Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Yahoo Mail Notifier 188.8.131.52
FAQ and Known Issues: click here
Changelog: click here
Localizations: en-US, af, be, bg, ca, da, de, es-ES, es-CL, fr, gl, it, ja, mk, nl, pl, pt-BR, pt-PT, ru, sk, tr, uk, zh-CN & zh-TW
Supported: Firefox 10.0-29.0, Seamonkey 2.7-2.26
Review It on U.M.O.: click here
E-Mail: morac99 [dash] firefox [at] yahoo [dot] com
Last edited by Morac on December 15th, 2013, 3:47 pm, edited 53 times in total.
you might wanna put a full summary of the ext in your 1st msg. perhaps a more-or-less copy of the amo page?
[*grin*] just wanted to point out that more introductory type info might help folks who wander thru ...
Okay. I suppose I could add more stuff. I was actually hoping people would post questions/issues here rather than at AMO since that really isn't the place to post those kind of things. The release notes aren't really useful since they mention bug fixes. The developer comments aren't really that useful either since they just say read the homepage
the reason i brought it up is that i find this ...
- MR Tech's Local Install 4.2.6 (3-10-06)
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... highlight=
... to be VERY handy. several other exts use the same general idea for the 1st post in the current-version thread for that ext.
Here you go how's this.
wow! i have never before seen such a glorious lead post! [*grin*]
sorry to nag you, dude. i just felt that you - or perhaps i should say "your users" - would eventually benefit from putting the info right up front.
you have the 96 version listed twice! [*grin*] i presume the 1st is supposed to be 97 ...
I just see this new forum entry
I add 4 requests for Yahoo! Mail Notifier that i have already put in mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (the 1st, few minutes before) or in addons.mozilla opinions (2nd and 4th) in the past :
1) All the clic (not the right clic) on the YMNotifier
icon have only one functionality : open Yahoo! Mail in
a tab/windows (the Current tab, a New unfocused tab, a
New tab or a New window).
Can you give another function to the clic ?
The function that i would like is to do a "Check Now"
without opening a tab or a window with Yahoo! Mail.
This function exists today but we have to use the
right clic and choose this function "Check Now" in the
I would like to do a Left double clic to do a "Check
Now". I already do a Left clic simple to Open the
2) Using an animated and more colored icon when email were received.
3) Using another icon during the check, also animated if the length is long.
4) Show the last update time in the bullet shown when we are on the icon of Yahoo! Mail Notifier.
These are all good suggestions.
1. This is simple to do, but requires a minor change to the GUI since "Open Yahoo Mail in... Check now" doesn't make much sense Unfortunately any changes to the GUI, even minor ones, are a hastle because they require all the localizations to be checked and updated if necessary. That said I plan to add it for my next major release.
2 & 3. And I can have it play "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" too right? Animated icons are a good idea, unfortunately I'm not very good at animating them. And they also have to be the correct size (height of 16 for the status bar and height of 24 for the toolbar). Also I'm not sure if everyone would like them which means another option which means another GUI change (see #1). If anyone wants to whip up some animated icons of the correct size and I like them, I'll use them.
4. Another good idea. I'm planning to change the way the notification works somewhat in a later release. I've already gotten permission for the author of GMail Manager to implement a similar interface to what he has. Of course this means a GUI change.....
You could do it like how YMail Notifier does it:
I have already install it in the past to test it.
It is why I propose to add this option.
I'm about to release version 0.9.8 mainly to fix two rather annoying bugs. When it is available I'll update the first post.
1. Fixed: Error alerts popping up after disconnecting from a network for a long period of time. Alert should now only pop-up when user tries to manually log in using either the login window or the "check now" menu entry to start checking (issuing a "check now" when the extension is already checking won't popup an error). This should cut down on the complaints.
2. Fixed: Firefox 1.0.X based browsers (Mozilla, Netscape 8.1 and FF 1.0.7) suffer from bug 174320. This will cause the extension to not check for mail when it first logs in when using an older browser (it would check at the next interval). I've added a work around for this. Since Firefox 1.5, Flock and SeaMonkey do not suffer from this bug, this may explain why some people said that it wasn't checking for mail and others (like me) said it worked fine. This should also cut down on the complaints.
3. Added: Option to allow user to select to check mail with mouse click. Currently uses the "Check now" text which isn't the best phrase, but will work for now since I don't want to go through the hastle of updating all the localization at the moment. I'll change it later during the next major update.
4. Added: Last check time to tooltip as per suggestion.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests