[Ext] Session Manager 0.4 to 0.4.3

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
old zeniko

[Ext] Session Manager 0.4 to 0.4.3

Post by old zeniko »

This thread has been replaced:

<li>New discussion thread
<li>User feedback at addons.mozilla.org
<li>Session Manager homepage
<li><a href="http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/sessionmanager.xpi">Latest version by zeniko</a>

Thanks for the additional click...
Last edited by old zeniko on January 6th, 2007, 6:09 pm, edited 29 times in total.
dougeeebear

Post by dougeeebear »

What happened to the undo list option "Clear 'Closed' List..." in 0.4?

EDIT: I got it working by adding the missing code from 0.3.9.11+ in sessionmanager.xul.
This is for both the toolbar and tools menu lists.

Code: Select all

<menuseparator _id="end-separator"/>
            <menuitem label="&clearList.label;" accesskey="&clearList.accesskey;" oncommand="gSessionManager.clearUndoListPrompt();"/>
Last edited by dougeeebear on April 17th, 2006, 4:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
dougeeebear

Post by dougeeebear »

From the previous thread, zeniko wrote:
dougeeebear wrote:So to me, the userChrome.js version makes more sense, and is what I am using instead of the built-in version.

Actually, you can't use the userChrome.js version instead of the built-in one. What you observed works only for one backup copy - all others are deleted by Session Manager (as you told it by setting the number of additional backups to 0). If you want to discuss this further, please do so over at the new discussion thread.

Actually, I can set the userChrome.js MAX_BACKUP_COUNT to whatever I want, and it keeps that many older backups even with the built-in option set at '0' (although in real use I actually only keep one).
It works fine for me this way.
dougeeebear

Post by dougeeebear »

And now with version 0.4 the userChrome.js hack for not saving tab history in manually saved sessions and backup sessions no longer works.
You keep changing code so much I can't keep up with you.
I guess that's progress though.
Back to 0.3.9.11+.
Peng

Post by Peng »

dougeeebear wrote:You keep changing code so much I can't keep up with you.
I guess that's progress though.

That should be the trunk's motto. :)
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
Check out: Adblock Plus | FoxClocks | OpenBook
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

Just upgraded from 0.3.9. I was having problems getting it to restore sessions. Instead, it loaded only my FF homepage. I am hoping 0.4 fixes that.
Will Pittenger
billyswong

Post by billyswong »

Tried .3.9.12+ yesterday. Very grateful that it solved the new thread per 10s problem. However, when I looked around in the options dialog, after the "Resume Current Session At Restart" option deleted, the "At startup ..." option was untouched and stated "<load homepage>" although the old "Resume" option was ticked in the past. This may produce an "upgrade bug" for many people...
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

dougeeebear wrote:What happened to the undo list option "Clear 'Closed' List..." in 0.4?

That one shouldn't have been there in the first place (it was only targeted at SeaMonkey users). If you want it back, it should be quite simple to implement a userChrome.js snippet for that (no need to hack the sources).

dougeeebear wrote:And now with version 0.4 the userChrome.js hack for not saving tab history in manually saved sessions and backup sessions no longer works.

To get it working again, all you have to do is replace this.mOneTabRE with the following:

/\n\[Window(\d+\.Tab\d+)\]\n[\s\S]*?(?=\n\[Window(?!\1)|$)/g

Will Pittenger wrote:I was having problems getting it to restore sessions. Instead, it loaded only my FF homepage. I am hoping 0.4 fixes that.

It indeed fixes some restore issues. Should you still see them, please indicate whether you get any errors in the JS console (having javascript.options.showInConsole set to true) and if possible how to reproduce the behavior on a clean profile.

billyswong wrote:This may produce an "upgrade bug" for many people...

