"Reply All" warning

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Kanismajor

"Reply All" warning

Post by Kanismajor »

Is there some way to ask me whether I really want to use "Reply All" in case I hit it by mistake, which I've done?
Handle With Care

Post by Handle With Care »

Don't understand why that's a problem. You have two options:

1) Delete the addressees you don't want; or

2) Copy the text, delete the composition, and hit Reply and paste the text.

I do that on occasion and only takes a few seconds. It's like typing in the Quick Reply window here instead of pressing Reply button here, which I find awfully confusing.
AMD A8-3800 APU Radion HD Graphics 2.40 GHz; 64-bit Win-7 SP1 Home Premium w/latest patches; Fx 91.0.1 (64-bit); Tb 92.0B3(64bit)
EFnet oper irc.Prison.NET
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

You could probably right click on the toolbar, select Customize and drag one or the other and seperate them more. Like maybe place Forward between them.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Try clicking on Reply All with a message that was addressed to 50 people. Takes a long time to clean up that puppy.

Personally, I used Customize and moved the damned Reply All button clear off my toolbar. I figure if I ever need it I can move it back, but so far I haven't missed it.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

^^lol...actually, I put a space between the buttons to seperate them but now that you mentioned dragging it off I never use it either. BAM...it's gone.