[Ext] Download Manager Tweak extension

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
echoes

Post by echoes »

hope this is the right spot for a possible bug report. i couldn't seem to find any other place to post about bugs. i'm running ff 1.5 and using dl manager tweak 0.7.1. (this didn't happen with the previous version of dl manager tweak). but i have the option set for it to open in a new window, and i have the option for the toolbar to be on the bottom disabled. but the problem is cosmetic only, but kinda annoying. the toolbar is on the top AND on the bottom of the window. (i want it on the top only). i tried uninstalling the extension and i think i also deleted the dl manager tweak folder in my profile-->extensions folder, reinstalled it, but i still have the problem. i didn't see anyone else reporting this. has anyone else experienced this?

edit: i did a clean install of 1.6a1 and still had the same problem, but i didn't install a couple of extensions this time around, and the problem is gone, so i suspect it was caused by a conflict with another extension.

update: i have this problem with trunk again, it started quite a while back. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060206 Firefox/1.6a1 ID:2006020606
Last edited by echoes on February 6th, 2006, 6:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
breyed

Cell height does not account for DPI

Post by breyed »

Bug report (sorry if this is the wrong place): the height of each cell in the download manager seems to be assuming the system DPI is set to 96. I run at DPI 120, and the second line text ("Done", "Canceled", etc.) bleeds into the next cell below.

Platform: Windows XP (set to 120 DPI (under Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced > General)); Firefox 1.5; Download Manager Tweak 0.7.1
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

I don't know if this is an outdated thread or not, but here's a request:

I'd like the 'from' field to only show the last characters of the address instead of the beginnning.

Instead of "c:\documents and settings...", I'd like something like "...documents\downloads".
webenerds

Download Manager 0.7.1

Post by webenerds »

I've used download manager with version 1.0.7 with no problems and loved it. The sidebar download manager has been indispensable. Now that I've upgraded to Firefox 1.5 I have trouble installing the extension. Here is the error I receive upon reboot of browser:

Firefox could not install this item because of a failure in Chrome Registration. Please contact the author about this problem.

Why am I getting this and how can I fix it?
comatzd

Post by comatzd »

I'm not sure if it's possible, but I have a suggestion/request.

I download quite a few files which I immediately open (zip or setup programs). After I have used the file I generally delete it. It would be awesome if I could delete the actual file from the DL Manager, rather than having to open the folder it is in and deleting it from there.
Danno
echoes

Post by echoes »

comatzd wrote:I'm not sure if it's possible, but I have a suggestion/request.

I download quite a few files which I immediately open (zip or setup programs). After I have used the file I generally delete it. It would be awesome if I could delete the actual file from the DL Manager, rather than having to open the folder it is in and deleting it from there.

i'll second that. it'd be sweet if this could eventually evolve into an opera-like dl manager, that is the one big gripe i had about ff, the crappy built in dl manager, opera's is l33t.
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Oh yeah, it's always annoying when I (and this happens very, very often with me) just want to run a file once from within Firefox (and it's one of those cases where hitting Open instead of Save won't do the trick (you know, for example... well first thing that comes to mind is theme files)) and then delete it, and I have to open the folder to do it (for simplicity, I always download such short-term files to the desktop, just in case I forget to get rid of it before I clear it from the download manager).
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
cricketmilki

a couple of things

Post by cricketmilki »

Has issues with Flock Theme like the Download button in the Download Manager is only half shown (it's the same button as reload)

Also can you add an option for changing for background colour in Downloads.

P.S. Can you update your other extensions as well like eReader and Smart Middle Click Please
Even the greatest fool can accomplish a task if it were after his or her heart. But the intelligent ones are those who can convert every work into one that suits their taste.

http://www.vivekananda.org/quotes.aspx
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

Please add an option to disable the context menu item "Add Link to Download Queue..." I have been going through all extension and getting rid of extensions or modifying their options to reduce Tools and context menu clutter. It would be nice if I could simply disable the aforementioned in Download Manager Tweak instead of removing the extension altogether. Thanks
RaiseMachine

Post by RaiseMachine »

C@rb0n wrote:Please add an option to disable the context menu item "Add Link to Download Queue..." I have been going through all extension and getting rid of extensions or modifying their options to reduce Tools and context menu clutter. It would be nice if I could simply disable the aforementioned in Download Manager Tweak instead of removing the extension altogether. Thanks

