Session Manager 0.1 to 0.3.9+

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
logan

Post by logan »

update.xml lists sessionmanager-0.3.4.xpi in the update for 0.3.5
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

Thanks so much, zeniko. Both features work properly now.

Post by ******** »

sweet. i'll update to 0.3.5 asap.
Recall

Post by Recall »

I just want to confirm that MrTech has fixed the issue with the restart button and session manager. :D
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0
Elder Young

Post by Elder Young »

I read a few pages of this post, but I didn't find the answer that I was looking for so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. Is there an about:config entry to add a menu item that says "Undo Close Tab" like the UndoCloseTab extension, or do you have to the Tools menu or use keyconfig to program a keyboard shortcut?
System: Core 2 Quad Q9650, 8GB RAM, Sapphire 5870 Toxic, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Flash 10.1.53.64, Java 1.6U21 B04
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

wcarloss wrote:I read a few pages of this post, but I didn't find the answer that I was looking for so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. Is there an about:config entry to add a menu item that says "Undo Close Tab" like the UndoCloseTab extension, or do you have to the Tools menu or use keyconfig to program a keyboard shortcut?

If you already have the extension installed, you can find what you're looking for under Tools -> Session Manager. Also, you can use the Tab Clicking Options extension, in conjunction with Session Manager, to assign clicking events for undoing closed tabs.

<b>@zeniko:</b> One thing I have been wondering about for a while is: could you please make the "Closed Windows:" and "Closed Tabs:" labels easier for those who are "visually impaired" to handle? As is, someone with weak eyesight might not be able to read the labels. Thanks.
Elder Young

Post by Elder Young »

C@rb0n wrote:If you already have the extension installed, you can find what you're looking for under Tools -> Session Manager. Also, you can use the Tab Clicking Options extension, in conjunction with Session Manager, to assign clicking events for undoing closed tabs.

Thanks for the tip and I do already have the extension installed, but I should have been more specific as to what I was looking for. I often have tons of tabs open, so I am used to right-clicking on a webpage and going to "Undo Close Tab." Is there a way to have the right click context menu item present without having the undoclosetab extension installed?
System: Core 2 Quad Q9650, 8GB RAM, Sapphire 5870 Toxic, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Flash 10.1.53.64, Java 1.6U21 B04
cyberrus

Post by cyberrus »

the easiest way to have undo close tab at hand is to make mouse gesture with this code:

Code: Select all

gSessionManager.undoCloseTab();
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

wcarloss wrote:Is there a way to have the right click context menu item present without having the undoclosetab extension installed?

Not in the current build.
feline_dracoform

Post by feline_dracoform »

zeniko wrote:@feline_dracoform: The file format changed between version 0.2.x and 0.3.x. However the session should all have been automatically converted (*idea* have you set the option Resume Current Session or are you always loading [ Previous Browsing Session ]? - in fact, I unfortunately might have forgotten to take care of the latter, sorry). Otherwise, you usually have just one backup (plus one for each crash).

one test coming up. using Firefox 1.5.0.1 i have installed SM 0.2.13.1 and opened two tabs in one window. this is being saved and restored, "result current session" is turned on.

upgrade SM to 0.3.4 and restart firefox. i get nothing, but manually selecting [previous browsing session] from the menu restores the session.

it looks like this is all it was - you forgetting to check this setting in this circumstance.

i will just be more careful next time something like this happens. thank you for this extension, normally it is a massive help to me! :)
zen is the art of being at one with the twoness
dougeeebear

Post by dougeeebear »

@zeniko:
Preserving tab back/forward history...

Preserving tab history is fine when saved with a crash.
But tab history is preserved with sessions... save after save.
Now my tab history for certain sessions is getting quite long, without a way of deleting it outside of clearing the browser history, which is a real PITA to do on a regular basis.
EDIT.. even that doesn't delete the history from the saved sessions.
I recall saved sessions on the forums all the time, and then save them back to the same session name again.

Is there something I can change in sessionmanager.js (or some other hack) to stop tab history from being preserved in sessions, but keep it preserved on crashing?

I am using Session Manager 0.3.3.
This version works so well for me (other than that) that I don't want to upgrade.

Thanks...
Last edited by dougeeebear on March 12th, 2006, 4:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post by ******** »

cyberrus wrote:the easiest way to have undo close tab at hand is to make mouse gesture with this code:

Code: Select all

gSessionManager.undoCloseTab();

or make a keyconfig key with that code,

or get superT and disable "use built-in undoclosetab function" and then set one of the tab clicking options to "undo close tab"
superT will then use Session Manager's undoclosetab function :)

btw, i've updated to 0.3.5.1 and it's working perfectly.
aoeu

Post by aoeu »

Working nicely, I did my import from SessionSaver via a clean profile and everything is fine.

I'm not sure if this has been suggested, too many pages to read this evening, but I'd suggest a seperate entry in the Tools menu for closed tabs and closed windows -- as SessionSaver did. That way it was possible to press Alt-T->b->a (or was it 1) for the last tab, as I don't have any special shortcut extensions.
And it'd help with the clutter as well, because the context menu is rather long, and on my XGA monitor I've got to scroll quite a long way up and down to see the tabs, windows and then back up to sessions.

+ a simple undo-close button (like your general SM toolbar button) would be very nice as well.

Good luck!
siGnatURe [in scii-art]

Post by ******** »

aoeu wrote:a simple undo-close button (like your general SM toolbar button) would be very nice as well.

there is a simple undo-close button.

right-click a toolbar and go to customize...
find it, then drag it to the toolbar.
riowong

Post by riowong »

I'm new to Session Manager. May I ask for any help?

Since I'm using SessionSaver, before I install Session Manager, I'd like to know about:

1, Could the saved sessions of SessionSaver be migrated to Session Manager easily?

2, If I don't uninstall SessionSaver for keeping using saved sessions for the time being, could I uncheck all settings inside SessionSaver for solving conflicting issue with Session Manager?

Thx!!