Unable to connect

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
susiepops

Unable to connect

Post by susiepops »

When attempting to open links from search engine responses I am unable to connect to those sites that seem to be hosted. The following is an example. (This happened before upgrading to the latest version)

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.googleadservices.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

The same happens with this site: Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at clk.atdmt.com. and others

IN addition to this since upgrading to the newest version Advertising blocks on web pages often fail to load leaving similar messages.
I have tried the usual solutions from the tools menu but cannot resolve.

Anyone know the answer?

Post by Guest »

After my update to 1.5.0.2, Firefox will no longer connect to any web site. Currently viewing this in IE, which is working without fault. I've got ZoneAlarm, but it's currently turned off. Normal error:

"Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.google.com.

Post by Guest »

^^

Problem seems resolved through disabling IPV6 via about:config.
geoffatmhg2

Post by geoffatmhg2 »

Having just installed Firefox 1.5.0.2 I am experiencing exactly the same problems.

I too am viewing thru' IE6. Have tried uninstall & re-install which was no good. Also tried turning off my Firewall, still no connection to any site. This has now been 12 hours since installation, so it can be an ISP fault. It worked fine until the upgrade, tried turning back using system restore to a pre-update period... still no connection. Am now at a loss so may well have to abandon Firefox, which is a shame as up until now it worked fine.
geoffatmhg2

Post by geoffatmhg2 »

Anonymous wrote:^^

Problem seems resolved through disabling IPV6 via about:config.

Found "network.dns.disableIPv6" which is reading "false". Toggled it to "true" which made no difference. How do I disable it?

BTW I have no Firefox "Safe Mode" at all. Is yours still there?
geoffatmhg2

Post by geoffatmhg2 »

I have now removed every single extension and still no connection. I have considered thru' "About:configure" to restoring "natural Order" which I presume will return all configuartion settings back to default. I have not yet done so as I am hoping for a less radical solution
Pike

Post by Pike »

Many firewalls will continue to block programs even when they are disabled, so if you have a Firewall installed but disabled then try to re-enable it and see what happens. There's also some more information on the following page:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_any_website
psu526

update malfuntion

Post by psu526 »

I too had trouble with the update and when I uninstalled and re-installed, it still would not work. I just now went into my firewall settings, changed some things and it finally works. I run Norton Anti-virus, and under firewall>configure>programs>Mozilla Firefox, I changed the internet access from "permit all" to "automatic" and Firefox finally worked. Not sure how other anti-virus software is set up, but hope this helps someone.

Post by Guest »

I am having the same problem after my new update...
im in IE now for the first time in months...ugh

tried about:config and toggled IPv6 and still nothing...
im not running a firewall at all right now bc i am diagnosing this.... so its not the firewall doing it..

Post by Guest »

Yep same issue installed the new update and now Firedfox Homepage will not load up. Whats the solution?
geoffatmhg2

Post by geoffatmhg2 »

I have completely uninstalled my Zone Alarm and tried running Windows Firewall. Still no connection. Turned Windows Firewall off. Still no connection. Turned my AV off (F-Secure) still no connection. Everything works fine with IE. Shame, but may have to ditch Firefox ever unless a solution can be found. Looking through this and other Forums there are many dozens maybe even more FF users having the same problems. It can not be our PC set-ups. It must be a bug in FF v. 1.5.0.2 especially as it worked fine with previous release. Has anyone tried re-nstalling previous version.

Post by Guest »

yes^ I just reinstalled 1.0.1.5 and all is working again thankfully...
geoffatmhg2

Post by geoffatmhg2 »

Anonymous wrote:yes^ I just reinstalled 1.0.1.5 and all is working again thankfully...

Pse can you tell me where you found it?

Post by Guest »

^ IM looking for the link... sorry i lost it already

it was a FTP site from mozilla, someone posted it in another thread but now i cant find it, ill keep looking..

Post by Guest »