LCD Clock v0.2 [Feb-12][FF]

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Bloodeye

Post by Bloodeye »

Cato62 wrote:Any chance that when / if you decide to develop this more that you'll add the day / date box that shows up when hovering over the clock like LCD 2.0 does?

I like both clocks, but can't decide which one works best for me. What a dilemma. :lol:

It may be difficult because Flash doesn't support tooltips. I'll try and have some kind of day/date feature though.
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

I was wondering why I hadn't seen you around for a wee while Bloodeye, now I know! I think the lcd clock is really cool, luv it, nice job.

Have you thought about a pop up reminder to work with the alarm and maybe a multiple alarm function? That'd be pretty useful.

Whatever, a really cool start to something that will turn out to be really popular tool.
Cheers,
Keith
zoriv

Post by zoriv »

Bloodeye
When can we expect 24 hours format for LCD clock?
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

What I'd like to know is when Windows plans to make the notification area clock customizable in any even slight way, heh.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
Bloodeye

Post by Bloodeye »

@keithy397 - thx for the suggestions. Will keep them in mind. Not quite sure what you mean by multiple alarm though.
@zoriv - 24 hour format is in latest version 0.2. Look in the options for setting.
@XerBlade - You might be able to do this with Vista...?
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

Bloodeye wrote:@keithy397 - thx for the suggestions. Will keep them in mind. Not quite sure what you mean by multiple alarm though.

Just that you can set the alarm more than once, a reminder type function.
Cheers,
Keith
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

Any way to make this clock compatible with Thunderbird?
LJ
My best friend is my wife!!
Political Realities
Bloodeye

Post by Bloodeye »

keithy397 - I'll have to give some thought on the best way to implement a multiple alarm setting. How many would be enough....unlimited?
DynaBMan - Next release will be compatible for TB.
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

Bloodeye wrote:keithy397 - I'll have to give some thought on the best way to implement a multiple alarm setting. How many would be enough....unlimited?
DynaBMan - Next release will be compatible for TB.

Thanks, Bloodeye. I have been using Fox Clocks and it hasn't given me any trouble, but I like the way your clock looks with a transparent background with Mostly Crystal as my theme. Right now I am using LCD Ultra as my font and #000FF as the color. I have been trying to figure out how to make the pm marker the same color, but I haven't gotten that far yet. Thanks again for the great/hard work you have put into this extension.
LJ
My best friend is my wife!!
Political Realities
menet

Post by menet »

Hi,
I like your FF extension :P

I have a problem with 0.2 version installed : i don't see on the LCD that an alarm is on on the right (i suppose that it works in the past looking images page 1 from zoriv)

May i add some suggestions (several were already on that entry) :
- Option to show also the day / date in the LCD.
- Option to let the alarm flashing till a click is made on the alarm.
- Memorize the last alarm time.
- let the flashing alarm more than one minute (5).
- Turn alarm off by clicking on alarm.
- User selected beep\alarm sounds.
- 2 alarms.
- Option to put it in another bar.

Best regards from France ;)
Uncle Spellbinder

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

Love this extension! Gives the browser a great look. Rounds out Firefox well.

My Firefox Add-Ons Collection: Firefox Essentials
zoriv

Post by zoriv »

Bloodeye wrote:
@zoriv - 24 hour format is in latest version 0.2. Look in the options for setting.

Thank you Bloodeye.
My advice: Anything you add or change will be reduntant. Just adjust it to be compatible with TB.
Good luck.
zoriv

Post by zoriv »

DynaBMan wrote:
I have been trying to figure out how to make the pm marker the same color, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

I'm afraid you can't make any changes, because pm marker is an image.
zoriv

Post by zoriv »

Why do some people needlessly expand the theme of this topic.Everybody of them want their desires to be realised in this small and nice extension.
My opinion is that Bloodyeye's idea was just to make cute LCD clock without reminders,different alarms, dates, days... etc. There are an other extensions for this purpose.
I'm quite agreed with Uncle Spellbinder comment: "Gives the browser a great look. Rounds out Firefox well. "
For all an other features, You are welcome to visit the Firefox Extensions and The Extensions Mirror and you can find all you need .
I know, there will be some verbal attacks to me , so that's why I prior apologize if somebody find him/herself offended with my comment.
If the author, Bloodyeye has ambitions to satisfy all these desires I am retiring my comment.
Last edited by zoriv on February 26th, 2006, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

zoriv wrote:Why do some people needlessly expand the theme of this topic.

Because, old son, that's what these forums are for.

Everybody chips in constructively with their ideas and out of that, hopefully, something really good comes out of the other end. See?

@Bloodeye, nice extension. PM me if you want some ideas on the graphics side of things.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)