Try adding this to your userChrome.css file:

Code: Select all

#context-queuelink { display: none !important; }
"Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit... unnatural ?" - Bill Hicks
"Money is the Schrodinger's Cat of economics." - Robert Anton Wilson
"It's not a bug, it's two features having a fight in the pub car-park." - Me
endsville

Post by endsville »

any updates for 1.5.0.1? Firefox doesn't seem to like the extension and disables it... Says it's not compatible with 1.5.0.1... =(

edit: nevermind.. it seems that I thought I had updated it (autoupdates and all) but I had version .66 installed... manually updated to .7.1 and it works fine...
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

Thanks, RaiseMachine. That did the trick, but sill would be nice if it was a feature of the extension.
notrix

Post by notrix »

Hello,

support for the Mac OS X would be awesome. Currently the icons in the download window are cut off, though general usability is not hindered.

Thanks!
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; de; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060111 Firefox/1.5.0.1
Thunderbird 1.5 (20051201) Mac OS X
Powerbook 12'', 1.5 GHz, 1.25 GB RAM
Rodrigo Bergmann Laurindo

pt-BR (Brazilian Portuguese)

Post by Rodrigo Bergmann Laurindo »

Why don't you put this extension at Babelzilla?

This is the Brazilian Portuguese dtd translation, I don't know where to post it:

<!ENTITY cmd.retry.tooltip "Baixar este arquivo novamente">
<!ENTITY cmd.launch.label "Executar">
<!ENTITY cmd.launch.accesskey "x">
<!ENTITY cmd.launch.tooltip "Abrir este arquivo">
<!ENTITY cmd.start.label "Baixar">
<!ENTITY cmd.start.accesskey "B">
<!ENTITY cmd.openfolder.label "Abrir pasta">
<!ENTITY cmd.openfolder.accesskey "P">
<!ENTITY cmd.show.tooltipWin "Abrir este arquivo no Explorer">
<!ENTITY cmd.cleanUp.label "Limpar">
<!ENTITY cmd.cleanUp.accesskey "A">
<!ENTITY cmd.cleanUp.tooltip "Remover downloads completos, cancelados ou falhados da lista">
<!ENTITY cmd.options.label "Opções">
<!ENTITY cmd.options.accesskey "O">
<!ENTITY paused.label "Pausado">
<!ENTITY progress.label "Progresso">
<!ENTITY pref.dm.label "Download Manager Tweak">
<!ENTITY pref.description.label "Configurar a extensão Download Manager Tweak.">
<!ENTITY pref.options.label "Opções do Download Manager Tweak">
<!ENTITY pref.window "Janela do Gerenciador de Downloads">
<!ENTITY pref.openwindow "Abrir em uma janela separada">
<!ENTITY pref.opensidebar "Abir no painel">
<!ENTITY pref.opentab "Abrir em uma aba">
<!ENTITY pref.buttons "Selecione os botões que você deseja ver na barra de ferramentas">
<!ENTITY pref.other "Opções Avançadas">
<!ENTITY pref.bottomtoolbar "Exibir a barra de ferramentas na parte de baixo da janela.">
<!ENTITY pref.tabBackground "Carregar a aba do Gerenciador de Downloads em background.">
<!ENTITY pref.tabBusyIcon "Exibir ícone ocupado na aba do Gerenciador de Downloads se os downloads estiverem ativos.">
<!ENTITY pref.showAlertOnComplete "Exibir um alerta quando todos os downloads terminarem.">
<!ENTITY pref.showWhenStarting.label "Abrir o Gerenciador de Downloads após uma demora de">
<!ENTITY filesSavedTo.label "Todos os arquivos baixados em:">
<!ENTITY showFolder.label "Exibir esta Pasta">
<!ENTITY status.label "Status">
<!ENTITY date.label "Data">
<!ENTITY from.label "De">
<!ENTITY to.label "Para">
<!ENTITY transferred.label "Transferido">
<!ENTITY queueLinkCmd.label "Adicionar Link para a Fila de Downloads...">
<!ENTITY queueLinkCmd.accesskey "F">
<!ENTITY pref.queue.label "Fila de Downloads">
<!ENTITY pref.maxConcurrentDownloads "Número máximo de downloads ativos na fila:">
<!ENTITY pending.label "Aguardando...">
paraver

Post by paraver »

It would be nice if renaming was able just before saving.

Thanks.
-= paraver =- PT