[Theme] Phoenity Modern

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Kuden

[Theme] Phoenity Modern

Post by Kuden »

This theme is one of the Phoenity Variants originally created by Lim Chee Aun based on the SeaMonkey Modern theme.
This theme can be downloaded from Firefox Add-ons.

I'm poor at English. Please use simple English when you contact me. If you show me the screenshot, I become easy to understand what you want to say.
Last edited by Kuden on June 11th, 2009, 8:13 am, edited 52 times in total.
Extremus0294

Post by Extremus0294 »

I installed this great theme you made (reminds me of Netscape), Phoenity Modern 0.5.20051129 over the last version of the theme which was incompatible with Firefox 1.5. What happened is, the theme installed without a hitch and worked perfectly, but I have two entries of Phoenity in my theme folder. One of the entry is the real deal (with preview and works fine) but the other entry that was made in the theme folder was a 'fake', it only has the words Phoenity Modern 0.5.20051129 but has no preview image and is a completely useless entry in the theme folder. I can leave this entry alone and it doesn't matter (no stability problems, etc). However, it is a constant eyesore when I bring up the theme folder. Any suggestions? I can't uninstall the 'fake' entry cause this option is not available (bolded). The only option is make compatible (which does not do anything!), browse directory and copy GUID. I browsed the install directory but I couldn't figure out which is the folder this theme is installed in. I know I have to do this removal manually, but I have no idea where to find the install location of this theme. Your help is much appreciated! Keep up the good work with this theme!
Kuden

Post by Kuden »

Perhaps, it is a bug of the Theme Manager.
The certainty is to make a new profile.
Other somewhat risky methods exist, too. Trying at your own risk
  1. Back up your profile before work.
  2. All the expansions and themes are enabled.
  3. Exit Firefox.
  4. The '{8181B740-5255-11D9-9FF6-0090995D2DCA}' directory and 'tmp' directory in 'extensions' directory that exists in the profile are deleted.
  5. Extensions.rdf and extensions.ini that exists in the profile are deleted.
  6. When Firefox is started, extensions and themes are recognized again.
  7. Phoenity Modern is installed again.
Extremus0294

Post by Extremus0294 »

Kuden wrote:Perhaps, it is a bug of the Theme Manager.
The certainty is to make a new profile.
Other somewhat risky methods exist, too. Trying at your own risk
  1. Back up your profile before work.
  2. All the expansions and themes are enabled.
  3. Exit Firefox.
  4. The '{8181B740-5255-11D9-9FF6-0090995D2DCA}' directory and 'tmp' directory in 'extensions' directory that exists in the profile are deleted.
  5. Extensions.rdf and extensions.ini that exists in the profile are deleted.
  6. When Firefox is started, extensions and themes are recognized again.
  7. Phoenity Modern is installed again.
Thank you very much! When Firefox recognised the themes and extensions, the 'fake' entry in the theme folder was removed!
Strephon Alkhalikoi

Post by Strephon Alkhalikoi »

A second bug.

I have a custom throbber (the old mozilla logo) and every time I update Phoenity Modern, it overrides my custom throbber settings in UserChrome.css. I did get it working after the last update, but I don't recall what I did. Is this a default, or as I suspect it to be, a bug?
There is a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
Kuden

Post by Kuden »

It is not a bug. The design change is your own risk.

The throbber design of this theme is my original code.
This theme supports two kinds of the throbber designs by a default.
It is shown this is to be able to change the throbber design of this theme easily.
Please arrange three files that generated by extracting the following zip file in the chrome directory of your profile directory.
  • zip file (remove)
Last edited by Kuden on April 16th, 2008, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strephon Alkhalikoi

Post by Strephon Alkhalikoi »

Whoa! Hold it!!

I am fully aware of the negligible risk involved in utilizing a custom throbber and do not appreciate the implication that I am somehow to blame for your theme not recognizing replacement throbbers. In fact, here is the relevant portion of my UserChrome.css.

/* Custom Throbber */
toolbar[mode="text"] #navigator-throbber { list-style-image: url("throbber16-single.gif") !important; }
toolbar[mode="text"] #navigator-throbber[busy="true"] { list-style-image: url("throbber16-anim.gif") !important; }

toolbar[iconsize="small"] #navigator-throbber { list-style-image: url("throbber24-single.gif") !important; }
toolbar[iconsize="small"] #navigator-throbber[busy="true"] { list-style-image: url("throbber24-anim.gif") !important; }

toolbar[iconsize="large"] #navigator-throbber { list-style-image: url("throbber-single.gif") !important; }
toolbar[iconsize="large"] #navigator-throbber[busy="true"] { list-style-image: url("throbber-anim.gif") !important; }

The above script, comes almost verbatim from the default source, which happens to be the Urban Mainframe website. On every other theme that I have, including the default theme included with Firefox, the code above will change the throbber to the Mozilla icon.

