Toolbar Enhancements 0.15

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
clav

Post by clav »

would anyone like to be able to add toolbars below the tab bar? (Opera-style)
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

Yeah, that would be nice. interesting place to put the url bar :)

EDIT: Y'know, with all the possible places to put these damn things now, maybe it would be easier to be able to drag them about like a widget, exept putting them on the palette deletes them. This would be a much easier way of getting them into place, above/below other toolbars (including the tab bar) to the left, right or bottom.
ehume

Post by ehume »

Nice work indeed. One little thing: there is no tooltip for the Cookies button.

What I love about the tab bar button is this: if your tab bar disappears (as mine does) when you have only one tab, the button on the tab bar disappears too! Very cool.
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

I personally cannot think of a situation where this would be helpful, but whatever floats your boat :)
clav

0.7.1 with Stop/Reload button

Post by clav »

TychoQuad wrote:EDIT: Y'know, with all the possible places to put these damn things now, maybe it would be easier to be able to drag them about like a widget, exept putting them on the palette deletes them. This would be a much easier way of getting them into place, above/below other toolbars (including the tab bar) to the left, right or bottom.

you mean like i suggested about 2 pages back? ;)

combined Stop/Reload button is done. it could do with an extra icon for when it is on the customisation palette though.

http://downloads.mozdev.org/clav/toolba ... t0.7.1.xpi

looks like it's going to be an hour before it's on the dl mirrors. and 2 of them havn't even got v0.7 yet :(
Last edited by clav on September 29th, 2003, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clav

Post by clav »

ehume wrote:Nice work indeed. One little thing: there is no tooltip for the Cookies button.

well there was going to be one, but the tooltiptext attribute from the button was being inherited by the menuitems, which wasn't good. i tried giving them all a tooltiptext="" attribute, but that annoyingly results in an empty tooltip, not no tooltip at all.

What I love about the tab bar button is this: if your tab bar disappears (as mine does) when you have only one tab, the button on the tab bar disappears too! Very cool.

glad you like it. i personally find autohiding tab bars v. annoying
TychoQuad

Re: 0.7.1 with Stop/Reload button

Post by TychoQuad »

clav wrote:you mean like i suggested about 2 pages back? ;)

Yeah, only I said it better :)
Paradox52525

Post by Paradox52525 »

Very very nice ^_^. I love being able to put stuff on the Tabbar, I don't know why no one thought to do something like this before. It also lets me put the the three sidebar toggle buttons that this extension adds on the right side of the tabbar just above where the sidebar will appear (I have my sidebar on the right of course). Very nice. Thanks a lot clav.
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

It has been requested before, it's just that there's never been an extension maker around to hear the call. I myself have requested it on a number of occasions, the developer's excuse has always been "but the tabbar is not a toolbar" and I'm like "well, lets make it a toolbar" and I never hear back.

I'm just glad clav heard me :)

on that note, clav, please make the statubar a toolbar! :P
clav

Post by clav »

on that note, clav, please make the statubar a toolbar!

i've already said that i'll try and do that, and you replied to that post. there is no point asking for it again.
Last edited by clav on October 1st, 2003, 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
clav

Post by clav »

v0.8a is done: http://downloads.mozdev.org/clav/toolba ... xt0.8a.xpi

adds support for toolbars below the tab bar

they currently don't remember their mode or iconsize though :(
bdeonline

Post by bdeonline »

I haven't kept up with this extention in awhile but it seems to be developing greatly.

I have a request but am unsure if it would go with this extension well maybe better with TBE.
I would like to be able to put the new tab button back on the tabbar like the Mozilla Suite has it.
Paradox52525

Post by Paradox52525 »

Uhm...if you read the thread you'd realize this extension already lets you do that ^_^. In fact there's a screenshot of it.
bdeonline

Post by bdeonline »

Cool I will give a try, clav read my mind. Or at least someone did.
ehume

Post by ehume »

I tried out the new stop/reload button. It works well. I love how it changes its appearance when a page is loading. Very nice, Mr. Clavering.
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.