MozillaZine

12/21 Excellent!

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Matt34
 
Posts: 36
Joined: November 17th, 2002, 1:30 pm
Location: Israel

Post Posted December 23rd, 2002, 4:05 am

I upgraded from the 0.5 milestone to 12/21, mostly because of the memory-leak bug fix, and want to encourage other 0.5 holdouts to do the same (or get an even more recent nightly!)' it seems much faster on my somewhat-old machine probably thanks to the memory leak fixes, especially after browsing for a few hours. I have been using it for two days now without any obvious bugs leaping to the fore (although it's sometimes hard to distinguish a Phoenix bug from general Windows instability).

RAF
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 12605
Joined: November 5th, 2002, 2:19 pm
Location: .nl

Post Posted December 23rd, 2002, 4:12 am

You don't have the 'Phoenix forgets my passwords'-problem?

Matt34
 
Posts: 36
Joined: November 17th, 2002, 1:30 pm
Location: Israel

Post Posted December 23rd, 2002, 4:19 am

Works for me, although I only really use the password-storing feature on two sites: AccuWeather and a normal webmail site that uses a standard username/password form. Do you have any specific sites you want me to test (obviously, I have to be able to create a free account there!)?

RAF
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 12605
Joined: November 5th, 2002, 2:19 pm
Location: .nl

Post Posted December 23rd, 2002, 4:32 am

Are you sure you created a new profile and all?
As far as I know sometime after the 0.5 milestone the password manager broke (on every nightly since then)..

Matt34
 
Posts: 36
Joined: November 17th, 2002, 1:30 pm
Location: Israel

Post Posted December 23rd, 2002, 4:39 am

That would explain it. I last created a new profile for 0.5. When I updated Phoenix to 12/21, I was brave and kept the old profile; a good decision apparently. I have not stored any additional passwords since then.

herman
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: November 7th, 2002, 3:45 pm

Post Posted December 23rd, 2002, 5:00 am

Matt34 wrote:I upgraded from the 0.5 milestone to 12/21, mostly because of the memory-leak bug fix, and want to encourage other 0.5 holdouts to do the same (or get an even more recent nightly!)' it seems much faster on my somewhat-old machine probably thanks to the memory leak fixes, especially after browsing for a few hours. I have been using it for two days now without any obvious bugs leaping to the fore (although it's sometimes hard to distinguish a Phoenix bug from general Windows instability).


I don´t like to put some water into the wine, but Phoenix as Mozilla have a crasher bug regarding CSS: on some websites, hovering over a link crashes the browser.
That happens with versions of phoenix and mozilla newer than Dec 16th, and I hope it will be fixed soon, since a patch exists, but isn´t not yet checked in.

http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3259

Try hovering over one of the links at http://albinoblacksheep.com


herman

wget

User avatar
 
Posts: 4701
Joined: November 8th, 2002, 9:51 am
Location: Denmark

Post Posted December 23rd, 2002, 7:41 am

RAF wrote:As far as I know sometime after the 0.5 milestone the password manager broke (on every nightly since then)..

My password manager is broken in 0.5.

alanjstr
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 9100
Joined: November 5th, 2002, 4:43 pm
Location: Anywhere but here

Post Posted December 23rd, 2002, 7:45 am

wget wrote:
RAF wrote:As far as I know sometime after the 0.5 milestone the password manager broke (on every nightly since then)..

My password manager is broken in 0.5.


I didn't have a problem until the 12/14 build, when it stopped remembering cookies. I hate having to use a browser that's more than a week old :evil:. Alas, tis the holiday season and some people have lives.

wget

User avatar
 
Posts: 4701
Joined: November 8th, 2002, 9:51 am
Location: Denmark

Post Posted December 23rd, 2002, 8:40 am

alanjstr wrote:I didn't have a problem until the 12/14 build, when it stopped remembering cookies.

Ugh. More regressions? These are all mishaps in the Mozilla tree, right?

old Neil Parks
Moderator
 
Posts: 0
Joined: December 31st, 1969, 5:00 pm

Post Posted December 23rd, 2002, 8:43 am

wget wrote:
alanjstr wrote:I didn't have a problem until the 12/14 build, when it stopped remembering cookies.

Ugh. More regressions? These are all mishaps in the Mozilla tree, right?


Hmmm... Perhaps that explains why these MozillaZine Forums are no longer honoring the automatic login request.

johnh123
 
Posts: 296
Joined: December 2nd, 2002, 10:35 am
Location: NY, NY

Post Posted December 23rd, 2002, 9:09 am

I guess there are some advantages to not making a new profile with each new install...

alanjstr
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 9100
Joined: November 5th, 2002, 4:43 pm
Location: Anywhere but here

Post Posted December 23rd, 2002, 10:50 am

johnh123 wrote:I guess there are some advantages to not making a new profile with each new install...


Even with my old profile, it stopped remembering that I put in my password for Yahoo.
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files

ehume

User avatar
 
Posts: 6743
Joined: November 17th, 2002, 12:33 pm
Location: Princeton, NJ, USA

Post Posted December 23rd, 2002, 3:57 pm

I am not having the password problem. OTOH, although I create a new profile with every new nightly, I keep my cookies and bookmarks files. Lucky me.

Richard
 
Posts: 67
Joined: November 5th, 2002, 7:29 pm
Location: Venezuela

Post Posted December 23rd, 2002, 8:19 pm

herman wrote:a crasher bug regarding CSS: on some websites, hovering over a link crashes the browser. That happens with versions of phoenix and mozilla newer than Dec 16th, and I hope it will be fixed soon, since a patch exists, but isn´t not yet checked in.
http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3259
Try hovering over one of the links at http://albinoblacksheep.com
herman


To my sorrow, I tried it, px0.5-22dec, linux, and Px promptly died. Don't much much about fancy coding but the page seems to be real patchwork of overlying links and tags, as far as phoenix is concerned. The page renders with no problems in my somewhat dated Konqueror 2.2.1 (Kde2.2.1).
Richard.

Tutor
 
Posts: 38
Joined: January 2nd, 2003, 8:53 pm
Location: Germany

Post Posted January 4th, 2003, 2:21 am

herman wrote:I don´t like to put some water into the wine, but Phoenix as Mozilla have a crasher bug regarding CSS: on some websites, hovering over a link crashes the browser.
That happens with versions of phoenix and mozilla newer than Dec 16th, and I hope it will be fixed soon, since a patch exists, but isn´t not yet checked in.
http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3259
Try hovering over one of the links at http://albinoblacksheep.com


I give the built 12/28 both thumbs up, the problem you describe doesn't exist and the password manager works too. I had just one crasher that is already mentioned in the forum. Phoenix is now my number one browser, I really like it.

Great work!

Return to Firefox Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests