GMail Chat Alert 0.3.0 (Audible alert for GMail chat)

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
NetOne

GMail Chat Alert 0.3.0 (Audible alert for GMail chat)

Post by NetOne »

The newly roll-out GMail Chat is great for me. But one thing that's annoying for me is that there is no sound alert when new message has arrived. That's why this extension, GMail Chat Alert is made.

Currently the only feature is to alert by sound when you have new messages. It's very simple and in its early development (although I think GMail will implement such feature one day, but I will keep make it working before that). Please try it and notify me (mailto:?subject=&body=) of any bug you found! Thanks!

Newest version: 0.3.0

ChangeLog (0.3.0)
  1. An option dialog is added to allow users select their own audio file for message alerting.

ChangeLog (0.2.1):
  1. Bug fix: Messages from contract using Google Talk will not be alerted. (Messages from contract using Google Talk will have the "chatindex" attribute always set as "undefined". So I need to use the old ways for detection of new messages for such contacts.)

ChangeLog (0.2.0):
  1. The "chatindex" attribute for each message is used to fix the bug that there will always an alert if you pop-out the chat window when there are received messages!
  2. When you have several gmail pages simultaneously open in browser tabs or windows there will be only one sound bell when you got new messsages!

Download address:
http://download.mozdev.org/click2tab/gchatalert.xpi
Last edited by NetOne on February 26th, 2006, 5:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
NetOne

Post by NetOne »

GMail Chat Alert 0.0.2 is available!

The new version will support GMail Chat with https access!

New download address:
Jus

Post by Jus »

Is there a changelog for 0.3
NetOne

Post by NetOne »

Some part of the code is improved is version 0.0.3. But no noticeable improvement, so I let it updated quietly. :)

Actually the extension has already been updated to version 0.1.0. But I don't have access to my cvs account temporarily. So I can't change the update.rdf file for user update notification till tomorrow. But version 0.1.0 has already been submmitted and you can get it now:

ChangeLog in version 0.1.0:
  1. The method used for detecting new messages has been greatly improved. This version should be a stable one and works quite well. :)

All users are recommended to update to this version!
NetOne

Post by NetOne »

Version 0.2.0 is just released to fix the bug when you "pop-out" the chat window.
NetOne

Post by NetOne »

Version 0.2.1 is just released to fix the bug that messages sent from Google Talk will not get alerted.
Jus

Post by Jus »

You update fast. :)
NetOne

Post by NetOne »

In other words, it means that this extension is not very stable currently. Every bug fix has the possibility of introducing new buges. :)
Anyway, version 0.3.0 will be released soon with an option dialog for users to select customized alert audio. :)
NetOne

Post by NetOne »

Version 0.3.0 is out. Please try it! :)
Jus

Post by Jus »

Have you any idea where i can find the icq 'uh oh' sound file?
miji2

Post by miji2 »

Just a suggestion .. for those of us "audio-challanged" (ie. no soundcard) .. I'd suggest an alert option which shows a message in a sliding window on the bottom right corner ( a la Gmail Notifier, Gmail Manager, or ScrapBook capture notify).

thx

miji2
aaylnx

Post by aaylnx »

miji2 wrote:Just a suggestion .. for those of us "audio-challanged" (ie. no soundcard) .. I'd suggest an alert option which shows a message in a sliding window on the bottom right corner ( a la Gmail Notifier, Gmail Manager, or ScrapBook capture notify).

thx

miji2

I whole heartedly agree. If you are at all considering this feature, please let me add my vote for it.

Thanks for all the great work.

Adam York
CharlesD

Post by CharlesD »

Where do I download this. Links no worky.
Aztec13

I was Thrilled to find this, but my Firefox isnt compatible.

Post by Aztec13 »

Please hurry and update.
COKEDUDE

Re: GMail Chat Alert 0.3.0 (Audible alert for GMail chat)

Post by COKEDUDE »

Is this not gonna be updated anymore?