Firefox Password Mgr and Cingular Website

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
activemind

Firefox Password Mgr and Cingular Website

Post by activemind »

Hi all,
I am trying to do an extension to pull out minutes info from Cingular website (https://www.myaccount.cingular.com/) but I am running into a problem. If I goto this website and enter my info...FF prompts me to remember the info. I say Yes. Now if I come back to that website, FF is just able to fill in the last 4 digits of the wireless number. It somehow misses the first 6 digits. If I go ahead lookup the entries in the passwd manager I can see there too that only the last 4 digits of the wireless number are stored....
Can anyone help me with this or give me some pointers..
-AM
http://activemind.wordpress.com
trolly

Post by trolly »

Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Passwords -> View Passwords
Remove the site and try again. If it still does not work they may have included a hack to prevent storing the password. I guess the splitting of the id number screws up the password manager. There is a button "Remember my id". Maybe this helps.
Edit: FF stores one id and one password. Cingular uses three ids and one password. :!:
activemind

Post by activemind »

yeah, I looked at the cigular login page code and they do have 3 fields....so is there any way around it...so that I can make my extension login to the account and get the info?
trolly

Post by trolly »

I guess you can make a bookmarklet or an extension just to fill the ids in. I do not see anything in plain FF what can do this.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
activemind

Post by activemind »

can you give me a pointer on how to make a bookmarklet (this is my first FF extension :-P
trolly

Post by trolly »

A bookmarklet is just a piece of JavaScript placed in a bookmark (as location). A very simple one:

Code: Select all

javascript:(function(){ document.getElementsByName("new_forum")[0].value = 26; document.getElementsByName("move_leave_shadow")[0].checked = false;})();
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.