How to select/delete multiple items in the History on a Mac?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

How to select/delete multiple items in the History on a Mac?

Post by Guest »

I'm using the Mac version of Firefox.

I'm trying to delete items from the History. I want to know how to select multiple items for deletion. I would like to know

1) how to select multiple non-consecutive items
2) how to select multiple consecutive items
3) how to delete them from the History

Thanks!
trolly

Post by trolly »

In any case you can delete entries with CTRL-DEL in the open dropdown list. Use the cursor keys to navigate.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.

Post by Guest »

Trolly: I appreciate the effort, but it doesn't really answer my question. Deleting one-by-one is very time-consuming. Does anyone have an answer?
trolly

Post by trolly »

Ok, i think this is better:
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/m ... on=firefox
For the history, open the history in the sidebar. As far as i know you can edit the history here.

PS: Don't know if the extension supports 1.0.1. Maybe an older release. You should upgrade at least to 1.0.7 due to security leaks.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.

Post by Guest »

Gee, you know, thanks for trying again, but that doesn't solve my problem either.

What I am trying to do is simultaneously select more than one item in the History list (for deletion). I have not figured out how to select more than one item at once.

I know that on a Windows machine you can hold Shift to select multiple consecutive items in a list, and that you can hold Control to add individual non-consecutive items to the group. I am trying to find out how to do this on a Mac. This might be more of a Mac question than a Firefox question, but if anyone knows the answer, I would REALLY appreciate hearing it. Thanks!
trolly

Post by trolly »

This does not work in the windows version either. It is a dropdown box, not a list box. The function you mean is supported by list boxes only.

Post by Guest »

Actually, what I see is a box, at the left of the browser window, that is part of the browser window. It has individual items that may be highlighted and selected. The items in this box may be displayed by Date and Site, Site, Date, Most Visited or Last Visited. Items may be deleted one by one. This box does not drop down from anything. It seems to be a list box.

I am still seeking an answer to my original question, at the top. Thanks!
trolly

Post by trolly »

No, the history in the sidebar is a tree view. SHIFT-CLICK opens in a new tab, CTRL-CLICK in a new window. So the function you are looking for is not implemented.

Post by Guest »

Interesting. I would love it if it were made possible to select and delete multiple non-consecutive, as well as multiple consecutive items from the History. Where would I go to suggest this feature?
trolly

Post by trolly »

Either FF features as a permanent feature or Extension for an addon. The other way is to write a bug but i guess it will not draw much attention.

Re: How to select/delete multiple items in the History on a Mac?

Post by Guest »

wow. this forum didnt help me at all.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Well, it might if you didn't bump such an old (from March 2006) thread.
If you have a problem, please start a new topic.
Locking this relic.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
SK.

Post by SK. »

Actually, if you think about it, this forum did help. You have been told that the functionality you seek is not available natively in Firefox. It could potentially be accomplished by an extension or other add-on.
John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13