In your zip file, you have given us the following UserChrome.css:

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

#navigator-throbber .button-icon {
width: 16px !important;
height: 16px !important;
list-style-image: url("throbber.gif") !important;
}

#navigator-throbber,
toolbar[iconsize="small"] #navigator-throbber,
#nav-bar[iconsize="small"] #navigator-throbber,
toolbar[mode="text"] #navigator-throbber {
padding: 0px 5px !important;
}

#navigator-throbber[busy="true"] .button-icon {
list-style-image: url("throbber-anim.gif") !important;
background-image: none !important;
}

toolbar[iconsize="small"] #navigator-throbber .button-icon,
toolbar[mode="text"] #navigator-throbber .button-icon {
}

toolbar[iconsize="small"] #navigator-throbber[busy="true"] .button-icon,
toolbar[mode="text"] #navigator-throbber[busy="true"] .button-icon {
}

I'm sorry, but I see no need to change what I have in my UserChrome.css to what you provided. Your theme should act like everyone else's theme, and should allow such a simple thing as a changed throbber without requiring a special version of a standard script. Although I do like the theme, until this theme recognizes replacement throbbers like other themes, it has no place on my hard drive.

Translation into Japanese follows (performed by Systran via Altavista's Babelfish).
日本語への翻訳は続く(Altavista のBabelfish によるSystran 著行われて) 。

Whoa! それを! 保持しなさい!

私は私が取り替えのthrobbers を確認しないあなたの主題を責任にするどうかしてべきであること注文のthrobber の利用にかかわる僅かな危険に十分に気づいてい、含意を認めない。実際は、ここに私のUserChrome.css の関連した部分はある。

/* Custom Throbber */
toolbar[mode="text"] #navigator-throbber { list-style-image: url("throbber16-single.gif") !important; }
toolbar[mode="text"] #navigator-throbber[busy="true"] { list-style-image: url("throbber16-anim.gif") !important; }

toolbar[iconsize="small"] #navigator-throbber { list-style-image: url("throbber24-single.gif") !important; }
toolbar[iconsize="small"] #navigator-throbber[busy="true"] { list-style-image: url("throbber24-anim.gif") !important; }

toolbar[iconsize="large"] #navigator-throbber { list-style-image: url("throbber-single.gif") !important; }
toolbar[iconsize="large"] #navigator-throbber[busy="true"] { list-style-image: url("throbber-anim.gif") !important; }

上記の原稿は都市本体のウェブサイトであることを起こるデフォルトの源から、ほとんど逐語的に来る。私が上Firefox 、コードを含んで、と含まれているデフォルトの主題有するその他すべての主題でMozilla アイコンにthrobber を変える。

あなたのZIP ファイルでは、私達に次のUserChrome.css を与えた:

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

#navigator-throbber .button-icon {
}

#navigator-throbber,
toolbar[iconsize="small"] #navigator-throbber,
#nav-bar[iconsize="small"] #navigator-throbber,
toolbar[mode="text"] #navigator-throbber {
padding: 0px 5px !important;
}

#navigator-throbber[busy="true"] .button-icon {
}

toolbar[iconsize="small"] #navigator-throbber .button-icon,
toolbar[mode="text"] #navigator-throbber .button-icon {
}

toolbar[iconsize="small"] #navigator-throbber[busy="true"] .button-icon,
toolbar[mode="text"] #navigator-throbber[busy="true"] .button-icon {
}

私は残念であるが、提供したものに私に私のUserChrome.css であるものが変える必要性を見ない。あなたの主題は皆のように主題に機能し、標準的な原稿の特別な版を要求しないで変えられたthrobber のような簡単な事を許可するべきである。私が主題を好むが、この主題は他の主題のような取り替えのthrobbers を確認するまで、私のハード・ドライブの場所を有しない。
There is a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
Kuden

Post by Kuden »

I can read simple English. Therefore, please use English as usual.

The throbber of this theme is larger than that of other themes. And, the size changes when the size of the toolbar icon is changed. Moreover, the jaggy on the edge stands out because it is a circle. A special code is used for these reasons.
A special code is necessary to modify a special code. A general-purpose code cannot be used.

I specially wrote the code only for you and answered seriously like this. However, I saw your comment and became sad...
ShawnDobie

Post by ShawnDobie »

I love this theme. Very happy it works with 1.5. Im wondering if there's anyway to get the origanal Activity Indicator though. It was one of the things I liked most. Looking for the circle one that's in the preview pictures. Thanks in advance.
Kuden

Post by Kuden »

To our regret, it changed for the beginners.
Tips: If you like Phoenity Modern original Activity Indicator, add the following code to your userChrome.css file. However, you should add this in the first line of your userChrome.css file.

@import url("chrome://global/skin/throbber/throbber.css");
ShawnDobie

Thanks...

Post by ShawnDobie »

I had problems doing that from the start. So I downloaded your .zip and got something different. Now everythings fine. Thanks again...
sevneo

Post by sevneo »

Hello

I like this theme but I have a little problem with it. The windows options seems to be too small and I can't maximize it. So the text is not entirely visible in "private life" for example

Is this a local problem on my computer or a bug

Thanks

PS Sorry for my bad english :oops:
Kuden

Post by Kuden »

Hi, sevneo.
Please, show me the screenshot.
Because I am not a native English speaker, it is all right.
sevneo

Post by sevneo »

Not a native speaker too :D

the screenshot

My firefox version is the last version and i have no extension

Thanks for help
Kuden

Post by Kuden »

Well... Thiis is a l10n(localization) problem.
See Bug 283697.
If you want to fix this, add the following code to your userChrome.css file.

Code: Select all

#BrowserPreferences {
  width: 50em !important;
}

Please match the numerical value to your environment.
Last edited by Kuden on May 21st, 2008, 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.