Mozilla Frozen

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
musclewarrior

Mozilla Frozen

Post by musclewarrior »

I just got a new internet modem from cox communication. However, each time i try to download something or save somethin to my computer using the mozilla browser my browser freezes up and at the top it says (Not Responding) I have tried un/Re installing the program but it still does the same thing. Is anyone else having this problem. If so can you tell me how to fix the problem. I do not know if it is a problem that can be fixed with a patch or if my computer is just not compatable with new internet modem. However,m it was working for a while withe new modem. I have the latest versions of all my programs and i do not think anything is missing. PLEASE Help. Mozilla is the only browser i trust. Or if anyone knows a browser program that has the same antivirus @ spyware blocker tools please let me know. THANKS BDB
Tad Ghostal

Post by Tad Ghostal »

Mmmm... Are you using Mozilla Suite or Firefox? Locate your profile folder with the browser closed and delete downloads.rdf.
Or if anyone knows a browser program that has the same antivirus @ spyware blocker tools please let me know.

Mozilla/Firefox has NO tools to block/remove viruses/spyware. Where did you hear that?
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20061201 Firefox/2.0.0.6 (Ubuntu-feisty)
When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people just stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*'.
-- Linus Torvalds
musclewarrior

Post by musclewarrior »

i am using mozilla firefox 1.5.0.1 i do not know the diffrence. I just got this computer i am still learning how to use it. How do i find my profile folder. My cousin is a 25year computer tech he found mozilla.com. this browser stops sites from uploading alot of diffrent programs from being sent to your computer. Programs that could have viruses attached to pop up windows.
OlGranDad

Post by OlGranDad »

musclewarrior wrote:...I just got this computer i am still learning how to use it. How do i find my profile folder...
Have a read here musclewarrior:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder
Tad Ghostal

Post by Tad Ghostal »

I meant to tell musclewarrior where the profile folder was, but that escaped me somehow. Firefox is far safer than other browsers as it will prevent you from drive-by download type attacks. It's still wisest to use it with a good Antivirus/Antispyware program though.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20061201 Firefox/2.0.0.6 (Ubuntu-feisty)
When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people just stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*'.
-- Linus Torvalds
OlGranDad

Post by OlGranDad »

sumguy231 wrote:I meant to tell musclewarrior where the profile folder was...
Sorry for barging in like that sumguy231, but you weren't online when I saw musclewarrior's latest post.
/OT
Tad Ghostal

Post by Tad Ghostal »

No, don't worry about it - thanks, in fact. :)
-- Linus Torvalds