowly expands downward until all of the topics are shown.
Radiowriter

Post by Radiowriter »

I was using the 0926 nightly build and switched. This feels nice.

On Linux I'm not having a problem with the site you linked, nirvana. Loads fine.
Sarcasm - Another service I offer.
Firefox 3.0 :: XP
ehume

Post by ehume »

I'm using the same theme (lynchknot's spheregnome build 2003-09-14) on both the 0.7rc and 2003-09-26 0.7+ builds.

BTW--since there was a 2003-09-23 0.7 build (look at the FTP site), shouldn't the 2003-09-25 0.7 build be rc2?
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.
Warduke

Post by Warduke »

Everything works great. All my extensions are ok and I'm using Phoenity Modern with no problems.
Firefox : One Browser to Rule Them All.
William

Post by William »

The size of the Win32 RC builds are much smaller than the nightlies.
Lost User 15175

Post by Lost User 15175 »

Some benchmarks I've ran with a couple sites I have bookmarked:

http://www.numion.com/Stopwatch/start.h ... net.com%2F

FB 0.7 - 8.12 best of 5. 7.11 when hitting 'reload' best of 5.
FB 0.61 - 8.3 best of 5. 7.5 when hitting 'reload' best of 5

http://www.24fun.com/downloadcenter/ben ... nchjs.html

FB 0.7 - 15.08 - Best of 3
FB 0.61 - 14.18 - Best of 3

While it seems 0.7 got a bit more optimized in the page creation, the javascript seems to have fallen back some.

None of these are goshpal numbers, they are mearly small guidelines to see where your and your browser(s) set with each other. Things like Computer CPU, internet connection, Proxy server, etc will completely scure the results when testing across multiple systems.
Pulsorock

Post by Pulsorock »

Is it just me?
I installed: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20030925 Firebird/0.7
And noticed that I have missing the back and forward buttons and the scrollbar for the pages. Anyone else having this problem?
nirvana

Post by nirvana »

the problems with the page i mentioned.... i described the problem at: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 860#204860
look for my post.
axe11

Re: Works well for me but did encounter one strange thing ..

Post by axe11 »

w_ready99 wrote:I noticed the file before you announced it and it is working great for me, but I did notice one thing. When I installed flash and then it restarted mozilla, it went to macromedia's homepage and my CPU usage went up very high. I changed sites and closed that tab but it still stayed around 50% (on a 2.4 gHZ CPU). I then closed Mozilla and the CPU usage stayed high and MozillaFirebird was still a process running. I ended this process and then started Firebird again and haven't had the problem since (when I close mozilla it's process ends too and no high CPU usage). It seems like it has something to do with installing flash (btw I am using flash click to view and I had installed that before flash and had restarted the browser for flash click to view, so maybe that is involved but I don't dunno).

Windows XP in case it helps.

Will

I can confirm this issue. Have the same here with W2K/SP4. After the Flash7 installer it went bezerk with 100%cpu, after some restarts it went gone. Must be the combination or something, i haven't tested with the Flash6 installer though..
AGSHender

Post by AGSHender »

axe11 wrote:
w_ready99 wrote:I noticed the file before you announced it and it is working great for me, but I did notice one thing. When I installed flash and then it restarted mozilla, it went to macromedia's homepage and my CPU usage went up very high. I changed sites and closed that tab but it still stayed around 50% (on a 2.4 gHZ CPU). I then closed Mozilla and the CPU usage stayed high and MozillaFirebird was still a process running. I ended this process and then started Firebird again and haven't had the problem since (when I close mozilla it's process ends too and no high CPU usage). It seems like it has something to do with installing flash (btw I am using flash click to view and I had installed that before flash and had restarted the browser for flash click to view, so maybe that is involved but I don't dunno).

Windows XP in case it helps.

Will

I can confirm this issue. Have the same here with W2K/SP4. After the Flash7 installer it went bezerk with 100%cpu, after some restarts it went gone. Must be the combination or something, i haven't tested with the Flash6 installer though..

Solution: don't install Flash. :D

But seriously, this is a great build for me. I switched from 2003-09-11 and I'm happy to get all the bugfixes since then AND have the bugs on the trunk that were giving me problems gone...though I suppose they're actually still on the trunk.
Nitin

Post by Nitin »

AGSHender wrote:Solution: don't install Flash. :D
OT: Glad to know I'm not the only one who prefers this solution!
Now someone go tell anandtech.com to stop using flash for benchmarks :D
If you're not using Firefox, you're not surfing the web, you're suffering it.
Join the MZ folding@home team.
Lyx

Post by Lyx »

"burn flash, burn!"

- Lyx
iamnotniles

Post by iamnotniles »

very nice.

I notice also the http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/ page has been updated. Very nice.
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »