[Ext] superT 0.7.9 - tab browsing extension for Fx&Flock

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.

What feature do you want most?

Option to select left tab after closing
6%
Compatibility with latest Firefox trunk builds
44%
Support for Firefox's new tab bar scroll buttons
31%
More tab clicking options
19%

Total votes: 16

[Ext] superT 0.7.9 - tab browsing extension for Fx&Flock

Post by ******** »

superT. tab browsing reloaded.
a tabbed browsing extension for Firefox and Flock!

It's a good replacement for many of the features of Tab Mix Plus, which doesn't work with Flock or the latest Firefox dev builds yet.

get it here: superT 0.7.9
superT 0.7.9 (en-us only version)

See new, updated screenshots on UMO!

superT was recently chosen as one of the top 25 extensions you didn't know you needed.

Main Features:
- Tab Clicking Options, Tab Bar Options
- Undo Close Tab, Duplicate Tab
- Tab Picker, New Tab Button
- Tab Overflow Menus, Multi-Row Tab Bar
- and more!

release notes:
Starting with version 0.7.7, there will be an en-us only installer and a int'l installer.
Since locales take time to collect, the en-us only installer will always be released first.

changelog from 0.7.7 to 0.7.8:
- bug fix: inconsistent prefs applying behavior

for the complete version history, see the detailed changelog.

if you have superT 0.3.12.1 or higher installed, click 'find updates'.
hopefully it will say 'update now'. click it to automatically update to the latest version.

To enable the 'No close buttons on each tab' hidden feature:
Add the following code either to userChrome.css, or, if you have Stylish, as a style:

Code: Select all

@import "chrome://supert/content/noclosebuttons.css";

before installing superT, you should disable or uninstall the following extensions if you have them installed:
superT covers almost all of the features found in the following extensions and more!
- Tab Clicking Options, undoclosetab, FLST, Tabs Open Relative, minit, No Tab Close, Tab No X, and Too Many Tabs!

enjoy! :D
Last edited by ******** on June 29th, 2006, 12:20 pm, edited 62 times in total.
Recall

Post by Recall »

Cant install, link is dead :(

I have an idea before i even tested it though lol. An option for right click and tab scroll, implemented the same way as AOI gestures navigate through tabs option?

Edit > Ok its working and very nice. Good options window that is easy to understand. No bugs.... yet:P
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0

Post by ******** »

thanks, the link should work now.

i don't quite understand what you mean though. could you clarify?

btw, this is just an initial release. i still have to make the preferences window include all the features.
so far only Tab Clicking Options in the the preferences window.
and currently, the only way you can enable/disable FLST is with F9 (not good UI).
and you can't disable Tabs Open Relative at all.

Note that superT also includes a duplicate tab shortcut, which was in the original Tab Clicking Options, which much of my code is based off of.

Only en-us so far. If anyone wants to make more locales, be my guest.
I'll set that up once I complete all the coding.
so far it's just a couple extensions packed into one.
Recall

Post by Recall »

Ok best way to explain is for you to install AIO Gestures. Then go to the options window and under scroll wheel navigation tick the navigate through tabs button. Now open a few tabs, right click on the main window and a list of tabs comes up, you can then scroll with the mouse wheel.

I have high hopes for this extension :D
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0

Post by ******** »

oh, i see.

hmm, i wasn't planning that feature, but who knows...
i'm a first-time extension developer so the code for that will take sometime to do.
remind about that feature after i come out with a 0.2 release.
next release will be 0.1.1 if i just have time to add the prefs window.
it'll be 0.2 if i also have time to add Too many tabs!'s overflow menus feature to the extension.

i'm a high school sophomore so homework and extracurriculars take up a lot of my time.
but no school this monday so i'll see what i can do.
Recall

Post by Recall »

No prob will give ya a nudge. Been testing it and so far have come across no bugs still. Usually I find them in the first hour or so of use.

Post by ******** »

the tab bar shortcuts don't work in Flock (version 0.5.x) for some reason.
only the tab shortcuts work.
i even tried adding padding to the sides of the tab bar.

Post by ******** »

superT 0.1.1 has been released!

Changelog from 0.1 to 0.1.1:
<li>completed prefs window (prefs window now covers all features)
<li>some code cleanup
Recall

Post by Recall »

Nice update, bump for a good extension :)

Post by ******** »

superT 0.2 has been released!

Changes from 0.1.1 to 0.2:
<li>improved prefs window
<li>bug fixes for prefs window
<li>added pref to choose which undoclosetab function to use
(if it's set to true, superT will use its built-in undoclosetab function; if it's set to false, superT will use whatever undoclosetab function it finds, if there is one; for example, Session Manager has its own undoclosetab function)

Overflow menus has now been bumped to at least version 0.4 because i'm having difficulties with the overlay.

Post by ******** »

superT 0.3.1 has been released!

Changelog:
0.3.1 - Feature Set 1 Complete
<li>change pref names to be consistent
<li>make more strings localizable
<li>major code cleanup
<li>give credit to contributors in code where applicable
<li>add license
<li>major bug fix for tab bar clicking shortcuts
<li>- tab bar shortcuts should now work completely
<li>added some code from Too Many Tabs!
<li>- updated contributors list
<li>- added tab overflow menus feature
<li>- added tab picker feature
<li>- added set minimum tab width feature
<li>some more code cleanup
<li>added Features list to about window
<li>made some site changes
<li>- updated Future Features list
<li>- added Known Issues list

Post by ******** »

I'm done including all the features I had originally planned to include when I set out to write this extension.
What would you like to see in the next couple versions of superT?

What I'm planning for superT 0.4 so far:
<li>Make everything except alert strings localizable (the alert strings are harder to do)
<li>Add ctrl-click link opens link in background tab (would somebody show me how to do this?)
What I'm planning for superT 0.5 so far:
<li>Prefs that currently require restart should be able to instant apply
<li>‘Restore Defaults’ should restore defaults for ‘General’ features too
<li>Add multi-row tab bar but only if someone wants it
Recall

Post by Recall »

Just a little reminder for a tabscroller as ya suggested. Suprised nobody is taking notice of this.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Recall wrote:Suprised nobody is taking notice of this.

I suppose that's because everybody and their dog already do have a tabbed browsing extension installed (well, except for the millions who've never heard of tabbed browsing and the few who've written their own extension but won't publish it because there's simply no market for yet-another-tabbed-browsing-extension).

My other theory is that this forum isn't the best place for advertising extensions any longer. Around November 04, when Firefox 1.0 was quite the hype, there were was a lot going on here as new extensions kept popping up every day. But now the people here all have mostly fulfilled their needs and you'd rather publish the extension on AMO in order to get to the not-that-experimental convertites.

And finally, I don't see yet what functionality this extension provides which you can't get somewhere else (TMP has all of it, and a combination of TBP, TCO, TMT and UCT does most of it). So this extension is mostly for folks who'd like to use TMP (an all-in-one extension), but can't because they're using Flock. Except that I haven't seen many Flock users around here...

No offense, I'm sure this extension is good and getting better every day, but don't be too disappointed if you don't get the user base of TBP or even TMP. It surely is a good way of getting into extension coding and allows you to get precisely what you (and maybe a few others) need. I'm also using some extensions I've adapted/extended/rewritten, but most of them never are published here (old Crash Recovery being the exception).

Anyway, good luck with this project.
Recall

Post by Recall »

zeniko, yes I agree there are alot of tab extensions out there. However one such as TMP has become to complex and bloated with a zillion features that are not gonna get used or at least rarely. I personally was looking for an extension just like this ( almost posted a request for one ). I just wanted some slightly more advanced preferences to the built in one. This extension does just that, and I hope he adds the tabscoller part as its not something other tab only extensions seem to have implemented.

Personally I am very grateful for his effort.