[Ext] Hide Tab Bar 1.0dev.2 [2007-02-10]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Geva Zeichner

Post by Geva Zeichner »

"The page display doesn't shift"
What does it do instead?
What extension do you use for putting the bar on the bottom? I'd like to test it.

The code you edited seems suitable for this version. But I'll probebly couldn't use it for the upcoming 0.3 version, as I've rebuilt it and changed all kind of stuff.
Gilad Shalit is Free! Was held captive by terrorists since June 2006 for 1941 days. Was only 19 y/o when kidnapped.

My Extensions:
Hide Tab Bar 1.0dev.2 | IMDb Preview 0.6.2 | Gmail RTL 0.1.1
feather

Post by feather »

I use Tab Mix Plus which allows for the tab bar to be placed at the bottom of the screen.

With the tab bar at the bottom and auto-hide on, when the mouse cursor is at the bottom of the screen, the tab bar simply appears and overlaps the bottom of the webpage. The webpage doesn't shift the way it would when the tab bar is at the top of the page.

Hope version 0.3 does auto-hide when the tab bar is at the bottom of the page too :D
shawn^

Post by shawn^ »

feather wrote:I use Tab Mix Plus which allows for the tab bar to be placed at the bottom of the screen.

With the tab bar at the bottom and auto-hide on, when the mouse cursor is at the bottom of the screen, the tab bar simply appears and overlaps the bottom of the webpage. The webpage doesn't shift the way it would when the tab bar is at the top of the page.

Hope version 0.3 does auto-hide when the tab bar is at the bottom of the page too :D

feather, i'm using ur code but for some reason the tabbar is not re-appearing. It hides fine with your code (it doesn't with the original) but it doesn't re-appear when the mouse is at the bottom of the screen.

Any ideas? I'm using tabmix 0.3
feather

Post by feather »

The mouse has to be at the bottom edge of the browser for the tab bar to pop up again (not the bottom of the screen which would imply the Windows task bar if your browser window is maximized). I've noticed it's a bit "iffy" because you have to really balance the mouse at the bottom edge of the browser window. Ideally, the HideTabBar extension should pop up the tab bar when the mouse is NEAR the top or bottom edge of the browser.

Otherwise, I can't think of a more specific solution to your problem, sorry. I don't have any coding knowledge when it comes to extensions, I only took a look at this one and made a quick fix :D
XanderAll4One

Post by XanderAll4One »

Please make this extension work with Seamonkey-1.0+
bolidew

Post by bolidew »

Is there any downloadable .xpi file which has feather's fix on the autohide problem when TabBar at bottom?
TIA!
Delyrris

Post by Delyrris »

Apparently, I'm the only person in existance who would like an answer to this, but will the autohide ever work with tab mix plus AND with the tabs on the bottom?
Geva Zeichner

Hide Tab Bar 0.2.2

Post by Geva Zeichner »

Version: 0.2.2
Size: 5KB
Date: 2006-09-28
Tested On: Firefox 2.0 RC1
Compatibility: Firefox 1.0 - 2.0.0.*

<a href="http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/extensions/hide_tab_bar/hide_tab_bar-0.2.2-fx.xpi">Install v0.2.2</a>

<a href="viewtopic.php?t=220375">Back to topic's top</a>
<a href="viewtopic.php?t=220375&watch=topic" title="Get this topic's updates. Be the first to know when a new version comes out !">Subscribe this topic !</a>

Changes:
Added FF 2.0 compatibility.
Sorry, no changes in functionality yet.
Last edited by Geva Zeichner on February 9th, 2007, 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gilad Shalit is Free! Was held captive by terrorists since June 2006 for 1941 days. Was only 19 y/o when kidnapped.

My Extensions:
akahige

Post by akahige »

Noticed a very slight glitch in the latest version when used with Cute Menus. The entry in the View menu displays an X when the tab bar is shown. When the tab bar is hidden, the X becomes a check mark. This is backwards from the usual way of doing things.
awedmortal

Post by awedmortal »

in addition to being able to show hide tabbar when it is on the bottom (as previously requested by several...)

i would like to see a hot key for immediately turning on and off the autohide feature. sometime i'd like to have it turned off for 10 or 15 minutes, and then back on again. a hotkey to do this would be a great addition to an essential extension!

thanks for your work on this. ken
riowong

Post by riowong »

Great extension! I'm awaiting for a single toolbar button to enable/disable Hide tab bar...
Geva Zeichner

Hide Tab Bar 1.0dev.0

Post by Geva Zeichner »

Version: 1.0dev.0
Size: 6.75KB
Date: 2007-01-20
Tested On: Firefox 2.0.0.1
Compatibility: Firefox 2.0 - 2.0.0.*

<a href="http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/imdbpreview/Hide_Tab_Bar_1.0dev.0.xpi?download">Install v1.0dev.0</a>

<a href="viewtopic.php?t=220375">Back to topic's top</a>
<a href="viewtopic.php?t=220375&watch=topic" title="Get this topic's updates. Be the first to know when a new version comes out !">Subscribe this topic !</a>

Notes:
Finally, I found the time to work on the new version. Because I've completely re-wrote the extension, I'm jumping to version 1.x instead of 0.3.x.
This is a first "dev" version, for you to test some of the new things while I complete the release. The release lacks some basic things like options window and hot-key toggling. The intention is that you'll focus on testing the listed changes, and the compatibility with other tab-related extensions.

I've started working on this version a long time ago, with some very long breaks, so If you notice any unmentioned changes that I forgot about, please tell me.

Thanks!

Changes:
  • Creating floating effect when in auto-hide mode (optional).
  • Added (optional) pin button to tab bar. Pressing the pin, disables auto-hide.
  • Doesn't auto-hide when there are open pop-up menus.
  • Region to trigger auto-toggle of tab bar is defined by optional top and bottom margins (thus supporting tab-at-bottom).
  • Added an optional delay before show of tab bar.

Known Behaviors:
  • No options window. Temporarily. Use about:config, the prefs are under "extensions.hidetb.".
  • No hot-key support. Temporarily.
  • Floating in maximized window cause a split-second jump of the page.
  • Floating in normal window cause a split-second 1px move of bottom window border. Intentionally done as a workaround of page jumping. Not implemented in maximized mode because it causes the window to restore. Is implemented in full screen mode (doesn't cause restore and can't see the border move). This "hack" is optional.
  • When the tab is at the bottom no float is activated because there's no apparent need for it.
Last edited by Geva Zeichner on February 9th, 2007, 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Extensions:
Syed Kazim

Post by Syed Kazim »

Cool extension! Did you get a site yet for those three extensions?

1. Hide Tab Bar 1.0dev.0
  2. IMDb Preview 0.4a
  3. Gmail RTL 0.1.1
Geva Zeichner

Post by Geva Zeichner »

Thanks! :)

Not a formal one, just some servers for storage. I had one on mozdev for htb, but I stopped using it. I don't really see a need for it, not one that AMO and Mozillazine can't supply me with.

My Extensions:
Syed Kazim

Post by Syed Kazim »

Geva Zeichner wrote:Thanks! :)

Not a formal one, just some servers for storage. I had one on mozdev for htb, but I stopped using it. I don't really see a need for it, not one that AMO and Mozillazine can't supply me with.
Oh, okay!