As long as they don't look into the Options dialog, they won't notice anything. And should they ever notice (when they don't want the previous session to be resumed), they'll just have to set it to "Prompt", confirm the dialog and set it back to "None". I hope they'll forgive me that slight inconvenience...
JDPower

Post by JDPower »

JDPower wrote:If I close and reopen FF Session Manager works as it should but if I use Restart FF then it doesn't reload my previous session. I didn't initially suspect Restart Firefox as it used to work really well with session Manager but something has obviously changed to cause this

Just thought I'd let you know I have just updated to version 0.4 and the above problem is now fixed. Thanks.
dougeeebear

Post by dougeeebear »

zeniko wrote:
dougeeebear wrote:What happened to the undo list option "Clear 'Closed' List..." in 0.4?

That one shouldn't have been there in the first place (it was only targeted at SeaMonkey users). If you want it back, it should be quite simple to implement a userChrome.js snippet for that (no need to hack the sources).
WFM.

zeniko wrote:
dougeeebear wrote:And now with version 0.4 the userChrome.js hack for not saving tab history in manually saved sessions and backup sessions no longer works.

To get it working again, all you have to do is replace this.mOneTabRE with the following:

/\n\[Window(\d+\.Tab\d+)\]\n[\s\S]*?(?=\n\[Window(?!\1)|$)/g
That works nicely.. thanks.

Post by ******** »

I wrote a userChrome.css hack for making "Reopen Closed..." appear at the top of the Session Manager toolbar button's menu. Because of XUL's weird way of implementing -moz-box-ordinal-group, I had to play around with the elements a bit:

#sessionmanager-toolbar menu[_id="undo-menu"] {
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 1 !important;
}
#sessionmanager-toolbar menuitem[label^="Save Session"] {
  visibility: collapse !important;
}
#sessionmanager-toolbar menuitem[label="Session Manager Options"] + menuseparator {
  display: none !important;
}
#sessionmanager-toolbar > menupopup menuseparator:not([_id="closed-separator"]), #sessionmanager-toolbar > menupopup menuitem[accesskey] {
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2 !important;
}
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

zeniko wrote:
Will Pittenger wrote:I was having problems getting it to restore sessions. Instead, it loaded only my FF homepage. I am hoping 0.4 fixes that.

It indeed fixes some restore issues. Should you still see them, please indicate whether you get any errors in the JS console (having javascript.options.showInConsole set to true) and if possible how to reproduce the behavior on a clean profile.

It did happen again with 0.4. The value you mentioned is true. However, I do not know what I am looking for. There are a lot of errors showing up after a restart.

Edit: I just found that in your options, Startup & Shutdown was set to load the homepage. Did you settings change in a way that couldn't import the old settings?
Will Pittenger
dgrimm1

Post by dgrimm1 »

Just wanted to say excellent extension zeniko!
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

@desertfox: Interesting hack. :)

Will Pittenger wrote:It did happen again with 0.4. [...] There are a lot of errors showing up after a restart.

Since I've never experienced this, I'll need more data for determining where the problem lies. Can you reproduce this on a clean profile (ruling out an extension conflict)? And could you please PM me the content of the file crashrecovery.bak from your profile folder and all messages visible in the console (use Console² for copying all messages together) when this happens again (i.e. don't otherwise close Firefox or do anything else with it)?

Will Pittenger wrote:Edit: I just found that in your options, Startup & Shutdown was set to load the homepage. Did you settings change in a way that couldn't import the old settings?

Thats the "upgrade bug" billyswong mentioned above. It's just a UI quirk. Set it to "[ Previous Browsing Session ]" if you feel uncomfortable... ;)
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

zeniko wrote:
Will Pittenger wrote:It did happen again with 0.4. [...] There are a lot of errors showing up after a restart.

Since I've never experienced this, I'll need more data for determining where the problem lies. Can you reproduce this on a clean profile (ruling out an extension conflict)? And could you please PM me the content of the file crashrecovery.bak from your profile folder and all messages visible in the console (use Console² for copying all messages together) when this happens again (i.e. don't otherwise close Firefox or do anything else with it)?

Never mind. Blame the upgrade bug.
Will Pittenger