Thunderbird does not show all my Folders on my account (imap

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
MADHOUND

Thunderbird does not show all my Folders on my account (imap

Post by MADHOUND »

First I changed from IE to Firefox, and everything just works so much better I decided to change from Outlook Express to Thunderbird. Everything is working fine, except: I am using 2 different e-mail accounts with Thunderbird, both are imap. The other is working just right, the way it should but on the other I only see the "Inbox" folder. I know there's lots of other folders on that account too (as I used it with Outlook Express), and I checked that they're not just "gone" from webmail but for some reason they are not showing in Thunderbird. Anyone know what might help?
MADHOUND

Post by MADHOUND »

Thunderbird showed them at first, right after I had installed it, but not anymore.
MADHOUND

Post by MADHOUND »

Getting real annoying, I've tried pretty much everything.
Too Sophisticated
The Sweet Kings Of Rock And Roll

Post by Guest »

I just had the same thing happen to me today....about 20 folders with 3-4 months worth of e-mails all of a sudden, I cannot find.......HELP!!!
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Tools -> account settings -> server settings -> advanced -> imap -> "show only subscribed folders" is checked by default. Either uncheck it or subscribe the remaining folders.

If that doesn't help, browse http://kb.mozillazine.org/IMAP:_advance ... figuration

Post by Guest »

Where is this IMAP in this stream above? I go to tools, account settings, server settings, advanced, and then I have one of two options---SMTP or POP settings...there is no IMAP??????? Help??
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Anonymous wrote:Where is this IMAP in this stream above? I go to tools, account settings, server settings, advanced, and then I have one of two options---SMTP or POP settings...there is no IMAP??????? Help??

You choose POP or IMAP when you first set up the account in TBird. After it's been set up, your settings will be for [either POP or IMAP] and [SMTP].
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers

Post by Guest »

I just had this problem. 2 imap accounts like you, the second one only showed the inbox but the default one was fine. The default mail server is UW-IMAP and the second account is hosted by dbmail imap server. I'm running Thunderbird 1.5 of OS X.

I was able to go into the Advanced section of the Server Settings and then noticed that the second account had the "IMAP server directory" field set to "~mail/", which is a setting that applies only to the account on the UW-IMAP account, not the dbmail account. I deleted this and everything seems to be OK again.
MADHOUND

Post by MADHOUND »

tanstaafl wrote:Tools -> account settings -> server settings -> advanced -> imap -> "show only subscribed folders" is checked by default. Either uncheck it or subscribe the remaining folders.

If that doesn't help, browse http://kb.mozillazine.org/IMAP:_advance ... figuration

Unchecking it did it for me, now all the folders are showing. Thanks a lot :)
Too Sophisticated
The Sweet Kings Of Rock And Roll